Monday, November 5, 2012

Dear Santa . . . I really CAN explain!

Hehehe!! I just love that, don't you? It seems as though I spent my childhood "explaining" to "Santa"!! OK . . . so here I am, jumping in to full Christmas mode!! And today I have a fun new Sugar Nellie DT project to share with you! And finally . . . THIS one actually IS a Christmas Card!!
This cutie patootie is a Suzanne Woolcott stamp from 2009 called "Little Miss Attitude." This isn't exactly a Christmas stamp . . . but with this sentiment, I think it totally works!! hehe! And, OH NO! I just checked and, while this stamp can normally be found HERE at Funky Kits, it's currently out of stock. (Imagine my sad face here!) No worries, though, there are plenty of fabulous rubber stamps and digi images to choose from while you're waiting for "Little Miss Attitude" to get re-stocked!! Here's a sort of "side" view . . .
I just noticed . . . those little heart hair "bobs" look a bit like DEVIL HORNS! LOL! That totally cracks me up . . . I guess I should have colored them BLUE instead of red! hehehe!
My card "recipe" . . .
Real Red cardstock & ribbon: Stampin' up
Nitwit Digi DPs - ""Twas the Night - Too" by Mary Fran
Classic Corner die: Susana's Custom Art & design
Stamps: (front) my stash; (inside) Stampin' Up
Lattice punch (inside): Martha Stewart
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Rhinestones, safety pin, & charm: My stash
Stardust Stickles
Copics & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And, of course . . . 
And, there ya have it . . . a cute (if I do say so myself) and rather non-traditional Sugar Nellie Christmas Card! As always, thanks so much for stopping by!! Hugs . . .
 

17 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image which you have coloured so beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love that sentiment too, very clever. Great colours and love the charm.
Teresa xx

Boxofcolours said...

So Santa does not need to ask you "if you've been naughty or nice!" he knows already tee hee hee!!
Fab card Pat.
Hugs
Jane

Martinas Welt said...

Totally cute with your little Gorjuss Girl! I heard they will not be sold anymore...which would be really sad, as I love them a lot!! But I bought myself some...or more ..;)..teehee lately, when I heard the rumours....
I love the blue colour combined with red and green!!! Looks so fresh and beautiful!
Martina

Pink Dandelion said...

Fabulous card, love the bright colours and the sentiment is fantastic. Debs xx

Molecraft said...

Just fabulous Pat, love her!
Helen x

Elaine said...

Simply fabulous Mrs Sugarbuns (and the card ain't bad either!)

I love this stamp and used it last year to make my Dads Fathers day card, and the cheeky man said it did remind him of me when I was younger (a lot younger!)

Perfect sentiment...I'm quite sure you STILL have a lot of explaining to do!

Big hugs from me
Elaine xxx
(and I'll put in a good for you next time I speak to Santa)

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
You have used one of my favourite images on your card!!
I get such a kick out of her.
She certainly works for Chritmas, especially with your sentiment! LOL
Beautiful work ❤
Your NitWit papers printed wonderfully. I hope mine will to now that I have bought a new printer 😊
Love, Candy

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful, cute card.
luv
Debby

Ann Marie Governale said...

Adorable card, Pat and the sentiment and little "devil horns" work perfectly together! xxx Ann Marie

Debbie said...

Ms. Pat I just love this little cutie Patootie. She is adorable. Love those Christmas papers as well, and all your embellies are perfectly placed.

Hugs
Debbie

catherine said...

This is a fantastic card Pat and great image. love the layout and the inside too
x catherine

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great card - inside and out! I love the colors and she is a little sweetie! I love your posts - they always make me smile! We had SNOW her in this part of WI today - I am so NOT ready for this! Wishing you a great day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Wishcraft said...

Totally fabulous card Pat! One of my fave images and I just love how you've used her for a Christmas card. Gorgeous colours and details too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Joann Burton said...

Beautiful card...I love the colors...joann sassy raggedy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Pat!
ha!! this is so funny. It reminds me of me when I was that age.
Lovely layout and colouring.
Hugs Maz

Paper Profusion said...

Hi Pat - fabulous card. Brilliant image and colouring. Love all the little details. Nicola x