Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Feed a cold and starve a fever?


Or is it "Starve a cold and feed a fever"??? I have a cold AND a fever and I'm not quite sure what to feed and what to starve!! That's what comes from traveling hither and yon, I suppose! I will tell you, though, we had a great time in Las Vegas . . . my sister is nuttier than ever!! She even got a tattoo! I did not succumb to the pressure . . . instead I just bought lots of new beads for my Pandora bracelet! hehehe!


So . . . enough about my health and my vacay . . . it's Tuesday again and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our bubbly and talented Sassette, Miz Jeni, is our hostess this week . . . and here's what she's chosen for this week's challenge theme . . .   

April Showers!

I have to tell ya, that's sure been the weather we've had in my neck of he woods lately. Cloudy and drizzly for the past few days, at least. I've decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to dance in the rain . . . what with my rotten cold and all! But that doesn't mean I can't make a card about dancing in the rain! hehehe!!


This card features one of Sassy Cheryl 's older images called "Little Land Swimmers"! And, good news, this cutie is available HERE in Sassy Cheryl's $2.00 bin!! Here are a couple of side views . . .



My card "recipe" . . .
Taken w/Teal & Pear Pizzazz Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Tickled Pink" from My Minds Eye
Lacy dies: Spellbinders
Pear Pizzazz seam binding: Stampin' Up
Front sentiment: I brake for Stamps (I think)
Inside sentiment: Hero Arts
Glossy accents (on goggles)
Charm, rhinestones, flowers, & brads: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Here's a peek at the inside . . .

And, ta daaaaa . . .

Now it's time for you to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to see what Miz Jeni and the rest of  my clever DT sistahs have created for inspiration! Then, please come join us for this week's challenge! Just remember to follow Jeni's "April Showers" theme! Oh . . . and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Remember . . .
YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY!!!

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and, always, for your sweet comments!! Hugsssssssss!!

21 comments:

Debbie said...

You need some chicken soup... nothing like feeling sick in this miserable weather, now as for your card, It is just gorgeous.. and April Showers, oh My it's an April Down Pour here in NY!!!!! and rain is in the forecast for my walk on Sunday, not good

Hugs
Debbie

Kim said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE the colors and that DP is gorgeous.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Nope. . . .dancing in the rain WOULD NOT be a good idea with the weather we've been having. :)
Love, love, love this gorgeous card Pat and I love the inside too. Super stunning.

amanda stokes said...

Hi Pat,
Gorgeous card,love the image and papers..still can't bring myself to cut into mine lol
Hope you feel better soon :) x

Dawn said...

awww, feel better soon, Pat!! and beads....waaaay better than a tat!

LOVE your perfect sentiment to this adorable card!! colored to perfection... wonderful inside and out!

Joey said...

Feel Better soon Pat! we were all ridden with the flu and as I was telling the kids not to feed the temperture, I was snuggled under the heavy duvet feeding mine, worst feeling ugh.xxx

Your card is delightful, love the colours and the gorgeous flowers. Joey xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hope you feel better soon, Pat. I think the best remedy for feverish colds is "buy stash; make cards".
See if it works for you. This card is a beauty. Love your long sentiment on the pretty inside almost as much as the beautiful colouring and pretty papers and flowers on the outside! Hugs, Lesley

Mau xx said...

awww!!! hope you shake off the cold soon Pat ..but it is feed a cold so tell hubby you need lots of Choccy :-)
Love the card, your papers are gorgeous and what a sweet image. I love it all, the colours and flowers and everything :))
Hugs Mau xx
ps how can YOU call your sister Nutty!!! ...lol peas in a pod come to mind .. rofl xxxxxxxxx

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Super fabulous Pat! Looove the colors! They are so bright and happy.
You should have gotten a tat with your Sister. She sounds like a lot of fun. I bet you two sure have caused some trouble. HeeHee ~jeni :)

jkreucher said...

Stay out of the rain,, no dancing in the rain for you! sorry you have a bummer cold-always missseeerrraaabbble!!!
I love the sentiment, so perfect!
hey, did you all get together and say, lets use the same image:):)
love seeing how different each one is..
your colors are always to die for.. beautiful inside and out!
hugs to ya
Judy

Catherine said...

Gorgeous card with wonderful colours....

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Pat....love the gorgeous image and fabulous layout too hun :o)

hope you feel better soon sweetie and big hugs Vicky xx

Christina C. said...

Adore this gorgeous creation, Pat!
Stunning flowers, papers....love the colors! Beautifully colored image. The inside is as gorgeous as the outside. Love the cute umbrella charm!

JACKIE M said...

Hope youre feeling better soon Pat, I LOVE your card, I have that rubber stamp must dig it out :)

Tracy said...

She's fantastic Pat! I just love your coloring. :-) I've been fighting the crud myself. Be glad when it finally vacates my premises. LOL Hope you feel better soon! Hugs!

Candy said...

Awesome card, Pat!!
LOVE your paper choice and both sentiments.
Hope you get better quick....
Big hugs, Candy

Joann Burton said...

Love it Pat and so sorry you are feeling bad. This is just lovely now I have to head over to the $2 bin at Sassy Cheryl...joann sassy raggedy

Cathy said...

Yep, proof that Nurses and Dr's are the worst to take care of themselves. hope you feel better soon sweetie. Big soft hugs to you. I love that I came back this week and yep, we chose the same image right off LOL. I love the colors you chose and the papers and embellishments you used are always perfect. Always love your stuffs GF. Take care and get better.

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

OMG Pat, Your cards are just amazing, I am just starting out, I am happy I made top 3 in Jackson's Digital Expressions card challenge. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I like coloring the ethnic skin, I will post the colors I used in the card over on the blog, But I usually use copics in these colors E31,E33 and E35, they give the darkest skin tone. Hugs!

Dorcas said...

When in doubt, feed it out! :)
Such a cute card, PAt! LOve all the vibrant colors too. ;)

Ann English said...

Yup, another fabulous card-so beautifully finished. I've got to work on that...
Sorry to hear you are "under the weather"-chicken soup really does help, that and plenty of rest.
Um, smart choice-the beads vs the tat!
Feel better!