Thursday, November 15, 2012

Let's "Chill" at Mo's . . . Brrrrrrr!

Hello there, my sweet friends!! Can you believe . . . I saw SNOW FLURRIES when I was in Arizona?! It's true! My eldest son was married last Saturday in Sedona, AZ (it's sort of in the mountains) and we had snow flurries!! The grandkids had never seen snow FALL from the sky! And, let me say, they were delighted!! So . . . I decided it might be fun to use one of Mo's new winter images for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog where the theme is . . .
"Let's Chill"
And here's what I came up with . . .
This cutie is called "Taste of Winter" and can be found HERE in Mo Manning's online store. I decided to make a combination card/tag/ornament!! Here's a close-up . . .
My "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Baja Breeze and Blushing Bride cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Winterland" by FancyPants
Round and snowflake dies: Spellbinders
Glossy Accents (boots and star on hat)
Frosted Lace Stickles
Coarse Glitter: Martha Stewart
Snow: Flower Soft
Fur on jacket: Liquid Applique
Sentiment stamp: stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, finally . . .
So, there ya go . . . my interpretation of this week's "Let's Chill" challenge theme! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my lovely and talented DT sisters! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, for your kind comments! Hugs . . . until next time!
 

19 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous the image is coloured beautifully and I love the shape. Caroline xxx

Debbie said...

Miss Pat!!! There you go again, making the most adorable card out there in blog land. I remember catching those snowflakes just like that as a kid. What memories. Glad the grandkids finally saw them too!!! I see all you wonderful creations, and can't wait to home to Rockaway to begin my card making again. Unfortunately it is still a war zone :(

Hugs
Debbie

Danielle said...

Pat, this is soooo pretty!I love the sweet image, it is so magnificiently showcased! I would hang it my window! just sooo lovely! Have a beautiful day... PS: in Montreal we had snowflake last week, now it is just too warm, but in a few weeks the white stuff will be falling on us.

Vicky said...

Adorable Pat...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Christina C. said...

How absolutely stunning, Pat! WOW, WOW, WOW.....a most extraordinary ornament...truly phenomenal!
You are so talented and I love visiting and viewing your amazing works of art!

Molecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat, love it!
Helen x

Paper Profusion said...

Super cute card Pat! I was in Sedona some years back and it was hot! We were told Walt Disney had lived there longterm and designed the features of some of his famous characters from shapes he saw in the mountainside. Beauiful spot! Nicola x

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this is so adorable! I love the idea that it can be saved and hung on the tree year after year!

Therese said...

Very cute! :)

Tracy said...

Got this image in my stash and I can't wait to color it up. :-) I love how you used the snowflake die cut with the circle. It adds so much character to your card. Glad you enjoyed your time with the kiddies. Congrats to your son. :-) Hugs!

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
Wonderful idea!
Beautiful work!
What a great experience for your grandchildren to see snow falling.
Hope the Wedding was fun.
Love, Candy

Squirrel x said...

Oh Pat, how wonderful! Your work is always so darned gorgeous girl, loving this little cutie, and your colours are simply delicious. Brilliant my friend. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Pat - This is adorable! I have not seen this image yet, but I may have to use the credit I won a couple weeks ago for this cutie! Lovely ornament/card/tag you made this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Franz♥ said...

Oh Pat! I didn't understand you went to Arizona for such a special occasion! My best wishes hun! I hope you've had a good time and... wow! I love snow, it makes every scenery so special!

...and your card is as special as a snowflake! What gorgeous and original wintery card, sweetie!

Hugs, Franz!

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, Love the creation! the colours are beautiful and love the sparkle.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Kim Bell said...

Pat
Just stunning as always just love it. Love what you did with the snow flakes. Very cool.

Hugz
Kim

Tine Kristiansen said...

Ooh.. Pat!! This is just stunning!! Love the colors and your coloring!! :) Love the snow flakes!!!

Hugs, Tine

AnjaCardz said...

Look at this wonderful shape! And this awesome coloring. And all this sparkling glitter. I just love everything about it!

Huggies, Anja

Elaine said...

Oh I saw this one last week but had to stop and comment this time. I LOVE THIS its so pretty Hugs Elaine