Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Memories . . .

Hey there, sweet friends!! So . . . here's the thing . . . I've been taking a watercolor class . . . and have been loving playing with watercolors!! So, I decided the time was right for me to break out my Distress Inks and paint up some images for cards!! With lots of advice from my friend, Dena (check out her gorgeous work HERE . . . plus, Dena has some excellent tutorials on, among other things, Distress Inks) and a bit of experimenting with inks and papers, I came up with this little something . . .


Thanks for your help, Dena . . . you're a sweetheart! Now . . . I just love Lili of the Valley images . . . and I think their "vintage-ness" lends itself to Distress Inks!! I decided to use this absolutely adorable new LOTV image called "Anniversary Surprise" available HERE. I just love those sweet faces . . . and hats!! I'm pretty pleased with the results . . . I'm thinking I didn't do too badly for my first attempt at using DIs in more than 2 years!! Here's a close-up . . .


As I said, I was experimenting with watercolor papers . . . this paper is Arches Cold Press watercolor paper 140#. I think it's a little too textured for my taste . . . so next time I'll use the Hot Press paper, which is much smoother! Here's a side-ish view . . .

 My Card Recipe . . . 
Whisper White cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Vintage Summer Basics: by Maja Designs
All edges inked with Creamy Caramel ink: Stampin' Up
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads
Sentiment: Stampin' Up
Seam binding, brads, and other embellies: My stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts

A peek at the inside . . .

And last, but not least . . .

I've decided to enter this card into a couple of challenges . . . 

And that's it for me today . . . am off to do more coloring! Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! See you tomorrow with a new Mo Manning project! Hugs . . .


19 comments:

paola said...

WOWSER!!! i am blown away by your talent, you just get better and better no matter what you turn your hand to, you totally nailed this water coloring, YOU ROCK!!
smiles
Paola

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! la la... Pat just sooo precious and beautiful! I love watercolor also, love the tansparency and the warmth of this medium. Your coloring this lovely image is out of this world gorgeous. I do love the texture effect of that Arche paper, I find it gives dimention to the coloring. Your card is WONDERFUL!!!! Will you color Mo's images with inks tomorrow??? can't wait to see. Hugs.

Lisa S. said...

Ohhhhhh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do more of these !!
I am just starting to use DI's , and this is adorable !!
Tutorials for all !
LOL
:)

Dawny P said...

Pat this is fab chick. I'm just starting out on the DI road and I'm loving them as well. Hugs Dawny xx

AnjaCardz said...

Wow, Pat! Your first "try" on watercoloring is awesome. Can't imagine what you will come up with when you are exercised!

Big hug, Anja

Claire said...

WOW this is absolutely gorgeous - love the sweet image, fabulous colouring and the colours you have used are so lovely. Great card. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous hun....xx

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat and stunning colours
x catherine

Dena said...

Pat! You did an absolutely knock out job with your distress inks!!!! Talk about gorgeous coloring!!!!! Totally love this fab vintagey look you have going. Don't ya love that paper? It is one of my favorite pads. Darling little key and lock too! I'm so glad you had a fun time working with the distress inks! GORGEOUS work!
Hugs, Dena
P.S. I need to hear all the tips you got from your class haha!!!

xxcalamityxx said...

Oh my this is simply stunning, thank you so much for joining us at ATG for our vintage/shabby challenge xhugsx Nikki

Anita said...

Pat, this is absolutely gorgeous! Your painting is as beautiful as your copic coloring.

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Pat - This is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful! What a great job with the distress inks. WOW! Combined with the paper and embellishments you have a gorgeous card!
Blessings,
Michelle

Joann Burton said...

Your card is beautiful. I have not used the Distressed Inks yet but will have to try them. I love all the vintage embellies. joann sassy raggedy

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

CraftyNatalie said...

Beautiful, i love these new images.
Such a sweet card.
Natalie

Janie Printz said...

And just when I thought you couldn't get any better, you come up with a new technique ... GORGEOUS, love the vintage look & all those fab embellishments. You could be my tutor any time, you've sure got the talent at whatever you do !!! LOVE this sweet card !!!
Big hugs, Janie

Dianne said...

Pat these are colored well, outstanding love your work, thanks for sharing..

Molecraft said...

A beautiful card Pat, perfectly coloured!
Helen x

Kezzy said...

Wow stunning card the image is super cute and the card is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge Blog :-) Kezzy xx