Thursday, February 10, 2011

No pink? No red? ...No problem!

And a hearty hello to all my friends out there in blogland!! So, here's the deal, it's almost Valentine's Day...a time of year when we crafters pull out all those gorgeous pink and red DPs and heart-shaped embellies!! Well...not this week! Our very clever DT sistah, Cathy, has given us quite the challenge this week! It's true...this week's challenge # 69 at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog is to make a Valentine's Card using non-traditional colors...that's right...no pink and no red!!! YIKES!!!! OK...well, I wasn't too worried since I have some pretty fun DPs in my collection...and Mo has created so many adorable images to choose from! Biggest challenge? Which one to choose?!! Easy cheesy..."Shy Nessa" of course!! She's hiding behind a huge Valentine box (I'm imagining that it's filled with yummilicious chocolates! LOL!)

Isn't Nessa so dang adorable??? She's such a little "princessa" in her frilly green dress and patent leather shoes!! So, I thought this darlin' was just begging to be surrounded by pearls and flowers!! Shy Nessa is the brainchild of the uber-talented children's books illustrator, Mo Manning and is available - with about a kabillion other fabulous images created by Mo herself! - at Mo's Digital Pencil Too online store.

I colored Nessa with a whole bunch of Copics...E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); E53, 51, 50, 15, & YR20 (hair); BG72, 11, 10, 000, 0000 (valentine); YG17, 11, 93, G21, 20, BG93 (dress & anklets); C7, 5, 4, 2, 1 (shoes); W2, 1, 0, 00 (shadows & ground).

And here's the rest of my card "recipe":
Cardstock: Very Vanilla & black (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Webster's Pages (Life's Portrait)
Scrolls: Magnolia doohickey die
Nestie: Spellbinder's
Charm & pearls: stash
Seam binding ribbon: Ribbon Girl
Flowers: Prima & Wild Orchid's Crafts
Glossy accents for Nessa's shoes...and stickle for her ruffles

So, guess what time it is? It's time to hop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the masterpieces created by the other talented members of Mo's DT. Then...pull out your papers and embellies...and make your own little masterpiece for this week's Challenge # 69! Remember, you must use at least one Mo Manning image...no problem, right?! And you mustn't use pink or red!! Oh, I almost forgot...one lucky participant (chosen at random) will win a FREE Mo Manning Digital Image!!!! Yikes...I wanna be YOU!! hehehehe!!

Thanks so much, my lovlies, for stopping by to visit! Have a beautiful week...sending lots of Valentine's Day huggggggggggs (but I'm not sharing the chocolates! hehehehe!) ...until next time....

25 comments:

Marianne said...

Just what I thought! Sutch a sweetie again. I love the stamp! I think I have to hop over to the MDP shop.
Lovely coloring and choise of colors.
Hugs marianne

ahlers5 said...

Wow! Just love the coloring-such soft colors. The flower arrangement looks amazing, too,

Sharon Keanly said...

Absolutely adorable!

Danielle Champagne said...

Its a deal, Pat, I take hugs, leave the chocolates, but I won't share mine either LOL!! Love your card, so girly, the bow, the fringes, the pearls, the swirls, Ah! I'M in paradise! LOve the image, brings so much memories... Grand-ma had sewn me a dress with this kind of frills and a super "crinoline"... I was about 5! Gorgeous background papr, very lovely layering.
Beautiful! Hugs.danielle.

Debbie said...

Of course Nessa's box is filled with chocolate, as a real chocoholic I can smell it over here...lol This is so beautiful with all the pearls and flowers, You are amazing you make everything you touch turn to gold and this is no exception.. I know where I'll be shopping this weekend, I'm heading over to mo's..

Great job, hugs
Debbie

Sandy said...

Oh most talented one on high - should I start calling you "your highness"! I can see why you love these Mo Manning images so much - I think this is what you must have looked like when you were a wee one. Don't cha just love those nesties? The one you used on this card is one of my favorites. Love the paper and the design work and your coloring is to die for!! You do manage, time and time again, to come up with fresh ideas! I love that little lock. Now when do I get my $$?
Love you bunches kid - sandy

Cathy said...

Pat, this is gorgeous. Love the colors, your coloring is beautiful and the embellishments are perfect. Awesome challenge card :)

Deeeee said...

Very neat card ... such a sweet little girl !

Oh, and Sandy - she did NOT look like that as a kid - I was there ... she had horns, a tail and a pitchfork the night she PRETENDED to be sleeping and I got a whoopin cuz I wasn't!

Grenouille Greetings said...

So pretty in peach and blue with the black accents, Pat. Stunning colouring and beautiful layout and gorgeous floral display. It's a real cutie! Hugs, Lesley

Dorcas said...

Wow! This came out so awesomely, Pat! You're da bom!

Chrissy said...

Such a gorgeous image and coloured so beautifully. Love all the flowers too. Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracy said...

Love it! Love it! The image is fantastic and great card design too. Hugs!

Candy said...

Oh so beautiful, Pat!!
Love all of your gorgeous details and that paper too!
Hugs, Candy

Card Crazy said...

Oh Pat, she is too, too sweet. Lovely card with the most beautiful flower arrangement. Good grief, those are gorgeous!
Sue S.

Pops x said...

Ohhh this is just stunning sweetie i am loving the colours and that touch of black is fab, biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

jojoscraps said...

Hi Pat. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words. I love this card. The colors are so happy and you've given her such perfect details. I always look forward to checking out your latest creations. Have a great weekend
Jo xx

Sheila said...

You ROCK!!! Pat this is utterly devine my friend you do girlie so fabulously!, love the beautiful soft colours on this one Pat.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the blue/peachy combination especially with the very dark scrolls - looks really special and that image is so cute, her petticoats are fab! Mary G

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Pat this really truly was not a problem for you at all!!! BEAUTIFUL peach and blues!! WOWsers!!
hugs, Janiel

Laurie said...

This card is adorable. Thank you for visiting my blog and following me. I'm so new to this, but it's really alot of fun. Oh! and very addictive. Laurie :)

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I love all those flowers. I have this paper and would not have thought to pair the two together like this.. Sorry I am so late in commenting..:)

Susan.... said...

Good morning Pat,

l have just spent a thoroughly enjoyable time browsing through your exquisite creations..They are all superb !
l would like to thank you for leaving the lovely comments on my blog last week and today, for Mo's challenges.
l will drop by again soon !
Have a wonderful day ..
Hugs
Susan x

Teri said...

Oh, oh, oh, she is soooo dang cute!!!! I love her!!! And the way you colored her... perfection!!!!!! You have absolutely blown me away with your talent!!!!! Beautiful!!
Hugs,
Teri

De Roelies said...

thanks for visit mine site youre cards are very beautyful
Lilian

Iulia said...

Hi, Pat!
I was darn sure I've already commented on your gorgeous card! I must be getting senile!
You've created exactly my type of card:) I must try one day and make one exactly the same:)(Well, except for the coloring part which is too... perfect:))as I just love it and wouldn't change anything about it! The colors are simply gorgeous,adorable image, I love Webster's Pages and the Magnolia Swirls and the sweet bouquet, the pearls...well, it couldn't get better than this. And I mean it!:)
Hugs, Iulia