Thursday, June 23, 2011

I believe in FAIRIES!!

...and I'm hoping the Housework Fairy stops by my house sooner than later!! The dust bunnies are mutiplying at warp speed!! LOL!!


Seriously...have you ever seen such a cute image? Well, of course, this little Housework Fairy is the brainchild of the very, very talented Mo Manning!! I couldn't wait to color this cutie patootie...and decided that this week's challenge at Mo's would be perfect for her!!

Our hostess this week is our talented Design Teamie, Lisa, who has come up with the most delightful theme...

Flowers, Flutters, Fairies, Fancy folds...
use any or all!

So I chose the "all" option...here's my little card for this week's challenge...

 

How much fun is this little sweetheart? I love her...and I made this card especially for my sweet sister, Dee. She loves to vacuum (crazy, I know!)...but, like me, she'd LOVE this little fairy mama to pop on over and take care of the dusting! hehehe!! I wanted to try a different kind of fold...so I found the directions for this Joy Fold Card on Splitcoast Stampers and went to town, so to speak! And, let me say...this fold is such fun and so easy to make!


I used Lavender Lace and Certainly Celery cardstock from Stampin Up...and my DPs came from Prima's "Sweet Fairy" collection. And, of course, she was colored with my fave Copics. Lots of Stardust Stckles and some gorgeous lavender pearls added some fun bling...because Housework Fairies simply MUST have their BLING, ya know!! LOL! Oh...and don'tcha just love this sentiment? I found it at Stamping Bella!!


And, last but not least...


So there ya go, kids. Now...head on over to Mo's DP2 and take a peek at what Lisa and the rest of my DT sisters have created this week for inspiration!! Then pull out your papers and crayons (or whatever crafting supplies you "fancy") and come up with your own little masterpiece using a Mo Manning image and this week's theme. And, you never know, you may just win yourself one of Mo's amazingly fun digi images!!

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit...and a special thanks for your kind comments. They really do make my day. Sending hugs...until next time...

22 comments:

tilly said...

andother beauty from Mo
lovley colouring and glitter lol
Tilly

Debbie said...

I look forward to Thursdays so that I can see your beautiful creations.. And you never disappoint. This is "FANTASTIC" When she is done getting rid of your dust bunnies, can you send her here.. Mine are just as big!!!

Absolutely Gorgeous as always

Hugs
Debbie

Elaine L. said...

I love this, Pat! The colors are wonderful, and you always use just the right embellishments!

Cindi Flass said...

Wow! This is amazing! The colors are wonderful.

Dorcas said...

I saw this in the yahoo album and wanted to burst, it is soooo gorgeous in every way. I loove the color combo and I love the glitter you dusted her with too. YOur coloring is beyond fabulous. Really awesome card!

Uschi said...

Ich finde Deine Karte hervorragend.
Die Colortion ist genial und die Farb- und Papierauswahl ganz großartig!!

Liebe Grüße
Uschi

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card and I love that image! Wish she would come over here and do her magic LOL
hugs, Marlies

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just beautiful, gorgeous work, she needs to come to my house and do some housework for me will you send her to me? lol, hugs pops x

Kathy Bradley said...

I have the best time reading your fun comments on your blog, Pat! Your image is colored wonderfully and your joy fold card is awesome!

Norma said...

Oh yeah, I believe in them too. And please send her over my way after she’s done with your and your sister’s places. I can sure use her help. My place has been sadly neglected in favor of all the crafting stuff to do…LOL.
Pat, this is fabulous. Mo sure has magic in her fingers. Superbly coloured as always. Love the fancy folds and your gorgeous DP’s. Gotta love the card!
Hugs,
Norma

CraftyC said...

Totally adorable Pat. Just love this image and you've coloured her beautifully!
Clairexx

Barb said...

Pat, this is truly stunning! I love your color choices and all the fun details! Gorgeous coloring! Hugs!

coops said...

stunning card pat.the image is fabulous and i love your gorgeous colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Molecraft said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the colours and fab design!
Helen x

Dawn B. said...

I really struggle with soft colors like this. This card is gorgeous. I love to vacuum too. I hate dirty floors. Great job Pat.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Love this! This fairy makes me think of Flylady---www.flylady.com
She's got a great site with how to get organized-do routines-feather dusters---it really, really works!
I keep meaning to use this image to send her a thank you card--she's saved my royal backside a lot of work! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Candy said...

Wonderful card, Pat!!
Hugs, Candy

Barb Hardeman said...

Hey sweet lady! This card is indeed a joy! What a fun image and perfectly matched sentiment on the inside. Your sense of humor is all over this card. Your coloring is fantastic, but then it always is! Love how you did the joy fold, just a little different than what I've seen before. Cute, cute, cute...hugs...Barb

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie! This is not only gorgeous but also so funny and inspiring! Didn't realize it was a fancy fold; how brilliant! Love the sentiment, what woman wouldn't...lol. I prefer dusting than the look of my kitchen at the end of the day...lol.
Love your card sweetie and your delightful sense of humor:)
Hugs...Iulia

fairysparkle said...

I really love this and i love the colours and everything and i also love that you love fairies because as my name shows i am also a fairy sprinkling fairy dust wherever i go lol.

Ellie said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is just amazing.

Sandy said...

I sure wish I had one of these fairies! Hey - wait a minute, I am that fairy; I just know it. Cute card Pat, I love the colors. And the inside of your cards are always outstanding.
Love
Sandy