Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hehehehe!! Ahem . . . it's Tuesday . . . and it's time for another fabulous challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! This week's hostess is yours truly!! (As in . . . ME!!) And, because I'm having a birthday this week, I've chosen the theme . . .

"Happy Birthday!"

Hehehehe!! Hey . . . it's one way for me to get lots and lots of birthday cards!! I crack myself up! Seriously . . . brilliant idea, right? I sure think so! Ta-daaaaa . . . here's my birthday card . . . 
Whoop whoop whoop! It's Maddie! She's super adorable . . . don't you agree?! I decided to make a "Triangle Joy Fold" card. There's a cool tutorial by my friend Dena over at Lili of the Valley HERE.
Soooo . . . this darling image is called "Maddie's Birthday Surprise" and she is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's online store. Here's another side view . . . 
  My Card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Certainly Celery cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Nana's Nursery" by DCWV
Sentiments: Stamping Bella (front); LOTV (inside)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
MS lace punch
Ribbon & pearls: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

Here's a look at the inside . . . 
And, last but not least, a bit of an "artistic" angle . . .
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit! Now . . . please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a peek at what my talented DT sistahs have created this week for inspiration! Then I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge! Who knows? You may just be the winner of 2 free Sassy Cheryl digis!! Lots of luck!

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

I'm off to get some birthday cake! hehehe! See y'all soon!

16 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Your card is gorgeous pat
Have a very happy birthday
Hugs Kelly

Dawn said...

Snort!
That's one way to get lots of BIRTHDAY wishes!
I love this fold and Maddie is just darling....love the pink/green combo!
Hope your BIRTHDAY week is FABulous,Pat!!!!!!!!! hugs

Cynthia said...

Such a sweet card and a really fun fold. Thanks for including the tutorial link, Pat!

Za ovinkom said...

You know what Pat?!? I just like yours links to tutorial!!! I love the learn something new!!!
And I didn't know you're a Lion!!!! So, you're very smart girl!! You wish a lot of cards for birthday - so leave me address so I can send you. You know my email. :)
So I just came to see your card - it's gorgeous. Love color combo and sentiment and beautiful coloring. You rock Pat! Oh, I write a lot ... It's my day. :)
Jasmina

Claire said...

This is just fabulous Pat, great folding technique. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Pat a little early. Your card is just precious. Wonderful coloring and color choice as usual. Those flowers are gorgeous, and love the fancy folds.

Alyce said...

pat this is amazing! i really love the whole design and the beautiful colours :)

Franz♥ said...

HAAAAAPPYYYY BIRTHDAY hunny!

Fab card, love the original structure, and your colouring is amazing as always!

Hugs, Franz.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Happy Birthday to you Mz. Pat....Your card is just wonderful....Love the design and how cute this image turned out...Hope your week is a wonderful one...Hugz, joann

Mau xx said...

aww!! Pat this is adorable, isn't she the sweetest thing.
Love the fold and the pretty papers.
Hugs Mau xx

Linda Compton said...

So it be your Birthday. How wonderful to be Sweet 16! Did you make this card for yourself? It is definitely "Pat Worthy" Fab fold and stunning colors.

Cathy said...

You are brilliant my sweet Sassy Sistah, Happy 29th Birthday to you again!!! Love your card and of course your beautifully colored card is over the top gorgemous!!! Hope your day was everything you wanted and needed it to be GF!!! Hugs :)

nwilliams6 said...

Your card is so great. Love the shape, the colors, the papers, and your gorgeous coloring of this sweet image. Happy Birthday to you and your birthday card is wonderful. Hugz!

Pop's Cards said...

Good afternoon sweetie, this is just stunning, I just love your creation, thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time, hugs Pops x x x

Ann English said...

Totally awesome card design and totally gorgeous card!I love this triangle fold. Ill have to watch this tutorial!

Kecia said...

Loving the shades of pinks and greens on this special creation. All of the little details too are just perfect.