Thursday, February 21, 2013

We're NOT being square at Mo's this week!

Hey there, m'darlings!! I told you I'd be back . . . and here I am . . . back! hehe!! Sooooo . . . it's Thursday once again and, as luck would have it, I have a new project for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!!  My sweet and oh so talented friend and Design Teamie, Kat, is our hostess with the mostess for this week's challenge . . .  and she's chosen the theme . . .

Anything BUT Square!

That's right . . . NO SQUARES!! Well . . . THIS isn't square!! hehehe!! What'cha think?


Yep . . . I decided to make a non-square candle this week! And when I saw this adorable new in Mo's store, I knew I just had to have it for an Easter candle!! This image is called "Easter Baby Girl - s" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. In addition to this straight-haired little darlin', Mo also has a curly-haired Easter girl as well as two Easter boys! Here's another angle . . .


Now, I must admit, I thought I was using dark enough colors . . . but, unfortunately, the blue sweater and pink bunny weren't quite dark enough. Ugh! But I still like the way it turned out. . . all very pastel, perfect for Spring (which I'm just sure is right around the corner!)!! Here's another view (I just love that flower!!) . . .


My Project "Recipe" . . .
Electric Candle from Michael's Craft Store
Plain white tissue paper
Copic Sketch Markers
Flower, lace, ribbon, & pearls: My stash

Here's a quick TUTORIAL in case you'd like to try making one of these . . . they really ARE very simple!!

A peek at the candle turned on (it has the most beautiful warm glow) . . .


And . . . a kind of "artsy" angle . . .


Fun, huh? OK . . .  now it's your turn . . . but before you get started, please head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by Kat and the rest of my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's easy and super fun. . . just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and start creating!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants! What an easy and fun way to get some new Mo images, right?!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!! Hugs . . . .

13 comments:

Emilie said...

Beautiful Candle! I have a question? How do you stamp a digi on tissue paper?

Janie Printz said...

AWESOME !!! I love it Miss Pat & what a much better idea to use the "electric" candles so you can actually use them ... I used a digi image on a candle yesterday but unfortunately mine can only be looked at but not used. Wouldn't want to start a fire now would I ?
This MO image is so darn cute & love how you embellished yours with the pearls & lace. BEUTFUL project & a keeper for sure.
Hugs, Janie

Heidi said...

Hi Pat, This is absolutely gorgeous! I have a question, I have stamped onto candles before no problem. The electric candle that you have used, is it wax on the outside if not how have you stuck your image on?

Heidi xx

purpleprincess2007 said...

Wow this is stunning, I think the colours are perfect, lovely and delicate - perfect for the image!
Hugs xx Cara xx

Debbie said...

GORGEOUS Ms. Pat!!! Had so much fun doing this together with you. Love the detail on it especially the pearls which really makes it stand out.

Hugs
Debbie

catherine said...

This looks so beautiful Pat and such a great idea too
x catherine

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat your candle is gorgeous and a very creative idea, but I don't think you could be a square anyway.

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS candle so brilliant thanks so much for sharing...

Cathy said...

Ms Pat: This is gorgeous, love the image and the wax always makes the colors more subdued. Are they actually wax on the outside with the candle bulb on the inside, I haven't seen those, I have only made the real candles before and I have actually burned them, The tissue is only a thin layer that is melted into the outside layer so not really a fire hazard.....Your ribbons, lace and pearls are gorgeous and I love your candle so I am going to have to make one now, I happen to have found some candles when i was cleaning :)

Franz♥ said...

Hi Pat! As i already told you my dear friend, this is an adorable, super sweet creation, totally love it!

A big hug, Franz.

Tracy said...

I still have not tried one of these. Guess I'm going to have to make an official bucket list so I can get it checked off. hee hee Just darling Pat and perfect for spring time. Hugs!

AnjaCardz said...

My dear Miz Pat, I love your easter candle! I really love how pastellic (does this word exist? lol)the colors turned out. As you already said, this is perfect for spring. And all your cute embellies make the masterpiece perfect. By the way, very clever to use an electric light - so your candle will last forever.
Big hug, Anja

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!!
Amazing, Stunning! Ok now? you know I had to go to Michaels to see this candle. I could not believe it is so dang cool. No I did not purchase it. I was a good girl for now. Love your inspiration. Sweetie

Hugz
Kim