Thursday, November 22, 2012

Don't be SQUARE!!

Hello there, my darlins!! Can you believe . . . it's almost December! Aaack! Where has the year gone? I have to tell ya, I've been listening to Christmas songs in my studio for the past several days . . . getting into the "holiday spirit"!! So . . . in keeping with that theme (holiday), I decided to make another Christmas card for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog where the actual challenge "theme" is . . .

"Don't be Square"
(That's right . . . NO SQUARE PROJECTS!) 

And here's what I came up with . . .
This little sweetheart is called "Christmas Lhasa Apso" and can be found HERE in Mo Manning's OLD online store. I made this card for my sister, Dee. Her "baby" is a Lhasa Apso named Maggie Mae. So she wanted a card to give to her MIL with "Maggie" on the front!
I thought it would be fun to make a "shaped" easel card . . . they're always fun to receive too!! Here's another angle . . .
My "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "December 25th" by Kaisercraft
Edges inked with Creamy Caramel (SU)
"Holly Motifs" Shapeabilities dies: Spellbinders
"Festive Greenery" dies (for holly leaves): Tim Holtz
Gold Stickles
Fur on hat: Liquid Applique
Christmas background stamp: Memory Box
Sentiment Tag stamps: LOTV
Small "Merry Christmas" stamp: SU
Raffia,bells, gold pearls: my stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the back . . .
And, the ever-popular "artsy" angle . . . 
So, there ya go . . . my interpretation of this week's "Don't be SQUARE" challenge theme! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my lovely and talented DT sisters! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, thanks for your kind comments! Hugs . . . until next time!
 

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love the shape of the card and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

chrissy xx said...

Super Super Cute!
FABulous image.. FABulous papers..
FABulous design..
FABulous colours...
I LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Boxofcolours said...

Another amazing creation my friend - oh and before I forget Happy Thanksgiving wishes from across the pond!
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

This is PRICELESS, Pat....love, love this cute little doggie, colored and showcased to perfection!!!!!
Beautiful easel card....love all the different shapes!
Happy Thanksgiving, Pat!

AnjaCardz said...

From tip to toe, from the front to the back simply stunning, hun! You colored this cutie so beautifully and as always the papers and embellies are a perfect match.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday!

Big hug, Anja

Elaine said...

Oh Pat this is my favourite of today , My mum has a shitzui called Molly that looks just like this little doggy and You have given me some ideas of a card for Molly ( mum likes me to fuss over Molly it makes her smile)
I think this is stunning well done I am just catching up on the cards I have missed wow amazing work( as always ) hugs Elaine

Theresa6453 said...

I love all of your creations. Could you please tell me what die you used for the base of your card? Maybe it is listed, but I cannot find it. Thanks!

Ellen Bornstein said...

Pat, what a lovely card. How did you assemble this, it looks very complicated?.
Best,
Ellen

Debbie said...

Front, Back, Sideways, This is just GORGEOUS!!! OMG!! I miss my card making...Can't wait to go home and get my hands busy again after seeing your beautiful work. You are the bomb girlfriend!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, Lovely to see you smiling at me when I logged on. THanks for good wishes xx
Love the card, what a great shape and design. What a great image too.
I have to agree the year has flown by but can't wait to get my Tree up :)
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Franz♥ said...

Toooo cute Pat! I love your care of details, your cards are always special and this dog has a so funny expression!

Love the Christmas look of your blog ;)

Hugs, Franz.