Thursday, August 1, 2013

Game on!!

Happy August 1st, my darlins!! It's time for another cool challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And this week we're doing an "Alphabet Challenge"!! That's right . . . our theme is . . .

"G is for..."

Well, well, well! I spent all week pondering which "G-word" I was going to use as inspiration and here's what I came up with . . .
G is for . . . "Game On"! That's the name of this cool Mo image!! He just reminds me of my youngest son, Adam! And . . .  since Adam's birthday is next month . . . voila! A birthday card for my "baby's" 35th birthday!! Yikes! Pretty soon he'll be older than his mama! LOL! Here's a close-up . . .
Perfect for a "guy" card . . . don'tcha think? You can find this cool image HERE in Mo's online store! Here's a side view . . .
  My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White paper
Mellow Moss & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
All edges inked with Walnut Distress ink by Tim Holtz
DPs: "Up, Up & Away" by Kaisercraft
Hardware: Stampin' Up
Ribbon: My stash
Sentiments: LOTV, Verses, & my stash
Punches: Martha Stewart
Copic & Shin Han markers, and Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 
Close-up of the sentiment (this just cracks me up!) . . . 
And, one last pic . . .
So . . . fun huh? I hope my sweet Adam likes it! Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the fabulous "G-themed" projects by my talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Thanks so much for visiting! Hugs . . . until next time . . . .

11 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Love it! Your coloring is wonderful! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Elaine L. said...

Wow, Pat! I love the way you've colored this image! Wonderful card!

Claire said...

This is a fab card, great image and layout. Hugs, Claire x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful card Mz. Pat...Love the colors and the image is great...The sentiments are just as lovely as well...Hugz, joann

Melanie said...

A fabulous card!
Love the comment you put inside the card... :-)

Hugs,
Melanie

Debbie said...

Adam is going to love this, Especially since it's a homemade card from Mom. "Great job both inside and out.

Hugs
Debbie

Kecia said...

Oh my, this is awesome! What a great image and wonderfully colored.

Franz♥ said...

Hello hello hunny! What a fab masculine card and the image is just perfect for the theme! Your design is flawless as always!

I send you lot of hugs, Franz.

Tracy said...

Don't cha just hate it when those kiddies pass us up in years. LOL Awesome card Pat. Great layout and I love the ribbon slider. Hugs!

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!!
Another amazing card. Love your details. I have hard time doing boy cards. I need to get back to that soon. You inspired me as always.

Hugz
Kim

AnjaCardz said...

Hello m'dear, hope you're doing well! The card for your son is absolutely fab! Perfect papers and stunning coloring. And I looove the sentiment you used inside! Have to write that down immediately.

Hugs, Anja