Thursday, November 29, 2012

My "fave" color combo . . . for today!!

Hey there, sweet friends!! Just popping in to let'cha know that there's another fun challenge happening over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's theme is to make something using your . . .

"Favorite Color Combination"
 
Here's what I came up with . . .
OK . . . so, here's the deal . . . my fave color combo changes almost weekly! hehe! This week it's RED and AQUA! I think they're absolutely delicious together . . . especially with these fun DPs from October Afternoon!
This cutie patootie is called "I dunno (redux)" and I think it's the perfect Christmas card image!! You can find this sweetheart HERE in Mo Manning's online store. I decided to make a "criss cross" card since I hadn't made one of these in quite some time. I'd forgotten how much fun they are to make . . . and super duper easy!
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Very Vanilla and Real Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Holiday Style" by October Afternoon
Oval & Scalloped Oval dies: Spellbinders
Lacy edge border: Magnolia
Sentiment Tag stamp: LOTV
Flowers and holly leaves: Wild Orchid Crafts
Glossy Accents on Bella's boots
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside card . . .
And, last but not least . . .
So, there ya have it! One more Christmas card to add to my stack! Someone extra special will be getting this one . . . 'cuz it's an extra special little "work of art." Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my lovely and talented DT sisters! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).
 
I've decided to enter this card into the following challenge:

And that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, thanks for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!
 

17 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the image and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Alyce said...

adorable pat!! love those vibrant reds and the image is adorable. Cute note inside too! :)

Christina C. said...

GORGEOUS, as always, Pat! Adore this fabulous criss cross card and the image is just adorable, colored to perfection! I also love this wonderful color combination, but it's not easy to find the papers!
It's always a distinct pleasure visiting your wonderful blog.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Pat,I love the colour combo and wonderful image,gorgeous..fabulous design and colouring too..

luv CHRISSYxx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the pocket insert. I definitely know you have some explaining to do to Santa. LOL
~jeni :)

Tracy said...

I think OA bought stock in those two ink colors cause they sure do use them a lot in their papers. Wonderful choice Pat. The criss cross cards ARE always fun and they look amazing too. Incredible example of your coloring skills lady. Hugs!

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, your card is gorgeous as usual. I love this color combo as well. You are so good at coloring Mo's images.

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
You are right, this one is extra special!
Great fun paper. Love the colours.
This sweet image works wonderfully for Christmas.
She is beautifully coloured as always :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Squirrel x said...

Great colour choice Pat! Absolutely adore this, it's stunning, and I love Mo's images. Simply brilliant sweetie, and her shiny boots are awesome! Hugs Sxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and so cute, fabulous colours too.
luv
Debby

Franz♥ said...

Oh Pat! I love your fave combo and this adorable Mo's image is one of those i love the most!

You've coloured her so beautifully and i adore her boots with Glossy Accent, perfect detail!

Hugs, Franz.

Joann Burton said...

Lovely Card Pat...Just wonderful. joann sassy raggedy

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Pat, gorgeous colour combo and just a beautiful criss cross card.I thank you for your comments and now have joined your blog as a new member...luv annie.



http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Pat. I love the colouring of the image and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Diane said...

Your cards are so fantastic. I love every one of them. I know I'm making better cards than when I first started, but if I can make cards like yours, that would be great. I really appreciate that you show the inside of the card also.

AnjaCardz said...

Wow Pat, your fave color combo is so vibrant - absolutely love this! Your papers are so yummy and you colored this cute, cute image so amazing! Delightful work, hun!

Big hugs from snowy Germany,
Anja

Iulia said...

Gorgeous color combo! You did a great job cutting out all those patterns and they work so beautifully together! Love the design of this card and this cute image! Mo has too many gorgeous images; I think we will never have enough time to showcase them all in a lifetime...lol!
Beautifully done, as usual, my sweet friend!
I'd better run and finish those 5 more cards I have in mind! You should see my craft room- it's a war zone...lol
Have a wonderful weekend hunnie!
Hugs, Iulia