Thursday, August 8, 2013

Water, Water . . . Everywhere!!

Hello friends!! Guess what? It's Thursday already!! What?!! It's cool, though, because it's time for another super fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And this week, our sweet and talented DT sistah Tracy is hostess! And she's chosen a perfectly perfect Summer theme . . .

"Water, Water ... Everywhere!"

Sooooo . . . since I haven't been to the beach yet this Summer, I decided a beach scene would be fun. But I also wanted to make a birthday card for my sweet hubby . . . who sees himself as a bit of a pirate! Even the license plate on his car has PIR8 (a.k.a. Pirate) on it! Arrgghh! Hehe! Here's what I came up with . . .

I just realized . . . I'm in kind of a "guy" card mode lately!! I've had this little pirate image forever . . . and have just now colored him up!! But I love how this card turned out!! I merged several Mo Manning images. Here's a close-up . . .

OK . . . so . . . all of these digi images are available in Mo's online store! I used: "Captain Hugh" (available HERE), "Beach Elements" (available HERE), and "Pirate Stuff" (available HERE). Here's a side view . . .
 My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White paper
Whisper White & Real Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Land Ho Too" by Mary Fran for Nitwits
Corner die: Whimsy
Sand: Flower Soft
Jute, charm, eyelets, shells: My stash
Glossy Accents
Front sentiment: Lizzie Ann
Inside sentimentss: Hampton Art (happy b-day) & Whipper Snapper
Copic & Shin Han markers, and Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 

And, of course, the "artsy fartsy" angle . . .
Pretty clean and simple . . . except for the merging thing, that is, which is getting easier the more I do it!!  I hope my sweet hubby loves it! Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the fabulous "Water-themed" projects by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

Thanks so much for visiting! Hugs . . . until next time . . . .

15 comments:

catherine said...

This is just so fabulous Pat. Great scene and such fabulous colours
x catherine

Debbie said...

Super card Pat. I saw it earlier over at Dp2 and thought it was gorgeous. Debbiex

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Pat, I love the merging,so clever, and fantastic colouring..

luv CHRISSYxx

Boxofcolours said...

Ahoy there Pat
Yet another stunner my friend!
Hugs
Jane

Joey said...

Pat this is absolutely STUNNING! gorgeous colourwork. Joey x

Cathy said...

Pat, this is so beautifully colored as always an the inside is just as special. Always a special treat to see your creations gf. You inspire us all !!!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, love the scene you've made using all the images.
luv
Debby

Candy said...

Great card, Pat!! Sure wish I knew how to merge images - you've done a fantastic job.
Beautiful colouring as always.
Love the inside sentiments :o)
Big Hugs, Candy

Za ovinkom said...

I love how you merged several images. So adorable. Love your charm too. so many gorgeous details and your colouring is adorable! Hope you'll go to the beach soon. :)

Jasmina

nwilliams6 said...

The inside is just about as fabulous as the outside and the outside is pretty fabulous. Love, love, love this wonderful pirate card. Terrific coloring, design, and charm - super creation. Hugz!

Stacey Ezell said...

Your card is the cutest!! I bet your husband loved it. Beautiful coloring!

Kecia said...

Oh my goodness! I'm loving this! Your coloring is simply amazing on this, Pat!

Tracy said...

LOL The license plate too! My, my Miz. Pat, do you have your very own Jack Sparrow? hee hee The card is fantastic and you did such a wonderful job merging all those elements together. Hugs!

AnjaCardz said...

What a cool license plate! Wish we could have such creative combinations in Germany, too... *sigh*
And your "guy" card is absolutely stunning, hun! Love all your merging and that you really focused the design on that fantastic scene! Even the inside is gorgeous, esp. love the sentiment - so romanatic! ♥

Hugs, Anja

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!!
Wow. Another amazing card tons of inspiration.Happy birthday to your hubby! Love the license plate. Creativity all way baby!!!

Hugz
Kim