Monday, November 19, 2012

"Angels we have heard on high" . . . la la la . . .

Hello my sweet sugarplums!! As I write this post, I am listening to Christmas music! Yep . . . definitely getting into the Christmas/Winter Holiday spirit early this year! Maybe because Thanksgiving here in the U.S.A. is so early! Whatever the reason, I've been jammin' to Christmas tunes all weekend!! hehe!! Today I have another fun new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you . . . and, as luck would have it, this one's a Christmas Card!!
This cutie is "Rosie"  . . . and she's from the "Fairy Glen" collection of Sugar Nellie stamps. This stamp isn't specifically a Christmas stamp . . . it can be used for just about ANY occasion . . . but I think it works splendidly for a Christmas card, don't you agree?  You can find "Rosie" HERE at Funky Kits.
 
Oh, oh, oh . . . that reminds me . . . In addition to purchasing Sugar Nellie stamps at Funky Kits in Scotland, there's a new Sugar Nellie online store based in the U.S.A. Check it out HERE. Okey dokey . . . back to my little "masterpiece" . . . here's an extreme "close-up" . . .
Isn't Rosie just as cute as can be? And what a DREAM to color! Here's a sort of "side" view . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Cranberrey Crisp & CrumbCake cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs - "Lost & Found Christmas" by My Mind's Eye
Clock die: Tim Holtz
Interior stamps: Crafty Impressions
Gold filigree corner: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls & pointsettia: My stash
Stardust Stickles
Copics & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . . which includes a pocket for a gift card (requested by my sister) . . .
And, last but not least . . .
So . . . ho, ho, ho . . . one more Sugar Nellie Christmas Card to add to my ever-growing pile of Christmas cards!! Ohhhhhh . . . I almost forgot . . . I've decided to enter my card into this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge where Maria Therese has created a fabulous sketch. There's also an optional theme of "Sparkle & Shine" . . . and I am guessing Mikimoto Pearls qualify, right? hehe! If not . . . then the 14 carat gold corner should count!!? Oh, alright . . . what about the Stckles? They sparkle and shine!!
 
OK . . . enough silliness!! Thanks so much for stopping by!! I love having you visit!! Hugs!! And, for those of you in America celebrating Thanksgiving this week . . . "Happy Turkey Day!" 
 

10 comments:

Boxofcolours said...

Christmas tunes in November, girl, you're keen!!
Love your card as always my friend.
Hugs
Jane

Caroline said...

Beautiful card I adore that image and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Christina C. said...

I so looooooove angels on Christmas cards and yours is absolutely downright precious! Stunning design and I love the gold stickles on the poinsettia!

Mau xx said...

Hi My Lovely friend, sorry I have been missing due to a health issue. I sure have missed your humour and chat. You are certainly a tonic I need :)
Love the card and those 14carat corners are beautiful! I think you may be telling porkies about the Mikimoto pearls though...are you sure they are real!!!!!
Huge Hugs, missed you xx Mau

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, your card is gorgeous. Love all the gold and glitter accents - you did follow the sparkle and shine. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Pat, love the wonderful layout and inside of your card. The main image is just fabulous! Nicola x

Monique said...

What a gorgeous card Pat !! I love it :)). I too am listening to christmas music. At work we have it on for a couple of weeks already (I work at a garden center which is decorated in Christmas for a while now). So this week I decided to get my own Christmas music on at home. Wow. I've never done that this early, haha.

Hugs Monique

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat and lovely image. So well finished on the inside too
x catherine

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
You are right, this sweet image is wonderful for Christmas.
Beautiful card. I love your striped paper. The gold on it is a real treat.
Big hugs, Candy

Louise said...

Beautiful card I love the colours,thanks for joining us at The sugar bowl.
Louise xx