Thursday, February 24, 2011

Clean & Simple at the Sugar Bowl...

Hi friends...Guess what time it is? It's time for another fun challenge over at the Sugar Bowl! Our hostess for this challenge is the very talented DT Sweetie, Lilian, who has come up with this fabulous sketch for us to follow! She's also challenged us to keep it "Clean & Simple". Well...let me tell ya, this was a tough one for me...because there is generally nothing clean or simple about my cards! I have a tendency to use lots & lots of embellies...I guess that's why they call it a "challenge", right?! OK...so here's Lilian's Sketch...

Fun, huh? Well...I pulled out one of the cutest little Simply Sassy girls named "Bella Bunting" (available at Funky Kits)...and got busy...here's what I came up with...

I used a fun die from my stash and made a little "Bella Bookmark" ...then created a little pocket on the front of the card to slip the bookmark into. It's a card...AND a bookmark!! Clever, huh?!

And here are a couple of side views...

And, in keeping with the "clean & simple" theme...here's the clean & simple inside...

And here's the rest of my card "recipe"...
Cardstock & ink for sentiment: Marina Mist (Stampin' Up)
DPs, ribbon, bow, & button: my stash
Pearls: ZVA Creatives
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Edging: Martha Stewart "Bubbles"
Sentiment: LOTV
Copics: E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); R83, 81, RV10 (pinks); B26, 23, 21, 00 (blues); G24, 21, 20 (eyes); C1, 0, 00 (shadows).

So...I think that's it for me...now it's your turn to make a "Clean & Simple" card following Lilian's sketch...and using at least ONE Sugar Nellie Image. But....FIRST...hop on over to the Sugar Bowl and spend a little time enjoying the incredibly gorgeous little paper treasures by my fellow Design Team Sweeties!! And...as always, TWO lucky participants will be chosen - at random - to win an awesome prize of 6 stamps from the new releases at Funky Kits HERE. So...run, don't walk, to your craft room and get busy!! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks sooooo much for stopping by to visit me...I do so enjoy your visits and your sweet, sweet comments! Until next time...

19 comments:

Marianne said...

Pat, my comment is clean and simple: gorgeous card.
Hugs Marianne

Tiets said...

OOooo wowww this is really gorgeous!! I love your idea!!
Hugs Tiets

sharingthepassion said...

this is a fantastic take on Lils sketch. Love it. the pastel colours i think are perfect for this image and your colouring is fabaroonie. Love this!

Have a super day!

Ali x

Erika said...

Wow Pat love your take on Lilian's sketch and Bella Bunting has to be my fav.

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Pat,, this is FLIPPIN' gorgeous... Just love the whole design of your card and how clever to make a bookmark and the little pocket in the front!! Brilliant idea, I am soooo impressed! Lovely colour combination too. Love (3x) it! hugs Sharon

Dorcas said...

OK, so blogger just ate my comment.....what was I saying????? Oh yes!
LOL!!!!!!!!! CAS!! LOL!!!!!
I don't care, Pat! Your card is stinkin gorgeous ! You always do such an amazing job and this card is beautiful. Stick with what you love. :-)

Debbie said...

All I can say is GORGEOUS!!! love the pinks and blues... Great job

Hugs
Debbie

Elaine said...

Love your CAS card Pat.
Bella is one of my favourite images and you've coloured her so perfectly - as always.
Love the colour combo too and a fabby idea to make a bookmark.

Love Elaine xx

Kiki said...

Hi pat!

Amazing card! Great idea to stamp Bella on that tag. Fantastic colouring as always!

Huge hugs, Kiki

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous design, delightful colouring and perfect layout. Just LOVE your satin bow and button! Hugs, Lesley

Dee said...

Simple pleasures are the best...I likey this card too ! Pink and blue are perfect together again!

Lilian said...

Awww Pat - your take on the sketch is just brilliant! Love the peeping bookmark :) Gorgeous colors and coloring as always. I so love your added pearls :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Marlena said...

Truly stunning hon, and fab take on the sketch!
Love it :)
Hugs, Marlene x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Pat!!

Sandy said...

Ha! Ha! I see a card I did not see!! At first I thought that smiling cat face was me but alas it wasn't - Love the colors on this card - you make the best tag cards - I am so glad I picked you to copy!! Ha! Ha!
your secret pal

Angela said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my ballerina card! I just LOVE this idea of a book mark and a card in 1, I have never used this techinque and I have a book lover in mind who would love this. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the layout

Angela said...

Hi Pat! Am lovin this card very much! Beautiful color scheme with the hint of pink! Love these Sweet and Sassy images! Your coloring is fabulous as always!! hugs, Angela

Iulia said...

WOW! yet another beauty here! What a great idea with the tag and the tag insert! Amazing idea of a book layout! I must try this too one day:) Love the "clean and simple" inside. Always perfection.
Hugs, Iulia

Mahmood Ali said...

Simple colors are used its looking so beautiful i really like it...
Plastic business cards
Plastic Card