Monday, February 25, 2013

It's my Sugar Nellie Monday!!

Hello . . . and welcome once again to my little corner of Blogland!! It's Monday . . . and what's more, it's MY Monday! That's right . . . I have a fun new Sugar Nellie DT card to share with you all! But first I have to let you in on a little secret . . .Sugar Nellie has some new stamps coming out later this week! And the Sugar Nellie DT will be hosting a Blog Hop!! Check it out . . .  .

So, mark your calendars and set your alarm clocks for 11 a.m GMT (that's 6 a.m. EST)! You definitely won't want to miss out! We'll be having lots of fun . . . PLUS, there will be PRIZES!! I can't wait!!

Okey dokey . . .  back to my new Sugar Nellie DT project . . .
This fun and funky image is from the Leanne Ellis Collection of Sugar Nellie rubber stamps! This one's called "If Only" and is available HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a close-up . . .
Sooooo . . . rather than coloring this quirky image with my trusty Copic Sketch Markers, I decided to pull out my Tim Holtz Distress Inks! I've been having such fun playing with DIs after ignoring them for more than two years!! I certainly need lots of practice . . . but, I have to admit, I kinda like how this turned out! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto 140# Watercolor paper
Crumb Cake cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Vintage Summer Basics" from Maja Designs
Grand Labels 1 & Labels 1 dies: Spellbinders
Lace, charms, postage stamps, pearls, & lace flowers: My stash
Sentiment: Lockhart Stamp Company
Butterfly Border Die: Tim Holtz
Heart tag die: Magnolia
Seam binding: The Ribbon Girl
Decorative stamps (inside): LOTV
Colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink reinkers & pads

A peek at the inside . . .
And, last but not least . . .
I hope you enjoyed my little Sugar Nellie project! I really had fun with it! Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!

4 comments:

Christina C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Pat!
Trying to catch up....I've been offline due to computer issues!

Dena said...

How gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Oh Pat, I love Leanne Ellis stamps and this cute artsy image looks great with a bit of vintage style! Very cool! Your coloring is truly beautiful! Great work!!!
Hugs, Dena

Janie Printz said...

Doesn't matter what you color with it's "all good" !!! LOVE your wonderful shading on this image & beautiful decorated inside & out.
Hugs, Janie

Dianne said...

WOW I love how it turned out too, fabulous job Pat,all the embellishment , gorgeous inside and out, thanks so much for sharing..