Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm baaaack!


Hi kiddos...well, after a long and grueling week on board a big boat floating around in the Caribbean listening to fab smooth jazz, eating yummilicious food, and imbibing in exotic adult beverages with teeny tiny umbrella embellishments...I'm home!! hehehe!

So...I must confess...I did a little coloring on my vacay...but didn't keep track of the Copic colors I used. Sorry about that! I do love this darling little image...and I think she fits perfectly into this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog. Our hostess this week is the very talented Cathy...who has challenged us to use "lace, buttons, & bows"...and create something with "Love" as the theme!! Great challenge, huh? I love girly cards...and generally fill mine up with lots of bling and flowers...but I really wanted to keep this one a little cleaner and simpler (like my fellow DT sistah, Peggy, whose cards I love, love, LOVE!) So...here's what I came up with....


Here's another view...you can't see the hearts very well in this one...and I have to apologize about the photo quality. It was after midnight and lighting in my craftroom leaves alot to be desired, I'm afraid!


I bet you recognize this darlin' little girl and her puppy...she's a digi-image called "Buds" and I got her HERE at Mo Manning's online store.

Now it's time for you to join in the excitement! Pull out one (or more, if you like) of your fave Mo Manning images...and some fun paper and, of course, some lace, buttons, & bows ... oh...and your markers, pencils, inks, or paints...and create a clever little project to enter into this week's challenge # 68 at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog. One lucky participant - chosen at random, of course - will win one of Mo's precious little digi images...YOU get to choose which one! How fun is that??!! YAY!

But before you do that, pop on over HERE and take a look at the gorgeous projects from our amazingly talented Design Team!! Whooohooo...let the crafting begin!! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and thanks especially for all your sweet comments that truly make my day!! Until next time, sweet friends....

22 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh Pat! I am giggling! Your holiday sounds wonderful - but I love that you took images and copics with you! That is MY kind of vacation!
Your card is gorgeous :)
Hugs
Kylie

Marianne said...

Welcome back girl. It's nice to hear you had a great time. But we love to see the images that you colored on your vacation. The first one is fabulous. Love that image.
Can't wait for the next one.
Hugs marianne

Sharon Keanly said...

Welcome back Pat... missed you. What a super liner that is... wow! Love your card... just love Peggy too... hugs Sharon

Dorcas said...

Welcome back!
Pat, your vacation did you good! You OUTDID yourself here, really beautiful card. I SO love your work!!

Danielle Champagne said...

Welcome back Pat, don't know about your corner of the world, but were deep in this white stuff called SNOW in Montreal; no tineee tiny umbrellas in my hot drink LOL!
Your cards are darling, love those bright pinks and the cute image. Isn't she a darling... OH! I love.
Hugs. Danielle.

Dorcas said...

I just came back to have another look at this card. Its so awesome, look how you mimicked her frilly drawers with the green panel on the left...so clever!OK, I'm done now!

Annacarin said...

Hi Pat, what a dream... caribbean!
And such a sweet card! I love copic tooo.... What would I do without them...
Welcome home!
Annacarin

Grenouille Greetings said...

Adorable image and adorable card! Love the soft tones, Pat, the embossed nestie mount and the hearts, lace and bows, not to mention the pretty papers and lovely colourwork! Bet you're feeling the chill now that you are back home. That's the downside of winter Caribbean cruises - the fact that cold feels colder afterwards and your tan fades super quickly.
I hope you had a splendid time and thank your for the lovely comments you leave on my blog. Hugs, Lesley

Debbie said...

Welcome Back!!!!! Will hop on over to mo's later to see what I can get....but something tells me this little cutie will fall into my cart... Absolutely adorable

Hugs
Debbie

Cathy said...

Pat, sounds like you enjoyed your cruise, I am so jealous :) Your card is wonderful, love the colors and coloring as always and your lace, buttons and bow are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for creating such a wonderful challenge card!!

Sandy said...

I was so busy looking at that cute dog I didn't see the fanny shot! Beautiful colors and as you know I love little bows and yours are perfect you cruisin' queen! That picture of the boat (or should I call it a ship)knocked my socks off.
Love you
Sandy

Tracy said...

Welcome back Pat!! Hope your trip was everything you wanted it to be. :-) What a great card! Fantastic colors and coloring and all those great embellishments and shapes. Love it!

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh, how darling is that card! Love the dps and how darling is that little bow! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time =)

Dawn B. said...

Glad you made it back safe and sound. You sound like me. I always take my markers and some images with me. Hope you had a fun time. Your card is wonderful. So soft and pretty. Great job.

Iulia said...

Hi Pat! Good to have you back!!! Take care not to catch a cold now (as it happened to me after a wintry holiday in the Caribbean)and keep warm!
Your card is a perfect example of "simpler is beautiful". Mo's gorgeous image and your fab coloring is thus showcased and so are the beautiful papers. I also love girlie cards and this one is as cute as it can get!
Adorable!
Hugs, Iulia

Tanya R said...

Super super fantastic. Sigh, so delicate.
Hugs
Tanya

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this card is beyond beautiful! I love everything about it, especially the little heart near the sentiment! Where did you get that pretty blue paper? I've been looking for something similar, but haven't been able to find anything close.

Cheryl said...

HI Pat just wanted to pop over to say hi,and to say bless your heart for the lovely comment you left on my blog espically after seeing,your stunning designs,many thanks hun its so appreciated,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

HI Pat just wanted to pop over to say hi,and to say bless your heart for the lovely comment you left on my blog espically after seeing,your stunning designs,many thanks hun its so appreciated,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Barb Hardeman said...

So sorry to hear that you had to slog it out on your cruise!! LOL Well, it's a tough job but somebody had to do it right? Now back to the daily grind... This is adorable! Love the lace/buttons/bows! You always do such a beautiful job on your coloring and layout! Hope all is going well with the new job and that you're able to get some sleep!
Hugs,
Barb

Candy said...

AWESOME work, Pat.
Simple adorable card!!
Hugs, Candy

Sheila said...

You rocked this one Pat!!, your colouring is awesome girl!.
Love this cute image and love the soft girlie colours too.
Glad you had a fab time imbibing in all those wonderful adult beverages with the teen tiny umbrellas :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx