Monday, June 13, 2011

Just for fun...

Hi sweet friends...
I hope you had a fabuous weekend...I decided to extend mine by one day! hehehe!! So, I thought I'd make something just for fun! That's right...I actually received this new Watercan Tilda stamp just a few days ago from my sweet friend, Diana Crick, owner of Magnolia-licious, your online store for Magnolia stamps and accessories...as well as the new Mini Magnolias!! Sooooo, I just couldn't wait to color her...er, Tilda, not Diana! LOL! Now, the funny thing is, I don't know the difference between a flower and a weed...and, frankly, some weeds are actually quite lovely! But Tilda looks like she knows all about gardening!!


I decided to make a twisted easel card since I hadn't made one of these in quite some time. I masked Tilda and added these lovely Magnolia tulips....and set to coloring with my Copic sketch markers and Prismacolor pencils. I used Nestabilities dies to cut out my picture...and then added a Magnolia Doohickey fence die and some Martha Stewart punched butterflies...jazzed up with some pearls, of course!


Here's a better view of the easel design...don'tcha love those flowers? They're from Wild Orchid Crafts. I tell ya, if you haven't checked them out, you need to. Fabulous products, friendly service, and super fast shipping! I have never, ever been disappointed! In this next view, you can see that I bowed out the fence just a smidgen. I kinda like the effect! Whatcha think?


And here's a photo from yet another angle...don't know if you can see, but I've used a Magnolia Doohickey Swirl Die and some pearl swirls...as well as my very fave and frequently used Vintage Tag. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up...it was in a set of stamps called "Hello You".


Here's the rest of my recipe:
Cardstock: Barely Banana & Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up)
DPs: "Hideaway" by First Edition (I got this from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design)
Pearl flourishes: ZVA Creatives (also from Susana's store)
Ribbon & ink: Certainly Celery (Stampin' Up)

I've decided to enter this little cutie into this week's challenge over at "Just Magnolia" Challenge Blog. They have a fun sketch...and, if you look closely, you can see that I did, indeed, follow the sketch.


So, there you go...that's it for me today...but I should have another Maggie coming to you tomorrow..that is, if it's the second Tuesday of the month! That's when Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog posts its new Color Challenge for the month! Thank you so much for stopping by and for leaving such sweet comments...Maggie hugs, my lovelies...until next time....

31 comments:

Suzi said...

Wow! Pat, this is so delicious, I love the colour combo, Tilda is so pretty in these colours and your embellishments are adorable.
Hugs
Suzi x

Dawn said...

Hi Pat, Amazingly beautiful card! I wish I looked as good as Tilda out in the garden! Lovely colour combo, beautiful papers and your colouring is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Dawn

Rene said...

Oh Pat, this is GORGEOUS!!! What super pretty colors and what an awesome layout...she's so sweet! Wish she'd stop by and water my garden!
Rene :D

Cheryl said...

Hi Pat, wow what a stunning card, you never cease to amaze me, that tilda is on my wish list she is so cute. Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow. Thanks for your great comments on my blog, love to hear from you. Gee my comment is almost as long as your post ROFL , sorry about that.
Hugs & Kisses Cheryl

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is just too pretty for words, love it!
Helen x

Chris said...

Aww, isn't she adorable? I love the peach and green. It's so Springy! The two stamps go perfectly together. Great idea (I'll have to give it a go). Your coloration is perfect. It is such a sweet, feminine card, Pat. Lovely!

Linda said...

Wow super cute card!!!! Colors are beautiful!!!! Love the stamps!!! Great job!!!!

Shelly said...

Very sweet twisted easel card Pat! It's too stinkin' cute =) But I always know that I can find something wonderful on your blog!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Gorgeous card! : )

Cricket said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous. I love the soft colors.

Peggie said...

Great card. Love the fence.

Danielle said...

HI Pat, isn't thisTilda cute! She's my 2nd favorite in this collection. I love her soooo much. She would not be very popular in Montreal these days, so much rain, no need for a watercan! Love your color combo, and the gorgeous papers. Very lovely
Hugs.

Nancy said...

Love your card. The layout is great....actually, I liked EVERYTHING about it! I think I need that fence die. gggg
Nancy

Julie said...

Beautiful card Pat! I really like the dimension in the fence. Fabulous!

Julie

Sharon Caudle said...

Well slap me silly and call me Shirley!! This card is beautiful, Pat!! I love this Tilda and your coloring is gorgeous as always! Love how you did the fence and hope you don't mind if I steal the idea! *smiles* Absolutely stunning work!
hugs, Sharon

Beth said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! Love this image, and your beautiful coloring! Great job!

cabio's craft corner said...

Great to know you had a wonderful weekend Pat. How fun to ink up the image as soon as you got it. Your beautiful coloring and the design created a lovely garden for this Tilda. This looks fabulous :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kelly Neis said...

Hi Pat, love your card and the colors are so pretty. I just inked mine up last night but coloring didn't go as well as yours. I do not garden either but she is so darn cute I had to have her.

Dena said...

Wowie Pat, is this cute or WHAT!!!!? Love the colors and you colored her so gorgeous!!!!!The fence is a darling touch!
Hugs, Dena

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Pat, oh my, this card is so sweet! Love your soft colors and beautiful coloring of Tilda. The Twisted Easel is such a perfect backdrop for your pretty garden scene and the flowers and swirls are a delight! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to steal your idea of the bowed fence. It will work perfectly on the card I'm working on tonight.
Hugs,
Barb

CraftyC said...

Your card is adorable Pat, so very pretty
Clairexx

Chrissy said...

Stunning colours Pat, such a beautiful colourful card. Gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx
[love the bowed fence..very cool]

heidy said...

Wow Pat,what a pretty card,love the colour combi and all the embellischment!
Hugs Heidy

paola said...

Hells bells girlfriend, you are rockin" leaving us in the dust these days with your fabulous creations, i think YOU should be emailing Mag nu to get on their dt, this is absolutely stunning, love everything about it. Leaving a blazing trail behind you with this one, YOU GO GIRL!
smiles
Paola

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very pretty! I love the little picket fence with the flowers, etc! Very cheery! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Dee said...

Such a neat card !! Love the fence and the 3-Dimension of it!

bluebell said...

hello just would like to say,i have used the same papers on my card for the magnolia/haglar/stranglar chalange.i fell in love with the pad at a craft fair,it was hard to choose which one. nice to see things been used across in americe,love bluebell-flowerwood,happy crafting .

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card Pat! Lovely colours, great shape and beautiful details!
hugs, Marlies

Christina C. said...

This card is a pure delight...totally stunning!!!!

* Üla * said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Pat. I love the lovely summery colours and very sweet Tilda.
hugs Ula

Sandy said...

Just how many of your cards have I missed!?! This has to be one of my favorites - I love EVERYTHING about it.
XO
Sandy