Monday, February 11, 2013

Dare to be "Unique" . . .

Happy Monday, my sweet friends!! Did'ja have a great weekend? I sure hope you're keeping warm and dry! My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those folks in New England who have been hammered with cold and snow these past couple of days! Fortunately the weather missed us completely! It's been cool and clear here in Richmond, VA!! I swear, this may be the perfect climate . . . not too cold and not too hot . . . and snow only once or twice each year!! I'm so spoiled!! hehe!!

But, enough about the weather!! I have a new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you . . .
This fun and rather quirky image is from the Leanne Ellis Collection of Sugar Nellie rubber stamps! It's called "Be One Traveler" and is currently on order HERE at Funky Kits. Here's a close-up . . .
I just love Leanne Ellis stamps. They really are such fun to color!! Plus, all of the squiggly doodles around the image are already there!! (A good thing for me since, when I try to make squiggly doodle lines, they look like something I drew with my left foot! sigh! hehe!) Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image inked onto Cryogen Metallic White paper
Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, & Cherry Cobbler cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "From the Heart II" from Pion Designs
Lace & brads: My stash
Sentiment: Lockhart Stamp Company
Doily die: Cheery Lynn
Border die (inside): Magnolia
Seam binding (Cherry Cobbler): Stampin' Up
Colored with Copic Sketch markers & pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, finally . . .
So . . . what'cha think? Kinda funky and unique, right?! I hope you've enjoyed my little Sugar Nellie card! I really enjoyed making it! And thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Good Morning Pat (although it won't be by the time you read this!!)
What a lovely card. I have this image and agree it is very unique. All Leanne's images are gorgeous. I love the one with the girl in a boat and the poinsetta little lady too.
Your colours and papers are lovely. I like Stampin' up papers and use them alot, just waiting for some to come, but not sure what they are called.
Take care.
Debbiex

Oak Pond Creations said...

Pat, this is stunning. I love this image and the color you've applied is gorgeous. Nice paper and layout choices. Happy Monday and happy crafting <3-Kim

Boxofcolours said...

Hi there Pat, it keeps trying to snow here in my part of the UK, but it isn't settling.
I absolutely adore your card layout, both inside and out!
Hugs
Jane

Christine L said...

Hi..

I've just spotted your fab creation on the SN blog... just wanted to let you know how gorgeous it is... think I may have to treat myself to that Leanne Ellis image when it's back in stock!

Hugs
Christine x

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat. A great image and layout.
x catherine

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
What a beautiful card. Very feminine and full of love is what I think! I adore Leanne's stamps and have quite a few, but missed this one. It is wonderful with the decorated corners.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Dianne said...

I love this card, again your coloring is awesome, thanks for sharing..

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfect for a valentine. And your design is elegant and chic. Love it! Hugs, Lesley