Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We're doin' "Pastel" at Sassy Cheryl's!

Hey there my sweet friends!! Welcome to the shortest post in the history of blogdom! Well, maybe not the shortest EVER . . . but certainly the shortest I've even done!! Why? you ask . . . well, it's very simple, really. As you are reading this post, I will be jetting my way across the U.S. to Phoenix, Arizona . . . home of the Phoenix Sun's (basketball), Diamondbacks (baseball), and Cardinals (football)! Also home to our five adorable grandkiddos! Whoohoo!! I can't wait to corrupt them . . . er, I mean "spoil" them! Hehehe!


So let's get right to this week's challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our lovely and talented Miz Judy is our hostess again this week . . . and she'd like us all to create something using . . .   

Pastel Colors!

Ruh roh! My mind is already on vacation, me thinks! 'Cuz the papers I chose aren't particularly pastel . . . but my coloring is pastel-ish . . . kinda! hehehe! So here's my "sassy" DT card for this week . . .


This card features Sassy Sally and her Raggedy Ann, one of Sassy Cheryl 's newest images! I can't tell you how delighted I was when I saw this new digi! You see . . . when I was a little girl, Raggedy Ann was my very, verrrrrrrry best friend! She and I went everywhere together! We even went on our first sleep-over together . . . at Suzie Routsens' house (I think I was maybe 5 or 6 years old . . . YIKES!) Now we won't even get into how crazy my parents must've been to let me sleep over at a friend's house when I was so young!! But it is a little NUTS, don'tcha think? Anyway . . . sadly, Raggedy Ann's arm got stuck in my friend's bed and got accidentally amputated! aacckkk!! I cried and cried until my dad walked up the street and retrieved me! (It's true . . . I didn't even make it through the night!)  Fortunately, my mother was a nurse (seriously, she was) so she re-attached Raggedy Ann's arm . . . and made her good as new! Phewww . . . it was years before I did a sleep-over again, let me tell you!

My card "recipe" . . .
Very Vanilla & Garden Green: Stampin' Up
DPs: October Afternoon
Sentiment: Stampabilities
Twine: My stash
Dies: Spellbinders
Scalloped edge punch: Martha Stewart
Copics & Prismaolor pencils

Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Judy and the rest of  my clever DT sistahs have created for this week's challenge! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Judy's "Pastel" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

See? What did I tell ya? Short post! Well, short for me, that is! hehe! Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, thanks boatloads for your sweet comments!! Have a great week! Mwahhhh!!

25 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! Pat..I can so relate to your dolls injury, my rabbits ear fell off at the beach and we never found it...haunts me you know!!..lol..gorgeous card, love the sweet image and great colouring, have a lovely time with the G/kids...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tammy Ortiz said...

Hi Pat,
this is so cute. I love the coloring and this image is fantastic.
hugs

Mau xx said...

SHORT!!! PASTEL!!!!
I don't think those words are in your Vocab Pat ....lol
Love the card though the image and papers are Brill and the sentiment is perfectly true. xx
Sounds like you had a traumatic childhood Pat, well Raggedy Ann did anyway!
Hugs Mauxx Enjoy your precious time with those grandchildren xx

Salma said...

It`s so cute card!

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful as always pat and I love your pastel coloured image x

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is fantastic gosh your attention to detail is amazing love that image,and the wonderful,colours hugs Cherylxxxx

Deeeeeeee said...

Awwww - she is darling ...sad story about your dolly ... between that and Tim snapping off your Barbie's head...no wonder you turned out the way you did...have fun on your getaway sissy - will talk soon. Luv Ya ! :)


Save some energy for Vegas !

Dawn said...

totally adorable!!
have fun CORRUPTING the grandkids!!
too funny about your sleepover, glad the surgery went well!

Linda said...

This is just so beautiful.. As always very lovely work.. love it!! Hugs, Linda

Wendy - AKA Mrs. B said...

Sweet Card, Pat... and "sew" nice of mom to use her skills to put your dolly back together - great memory - thanks for sharing! Your coloring is awesome, the image darling and the design and sentiment perfect! wendy xx
p.s. I'm having a party - take a minute to join me :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, hope you have a wonderful time spoiling those grandkids! Your card is super adorable, but hardly pastel hehe. Love the way your paper matches your image!

Dorcas said...

LOL, its so funny reading your post and all the comments! Poor Raggedy. But she IS supposed to be ,well, dare I say, REGGED-y? lol My sister used to "kill off" my barbies when we were playing (she hated barbies) so that the game would end. You kinda like that evil kid on Toy Story. LOL
Well your coloring is rather pastel, I agree. The card, well, maybe not so pastelly, but with the sentiment like the one you chose should get you out of any hot water. :)

jkreucher said...

Hey! no worries, the sky is pastel:):) hee hee, just had to!!
your coloring always blows me away!
lovin every amazing detail!
hugs to ya!
Judy

Barb Hardeman said...

when I was a little girl, dolls were my life - so I can relate to how precious that Raggedy Ann was! And, wow, but you've colored her perfectly and your image is adorable and I love the dp's and what a sweet card and....well you did a super duper job...hugs...Barb <><

Joann Burton said...

Hey there Miss Pat, I knew you were going to use it...lol My goodness you have done a wonderful job with it. Isn't she just adorable. My first doll also was a Raggedy Ann and when I lived in Denver my Boutique there was called "Ragg-a-Muffins" and I had all sorts of Raggedy Ann's in my shop. Handmade of course. I just love it and hope you won't mind that I use the image also in the challenge. Love, Love, Love it...and have a wonderful time. joann sassy raggedy

Catherine said...

Wow!! Love this, your colouring is amazing....

Deeeee said...

Ahem....she had all the good dolls. She had many Barbies and I all I got was her psycho little sister, Skipper and she didn't even have boobs.

Candy said...

Great card, Pat!!
Poor little you and your raggedy Ann. Wasn't your mom great to repair her for you.
Have a great time with your Grandchildren!
Hugs, Candy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super sweet card, Pat. Love your little feature panel. Super colouring! Hugs,Lesley

Ann Marie Governale said...

Love this card and the image is just great. I love how you incorporated the circles with images that mesh with good ole Raggedy Ann! The sentiment is just perfect!

Joey said...

Pat this is beautiful, I LOVE your colouring! Hope you and your grandkiddos dont get into too much trouble with your corruption hahaha. Joey x

Sheri said...

Oh my gosh!!! How cute!! Love your coloring on this Pat!!
I'm so sorry to hear about poor Raggedy Ann!!Enjoy corrupting/spoiling the grandkids! :)

Michelle said...

Pat,
Love this image (I'm gonna get her for myself today!) and I love your "pastel" coloring :) hehe This is a great card! Have a wonderful time with your grandkids!
Blessings,
Michelle

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Pat!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, Scooby. . .it may be short, but it certainly is sweet. You rock! It's super-d-dooper adorable.