Thursday, November 8, 2012

"C" is for Christmas...and cold...and cute!

Hey there, my lovelies! As you read this I'll be in sunny Phoenix, AZ hanging out with my three sweet kids (my daughter turns 40 today! Yikes...she's OLD! LOL!!) and our 6 - that's right SIX - adorable grandkiddos!! Including little Isla Bleu, who was born in June and hasn't yet met the "grazy gramma" (yep, that's me, "crazy gramma"! Go figure! hehe!) So I'm hoping that Mr. Blogger gets this post out on time without any glitches!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Now . . . since today is Thursday, that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's challenge is another "alphabet" themed challenge . . .
"C is for . . ." 
(so I chose Christmas, cold, and cute!)
And here's what I came up with . . .
This sweetheart is called "Ragged Angel" and is available HERE in Mo Manning's online store. Here's a peek at the little tag . . . 
This card is part of a commissioned order, so if it looks a bit familiar, that's because I made a very similar looking card last year right about this time! Here's a side view . . .
And another . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Bordering Blue cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "A Country Christmas" by Paper Studio
Tag & envelope: Melissa Frances
Raffia, charm, & pearls: My stash
Flowers, corners, & wooden reindeer: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tree die: Marianne's Creatables
"Loopy" looking circle die: Memory Box
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, last but not least . . .
And that's it for me!! I'm off to play with the grands!! Oh . . . please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my lovely and talented DT sisters! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Hugs . . . until next time!
 

12 comments:

Caroline said...

This is so beautiful I love the image. Caroline xxx

Boxofcolours said...

Heavens to Betsy, yet another awesome creation!
Hugs
Jane

Christina C. said...

OMG, Pat.....this is an incredible work of art!!! Love the image, colored magnificently! Adore all the fabulous elements on this beauty. The inside is just as stunning as the outside......breathtaking!!!!!

Danielle said...

Wonderful... Ragged Angel is one of my Mo's favourite image, you colored her wonderfully, showcased her adorably. I love all elements, the pretty tag, the little deer, lovely diecut. The inside is just as pretty and so well executed. Fabulous. Hugs.

Candy said...

Pat,
You really nailed the " COLD, CUTE & CHRISTMAS ".
I have always loved this image of Mo's.
Wonderful work, beautiful colouring, decorated to perfection.
The person you have made it for will love it!
Love, Candy ❤

Tracy said...

sigh.....so gorgeous. This is one of Mo's prettiest images and you've dressed her up quite beautifully. Love the tag pocket. Hope your having a blast with those rug rats grammy. :-) Hugs!

Debbie said...

Holy Toledo Batman there you go again, making the most beautiful card on the east coast.. This is just so over the top drop dead GORGEOUS!!!! Every detail is just perfectly placed my sweet southern bell.

Hugs
Debbie

Elaine L. said...

I'm always amazed at how much you put into the insides of your card! Beautifully colored image, too!

Franz♥ said...

Hiya hun! Omg, this card is so rich and perfect in any detail! Love the image so much (sure i'll make a card with this cute girl soon... :) Love the pocket with the little tag and that die cut behind the image is so precious!

I hope you're having a lovely time, a big hug, Franz.

Kim Bell said...

Hi, Pat
Wow!! Love the card!!! It is just perfect as usual. Love the tag. I hope you are having a FAB time.

Hugz
Kim

AnjaCardz said...

Oh wow! I am always completely astonished about all those wonderfull embellies you arrange on your cards! I admire your love for and sense of details. Not to mention your fab coloring... ;-)

I absolutely love it, hun!

Big hug, Anja

AnjaCardz said...

PS: You have my permission to "steal" everything from me! Would be a honor... ;-)