Monday, April 9, 2012

Sympathy . . .

Hello my sweet friends. Sympathy cards are never easy to create . . . at least they're not easy for me. A couple of week's ago, a close friend of ours lost his father. I've been thinking about making a sympathy card, but just struggled and struggled. But, then, the inspiration came and here it is . . . today's Sugar Nellie DT card!


This sweet little Sugar Nellie image is "Dreamer" from the very talented artist, Leanne Ellis. You can find her HERE at Funky Kits.


I decided to do a monochromatic card, with just a pop of red . . . red and black and white just seem so elegant, don't you think?


My card "recipe" . . . 
Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Enchanted" by Bo Bunny
Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs
Scroll "doohickey" die: Magnolia
Sentiments: Love & Sympathy by Stampin' Up
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

. . . a peek at the inside. . .


. . . and a close-up of the sentiment . . .


And finally . . .


I've decided to enter this beauty into this fortnight's Wild Orchid's Challenge #46 . . . 
"Things with Wings" . . . 


And that's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! Have a great week! Hugs . . . until next time! 

20 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow Pat Hun,this is just perfect for a sympathy card oh Hun its just brilliant and know it will be appreciated so so much,wonderful and so well thought out too Hun,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Loopylou. said...

hiyah Pat!
this is just so gorgeous hun and a beautiful sympathy card.
hugs Lou xxx

paola said...

oh my word! i am just lost for words at your ability to create such a stunner, this image woulda had me stumped.
smiles
Paola

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love the black and red and so elegant as well...

angelwhispers said...

I know what you mean but wow you have this spot on how elegant and such a superb image she looks amazing in your monochrome colours with just the spot of red!!! Amazing Love Chanelle xxxx

Danielle said...

I agree with you, sympathy is not an easy feeling to express on a card. I think you did something magic here. Love those shades of black and grey, the added touch of red with the flowers, and this MAGNIFIQUE image. the inside is just as fabulous. so very elegant. that paper is absolutely SUPERBE...
Have a beautiful day. Pat.

amanda stokes said...

Hi Pat,
Such a beautiful card :) x

Alyce said...

I love the funky image Pat. Beautiful colouring and awesome layout :)

Debbie said...

I've never been able to do a sympathy card, just can't bring myself to do one. But this one is stunning.

Hugs
Debbie

Barb Hardeman said...

You did an awesome job on this card Pat. I would have been completely lost trying to use this image, but you've worked it beautifully in the choice of monotones. The pop of red is always elegant! Yes, I hate doing sympathy cards also! Never an easy thing! Hugs...Barb <><

Joann Burton said...

A wonderful sympathy card. I love the image and using the monochromatic colors was the perfect choice. Very nice my friend. joann sassy raggedy

Sheri said...

How elegant!! Still missing you!! :)

Kelly Neis said...

You made a very tasteful Sympathy card, you are right, they are hard to make. Too many sad feelings go into them and you want to send the right message at the sensitive time. We had 4 funerals with in 3 months in my hubbys family. I do love your card. It is a beauty.

Mau xx said...

what an amazing sympathy card Pat, a real stroke of inspiration my friend. It is so different but beautiful!
Love the sentiment too. xx
Hugs Mau xx
ps Back to work on my spotty card...lol
now what would that be for i wonder

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning, I love the layout you have used, fabulous creation huggles Pops x x x

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a lovely make, Pat! I think its a perfect sympathy card! Beautiful papers and wonderful colouring and layout. Your pop of red is delightful and your sentiment lovely. I'm sure it will be very much appreciated by the recipient! Hugs, Lesley

cathylynn said...

You did a beautiful job on this card! I love the colors and your attention to detail is superb!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

prismsurfaceltd said...

One must act in painting as in life, directly.Sculpture is the best comment that a painter can make on painting.PaintBooth

Hydraulic Calibrator said...

Calibrator Pain reaches the heart with electrical speed, but truth moves to the heart as slowly as a glacier.Calibrators :)

fairysparkle said...

Oh my, sweetie this is stunning i love it well who wouldnt i ask you .Love everything and i also love that you give us the card recipe thats so good of you .When i grow up i want to be as good as you lol i am grown up really but being a fairy im young at heart xx