Thursday, August 22, 2013

We're celebrating "Birthdays" this week at Mo's!

Happy Thursday! And happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! hehe! It's time for another super fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And this week, our hostess is yours truly (ahem . . . meaning me)! And, since it's my birthday, I've chosen the theme . . .

"Happy Birthday!"
w/a Mo Manning image, of course!

Hehe! Talk about self-serving, huh?! Sometimes I just crack myself up!! And here's what I came up with for my birthday project . . . WARNING!!! It's kinda bright . . . so protect your retinas!!!
OK . . . here's the deal . . . I woke up yesterday thinking about this precious new Mo Manning image . . . and decided she'd be perfect for a "belated" birthday card!! Here's a close-up . . .
This little darlin' is called "Shucks"...and she's available HERE in Mo's online store. Which reminds me . . . if you haven't visited Mo's store lately, you are in for a super-de-duper treat! Mo has been busy creating all kinds of preciousness!! Winter images . . . Halloween images . . . summer images . . . and more, more, more! So, check 'em all out HERE!!

Here's a side-ish view . . .
Card Recipe:
Image printed on Cryogen metallic white cardstock
Crushed Curry cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Garden Variety & Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket
Corner die: Whimsy
Flower: Sweet William Strip by Cheery Lynn Designs
Inside sentiments: Sweet Stamps.Com
Front sentiment: Computer-generated
Brad, pearls, & twine: My stash 

A peek at the inside . . . 

And one more view...
Now . . . it's time for you to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the fabulous "Happy Birthday" projects created by my sweet and very talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting begin!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

I'm entering this bright and cheery card into...

Thanks so much for visiting! Hugs . . .

20 comments:

Dena said...

Pat!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!! Awe, I know 29 is a hard one isn't it?
Your coloring just ROCKS! Girl, I know I always tell you, but I so wish I could use marker like you. Gorgeous!
I agree Mo has drawn some adorable images lately, I just wish there were 48 hrs in a day to use them!!!
Hugs sweetie and have a beautiful day!!!!!!
Dena

Sassy Raggedy said...

Just adorable Mz. Pat...This is an awesome image and sooooo cute...Lovely yellows. Hugz, joann

Martinas Welt said...

Happy Birthday Pat!! Your card is marvellous!! Love this image and was already thinking about it and a card...;) I love all the new images in Mo's shop...great that I won a voucher =))))
Hugs,
Martina

Za ovinkom said...

Beautiful image and fabulous coloring!
Enjoy your day!
Jasmina

Mau xx said...

Happy Birthday Pat, Hope you have had a wonderful day and got spoilt plenty. So glad I am back just in time to wish you everything good lovely lady.
Gorgeous card, the colour is wonderful and goes with the yummy corns.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Chris said...

Hi Pat, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Cathy said...

Aw Shucks, hun, this is adorable, sorry, couldn't resist. LOL. This is beautiful and love that you are using yellow :) Beautiful as always!!! Happy Birthday to you GF!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, again a Happy Birthday! I just love this image and you did another beautiful card. The only way you would be late is because you are on vacation, hehe.

Only By His Grace said...

Happy Birthday Pat. Hope your day was extra special.
your card is adorable and so is your colouring. Not too bright for me.
Hugs Maz

Judy McMullen said...

Absolutely awesome card with that adorable Mo Manning image! Such a perfect belated birthday wishes sentiment and card!!

AnjaCardz said...

Hope you had a marvellous birthday, hun! Your card is so much fun to look at. Looooove your stunning coloring on this new cutie aand your combination with yellow papers is just perfect!

Hugs, Anja ❤

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous and adorable card.
luv
Debby

Tine Kristiansen said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Pat! Your card is so gorgeous! This new image is sooo adorable! LOVE your coloring..
I have not been any good to comment to you in DT .. I am ashamed of it .. But the time does not suffice with me .. Hope I am a bit forgiven for it .. I do write a little note on our facebook side...sometimes... ;) ....

Have a wonderful day :)

Hugs from Tine

Tracy said...

Leave it up to you to come up with this wonderful twist of a use for "Shucks" Pat. I think all the bright colors are lots of fun and your coloring is always a joy to behold. Hugs!

Franz♥ said...

Oh Pat! I adored this card at first sight!

You did a great job with Chelsea's sketch and your colouring is Amazing!

A big big hug, Franz.

ps: thanks for joining us at CLP :*

Ann English said...

Awh, Pat, she's darling!!! Love this card and those shoes...well, perfect!

Kecia said...

Oh my word, Pat! Your amazing coloring skills totally shine on this image. WOWZERS!

Kim Bell said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie
Your card is just stunning as always. I know you had a blast. Are you still celebrating?

Hugz
Kim

Niki Estes said...

This is so cute! Beautiful coloring and what a cute image.

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card, thanks so much for joining us at Crafting Life's Pieces.

Hugs Tanja