Monday, April 23, 2012

Butterflies are free . . . and orange!


Hello my darlins! Ruh roh . . . it's been a while since I posted anything . . . and Blogger has changed things up a bit! aacckkk!! So you'll forgive me if I goof this up, right?!! hehe! OK, so here's the deal, I was asked the other day to make a card for a friend's daughter . . . it's her 16th birthday! And it seems this young lady love, love, LOVES the color ORANGE!!! Me? I don't love orange quite so much! But I think I pulled it off with today's Sugar Nellie DT card . . . what'cha think?!


I tried to balance the orange a wee little bit with some soft aqua. I quite like the results, if I do say so myself!! This little sweetheart is "Butterfly Girl" . . . from the "Simply Sassy" Collection of Sugar Nellie stamps! Acckk!! I just checked, and it looks like "Butterfly Girl" is out of stock. BUT, do check out the rest of the adorable "Simply Sassy" art by Krista Smith . . . available in deliciously sweet rubber at Funky Kits  HERE. Care for a couple of side views?



Here's my card "recipe" . . . 
Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, & Tangerine Tango Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Bo Bunny "Country Garden" Collection
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tangerine Tango ribbon: Stampin' Up
Doily Die: Cheery Lynn Designs
Romantic Rectangles die: Nestabilities
Leaves dies: Marianne's Dies
Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart
Sentiments: Just Rite Stamps
Pearls & tiny butterfly punch: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

. . . a peek at the inside. . .


And, of course . . .


I've decided to enter this little card into the following challenges:


And that's it for me, kiddos!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! Hugz . . . until next time!!

19 comments:

saturated canary said...

what a beautiful card!! love the color combo!!

x

Maria Therese said...

Soooooo cute!!

Boxofcolours said...

Another stunning creation my friend, love the zingy orange!
Hugs
Jane

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Pat - lovely card (ps, thought you'd like to know that i've just received spam in the store email and it looks like all of your address book has also! such a nuisance) Hope you are keeping well, Mary G xx

Dorcas said...

Your card came out awesome, Pat! I love the orange touches, but you knew that already, right?
I know, Blogger is going to get lots of new nicknames and not very nice ones either, it is such a pain! Why oh why do they have to keep changing what we're perfectly happy with??(ok, not HAPPY but USED to?) I am not digging it at all.

Christina C. said...

This girl will love, love, love this gorgeous card!!!!!!! Love how you incorporated the orange....spectacular design and fantastic details! The inside is just as phenomenal as the outside!!!!

fairysparkle said...

Hey sweetie well im nearly stumped for words ,notice i said nearly lol.Well colour combo fab and i love your colouring anyway its top notch .I adore the doily at the corner .Fab work my friend xx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

You may not like orange but it likes you!! This is fabulous Pat!! The aqua look terrific with it. Stunning card once again. ~jeni :)

Grenouille Greetings said...

That little orange lover is going to be THRILLED with this card, Pat! What a beauty! Inside and Out! Hugs, Lesley

Lorraine said...

This is a gorgeous card and I love teh colour combo.
Lorraine x

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the little touches of orange, so pretty......

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Hi Pat, I already commented on your beautiful card over on Sugar Nellie. I just want to say once again your card is Gorgeous, also this is my first time n your blog and I am now your newest follower, Please visit my blog and follow it. Hugs and God bless!

Joann Burton said...

Pat, was wondering where you were I missed you. Your card is wonderful. I love the orange you used. I love Krista and all her designs..Glad you are back at it. Joann Sassy Raggedy

Sheri said...

OMG. OMG. OMG!! I love this!! Darn you!! .;)

Suzanne said...

love this image fantastic thank you for joining us at paper sundaes this week

Monique said...

What a beautifull card Pat. I love the colour combo you used.

Hugs Monique

Debbie said...

well, i must say, the soft aqua, did balance out the orange, it really is beautiful. Skype didn't do it any justice. And that inside with the butterflies is just GORGEOUS!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

Regards Malin

Emma H said...

Great card - you totally rocked the orange! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!