Thursday, February 17, 2011

Monday's Child...on a Thursday!

Can you believe it? It's Thursday already...and you know what that means? Yep, it means...it's time again for a fun new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog. Our hostess this week is the very talented Cathy!! She's come up with a a really fun sketch! So I decided that I wanted to make a "twisted easel" card using Cathy's sketch!! Thanks, Sheila, for sending me the instructions! It was such fun to make...and super duper easy!!

I chose one of Mo's absolutely most adorable little girls...she's called "Monday's Child" and she's available at Mo's Digital Pencil HERE.
Here's a close-up...

And a couple of side views...

And a close-up of this sweet little sentiment from Lili of the Valley...


So here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride & Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
DPs: English Rose (KaiserCraft)
Dies: Doohickeys (Magnolia)
Pearls: ZVA Creative
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tulle & ribbon (my stash)
Frosted Lace Stickles
Glossy accents (on her shoes, beads, and mirror)
And here are the Copics I used to color this sweet little princessa...

So here's what I'd love for you to do next...toddle on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and feast your eyes on the stunning creations by my uber-talented Design Teamies! And then...have some fun making your own little masterpiece to enter into this week's challenge! Don't forget to use at least one Mo Manning image...and follow Cathy's fun sketch! Oh...and one more thing...one lucky winner - chosen at random - will win a free Mo Manning digital image. LUCKY DUCK!!

So that's it for me, kiddos. Thanks soooooooooo much for stopping by to see what I've been up to. And for leaving such sweet and encouraging comments! Have a beautiful week, sweet friends. Until next time....

25 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so soft and sweet.
Love how you used the twisted easel to showcase this beauty

Have a great great day
Hugs
Debbie

Marianne said...

Oh Pat, this one is so cute. Love the colors you've chosen. And the image is adorable as ever. You did a fabulous job at coloring.
The way you used this weeks sketch is amazing.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs Marianne

Sheila said...

Yeah Pat this looks awesome GF, glad you gave it a go and that you could understand my Gibberish :-).
You ROCK!!!!!!.
Hugs
Sheila xxx

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous Pat! I love the soft pink color and have been trying to achieve a color like that. I'm assuming all the "R" copics were involved? I love the tulle bow, it ties the ballerina all together. GORGEOUS!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Pat, what a stunning card and your colouring is fabulous. Love the bow...wow! Beautiful work! hugs Sharon x

ahlers5 said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colors!

Christina C. said...

Hi Pat! Your card is absolutely adorable....love those "MO" images!
Love the lacy bow and the wonderful sentiment and, of course, your magnificently colored girl!

Dorcas said...

It's fantastic, Pat! Really lovely!

Dawn B. said...

I just got one of these in the mail and they are fantastic.. What a beautiful way to use this sketch. Great job Pat..

Tracy V. said...

Very Pretty Pat!! Love the twisted easel....they are popping up all over this week!!
Tracy

joey said...

Hi Pat

this is gorgeous, your colouring and arrangement are perfect! she is so cute!

Joey x

Sandy said...

I don't blame you for loving Mo Manning's kids so much - they are so cute and really convey what imps kids can be. Ahhh -I see you are using your favorite colors - love the way you have interpreted this sketch - that in itself is a talent. Your coloring is perfect Pat - and I do remember that blue ball! How you do such delightful design work I will never know -
love you dearly
your secret pal

Sharon Caudle said...

Pat this is gorgeous! Love the peachy pink color with the green. And your coloring is fantastic!! Beautiful design and detailing as always!!!
hugs, Sharon

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a beauty, Pat! Beautiful colourwork and I love all of your design elements, especially how you have made use of the exposed angle on the base with your swirls and flourishes. Hugs, Lesley

Pops x said...

Hi swettie, this is really gorgeous, loving the image and your colours, big hugs love Pops x x x

Donalda said...

Hon this is just beautiful !!! Oh I so love it dear so much detail and the image is so adorable. Hope you are doing well dear. I am back to work now so not getting much blogging time but have loved catching up dear.

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
Your cards get more beautiful with every one you make. This one is so gorgeous. Beautiful colouring- of course :o)
Love the tulle and all the great pearls, as well as the doohickey die cuts.
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Pat, this easel looks so elegant. Love the beautiful color scheme and the tulle is so cool :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Tracy said...

Oh Pat, you've done it again! Absolutely gorgeous. The colors are so soft and lovely and your embellishments complete the card so prettily. Beautifully done image!

ahlers5 said...

i love the colors you chose for this card. Everything is so soft looking.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Pat, How could I missed this cutie. So totally feminine. Love it's delicate pastel colors and the tulle bow. Your image is wonderfully colored, I can almost hear her say: Mirror Mirror, tell me who is the cutest???
HUgs. d.

charlene said...

Pat this is just to pretty love the softness to this little girl. Love the bow your coloring is just perfecto ! Thanks for the kind words on my card...I had lots of fun doing her ! Yes I will be taking both of Suzanne's classes while she is here...Gail and I are going together I am so excited to meet her and Tab and the other gals that will be there .... Come on out and play with us !
Hugs♥

Barb said...

Pat, this is very definition of gorgeous! The soft colors, all the lovely embellies, and that twisted easel (please do share the trick to that!) all combine to make a keeper of a card! Your coloring style is wonderful!

Beth said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you have coloured in the image and all the beautiful details you've added!

Iulia said...

Wow! How comes I've missed this one? Gorgeous card; Right down my alley ... gorgeous color combo! Look at those swirls and the bow...gorgeous touches! Love it all!
Hugs, Iulia