Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color Challenge at Mo's

Hello sweet friends...I'm scheduling this post because, when you read this post, I'll be on a fabby cruise ship somewhere in the middle of the Carribbean! No worries, though, I'm doing my best to have at least one adult beverage for each and every one of you!! hehehe!!

Can you believe it's already been a week since our last challenge at Mo's?! Once again, this week's challenge hostess is Elaine. And let me tell you, she's come up with a challenge to beat all challenges!! Well, for me, at least!! She's chosen a "color challenge" for us this week..."Reds, yellows, oranges, and a neutral." YIKES!! Kinda bright colors for me...I guess that's why they call it a "challenge", right?!

So, since I had not yet colored this darling little image of Bella & Bronte, I decided it was time! The image is called "I Dunno"and is available at Mo's Diginal Pencil Too online store.

Then I rummaged through my DPs and finally found this fun paper from Stampin' Up (I'm sorry, I have no idea what it's called...but I got it last year if that helps.)

I colored some pearls with my Copic marker (if you haven't tried this, it's sooooo cool and you can absolutely match your colors!), added this yummy yellow bow (from SU), and a couple of flowers from Prima.

Here's the rest of the card "recipe"...
Cardstock: So Saffron & Garden Green (SU) & white
Dies: Oval & oval scallop (Nestabilities), Doohickey lace edge (Magnolia)
Sentiment: Just Rite Stamps
Buttons: my stash
Yellow stickles for Bella's tu tu; & At You Spica pens for Bronte's collar; and Inkssential's Glossy Accents for Bella's boots
And here are the copics I used...


So...I think I did it...yellow (DP, ribbon, pearls, buttons, & tutu), red (flowers & Bella's shirt), orange (Bella's boots & the DP), and neutral (Bronte is grey)...and I used white cardstock...I guess those are neutrals, right? :-)

Now...head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the DT's gorgeous projects...then get busy making your own "yellow, red, orange, and neutral" project. Just remember to enter it into the challenge...so you can have a chance at winning a free Mo Manning digi image of your choice! How cool is that??! YAY!

That's it for me. Thanks so much for stopping by...and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your sweet comments! Until next time, kiddos...

19 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

Another winner, love the colours of this one. Super design and colouring Pat. Wow! hugs Sharon

Debbie said...

Pat, this is fabulous, love what you did with the colors, and "I Dunno" is such a sweet image. Reminds me of when my kids were little that and "not me" was always there response..lol

Keep soaking up that sun, we just had another snow storm,

Hugs
Debbie

Teri said...

Pat, this is just darling!! I love her little expression and the round image is perfect for it!! Enjoy your sun and fun cause it is cold and yucky here!!!!
Teri

Sharon Caudle said...

Sooooo stinkin' adorable, Pat!!!! I love this image and the colors are fantastic! Your coloring is awesome!!
hugs, Sharon

Shelly said...

I agree with Sharon, sooo stinkin' adorable =) The colors are so cheery! I hope you are having a good time on your Cruise, have a margarita for me, ok!

Pops x said...

Gorgeous creation sweetie, fab image in a gorgeous colour scheme, big hugs love Pops x x x

Dorcas said...

Pat you did a great job! Color is GOOD. :-) (as is a cruise in the middle of the meditteranean ..STINKER! lol)

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is precious. I love love love the colors and the flowers are just the icing on the cake.. We went to the Dominique Republican and I LOVED it at Christmas. Hope you are having a wonderful time. :)

Marianne said...

This card shows us all the sunny colors of the carabian! I find it difficult to work with this colors. You did a fabulous job.
Thank you for bringing over the sunshine to us.
Hugs Marianne

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wonderful card, Pat! Fabulous palette and beautiful colourwork. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Sandy said...

Mo Manning has the best images that's for sure and you are just the artist to step up to the plate so your creative magic. I love the colors and buttons and your colored pearls - Pat your coloring is wonderful - hurry up and get home kid!
Sandy

Cathy said...

Pat, hope you are enjoying your cruise. Belle looks like she is wondering if you are having fun? Love your coloring and that dp is perfect. Wonderful details on your card.

Candy said...

WOW Pat!!!
You really did an awesome job on this card!!!
FANTASTIC colouring :o)
LOVE the colours - great job with the challenge. LOVE it.
Hoping your having a blast on your cruise.
Hugs, Candy

Tanya R said...

WOW how super fantastic is this! SO bright so pretty so fun. What a great way to start my Friday.
Hugs
Tanya

DEE said...

Great BALLS o' FIRE !!! Love the bright colors - makes me think SPRING . . . yeah, like that's ever going to happen here.....

Elaine L. said...

This is so eye-catching, Pat! I love the way you've interpreted the Challenge! All your details are wonderful.

Iulia said...

Hope you're having a great time!!! Gosh, I'm so envious!
Great card as usual; your coloring style is such an inspiration to me; but upon seeing that bunch of copics (my entire collection is made of about 30)... well, I'll wait a bit longer:) You have a great eye for constructing a card. It looks just perfect: brilliant colors, lovely papers and super details.
Great work!
Hugs, Iulia

Sabina said...

Hello,
i like your colorations and cards, i looked arround on your blog!
Hugs Sabina

Margareth said...

all your cards are beautiful,well matched and the details are magnific!