Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Charlie" and her Butterflies!

Happy Tuesday, my darlins!! Well . . . my trip out west to visit the grandkiddos was absolutely fabulous!! Sophie (6 year-old) is quite the little artist! hehe! She and I spent lots and lots of time crafting!! Emma (Soph's 13 year-old sister) and I spent an entire day as "mall rats" . . . just being silly and having such fun!! Mia (5 year-old) and Ava (7 year-old) and I had pedicures . . . they got stars on their toes, and I got polka dots!! And, not to be outdone by his girl cousins, my handsome little Brody (7 year-old) and I ate ribs at TGI Fridays and then we hung out at Barnes & Noble! So, I must say, there was plenty of "spoiling" going on! hehe! And I'm already counting the days 'til my next trip to Arizona!


Now . . .  let's talk about this week's challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our talented and "sassy" Miz Peggy is our hostess this week . . . and she's chosen for our theme . . .
Butterflies!

Perfect for Spring, huh?! And here's my "sassy" card for this week . . .


This card features "Charlie" one of my fave new Sassy Cheryl digi images! I just love Charlie's "kooky" hair . . . and that look on her face totally cracks me up! hehehe! You can find Li'l Miss "Charlie" HERE at Sassy Cheryl's.


My card "recipe" . . .
Apricot Appeal & Baja Breeze Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Sun Kiss" by Prima
Sentiment "Tickets" & corner die: Whimsy
Baja Breeze Seam Binding: Stampin' Up
Dies: Spellbinders
Butterfly & Scalloped Edge punches: Martha Stewart
Pearls, brad, flowers, & butterfly charm: My stash
Copics & Prismaolor pencils


I kept the inside very simple . . . with lots of room for a personal note. And, of course, here's the ever-popular "artsy" view . . . 


Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Peggy and the rest of  my talented DT sistahs have created for this week's challenge! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Miz Peggy's "Butterflies" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, as always, thank you for your sweet comments!! Hugs . . . until next time! 

30 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous - love the colour scheme! Glad to hear you had so much fun on your trip, Jo x

Lorraine said...

Your card is gorgeous Pat. I love the image and colour combo. It sounds like you've been having a really good time with the grandchildren.
Lorraine x

Dawn said...

what fun with the kiddos!!! ahh, making memories!

oh Pat... how perfect, love that sassy sentiment!! hahahaha...too cute! what a FUN bday card

Boxofcolours said...

Adorable card Pat and I love the sentiments.
Glad you had a great time with the grand kiddies.
Hugs
Jane

Tracy said...

I'd say Miss Charlie is a perfect image for you Pat. You have captured her personality perfectly and those sentiments are A1 spot on! LOL Fantastic card! Hugs!

JACKIE M said...

Sounds like you had a great time Pat :) as usual I LOVE your card, the colours are beautiful!

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the sentiment tickets.....

Michelle said...

I love this new image from Sassy Cheryl. I've been waiting to see what the new challenge was so I could decide which cutie to get.
Sounds like you had a great time with your grandchildren. :) I'm sure they'll miss you.
Blessings,
Michelle

Maria Therese said...

Cute card ♥

jkreucher said...

Love that you had such a great time with all the kidlets!
I always love when you use the tickets on your cards.. it is such a fun look!
as always, everything about your card it top notch! the red hair is perfect for Charlie with all the attitude!
hugs to ya!
Judy

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! And its colored perfectly. Very lovely design too.. hugs, Linda

Alyce said...

Pat this is just stunning! I love the image and those papers and layout are just perfect :)

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is stunning the colours image and amazing layout just love it,hugs Cherylxxxx

Joann Burton said...

Pat, So glad you had a wonderful time, the kiddo's will remember it always. I had to have Charlie and Avery of course...Still have not done the "special one". In my mind I tell myself Cheryl made it just for me, lol....Just beautiful, your colors are perfect of course and the layout is as well. Welcome back, joann sassy raggedy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! Those Grandbabies had to have loved their time with you.
Your card is too stinkin' cute Pat!! Those ticket sentiments are perfect for her little "attitude". Beautiful color choices for her and her red hair. ~jeni :)

Danielle said...

I love thelook on her face too, Pat, she is too cute. Love your card, and those pretty papers. wonderful colors. Hugs.

PS: I found my Pandora teapot LOL

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love, love, love the color combo and the inside is gorgeous as well. WOW girl. You've outdone yourself on this one.
So glad you had a nice time out west and are home safely!!!!!

Candy said...

Great card, Pat,
Love the spunky image and also the sentiments you added LOL
Beautiful work as always.
Happy to hear you had a great time with your Grandchildren. Sounds like so much fun....
Hugs, Candy

Tami G said...

so glad your trip was good.. sounds like you had a wonderful time with each kiddo...... I LOVE this card.. and image.. you are right.. the look on her face is just too adorable..

Debbie said...

This is just adorablel, love the colors, and polka dots, you should have taken pictures of your toes, and entered them into the I See Dots challenge...lol Glad you had so much fun with the grandkids

TTYL
Hugs
Debbie

fairysparkle said...

Hey hey girly glad you had fun with the grand kids ,i had mine last friday its always fun .Now onto important thiongs your card is really pretty and some yellows and blues dont go well together ,but you have got the hues just right .x

Monique said...

That is such a lovely card Pat. Beautifull colouring.

Hugs Monique

Elaine said...

Pat...your grandchildren are so lucky to have you..I bet you are the best granny ever and certainly the most fun one to be with :)

Fabulous card..just look at her face ha! And the sentiments are PERFECT.
I know exactly who this reminds me of..though of course I can't name names here :)

Hugs Elaine xxx

Sheri said...

Love, love, love this totally adorable card Pat!!! So good to hear that you had such fun with thengrandkids! Hopefully, you took a lot of money home from Vegas!! :)

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, its so good to have you back :) glad you had the Best time with your grandchildren. These are such precious years, ours are now all grown up (17-25) and the time spent in early years we are reaping now, We are so close its wonderful :)
I bet you are a granny and a half....lol I would love to be a fly on the wall when you are having fun with them :)
Love the card btw the image and sentiments are super.
Hugs Mau xx

Lilian said...

Yowzers Pat! You sure make amazing cards and this is no exception! Have fun wherever you are!!!! :)

Erika said...

Pat this is such a cute card love your colour combo, delish! Layered to perfection as always. Big crafty hugs,
Erika. x

cathylynn said...

Totally precious Pat! This image is tooo cute and your coloring is fabulous! I bet your grandkids miss you already. You got to share some very special time together.
Good for all of you!
Hugs, Cathy -Lynn

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a cutie, Pat, and lovely colour choices! Hugs, Lesley

Linda said...

Pat this is just stunning!!!! Love the design and the colors are gorgeous!!!!! Wow excellent work !!!!
You have such a wonderful blog!!!!