Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rocks for Sale...

Isn't she just the cutest little darlin' EVER?!

Hi friends...can you believe it's Thursday again?! And y'know what that means? It means we're getting ready for another fun challenge at Mo Manning's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Once again this week, own very own talented Design Teamie, Cathy, is our Hostess! She'd like us to make a paper treasure of some sort using Spring colors...AND a handmade flower!! Whoooohooo...Spring!! And boy am I ready for Spring...but not nearly as ready as my sister, Dee...who is knee deep in SNOW!! YIKES! So this Spring card is dedicated to Dee...just keep thinking about April in Vegas...and you'll survive another Minnesota winter, sweetie! LOL!

This week I chose one of my fave Mo Manning images...(I know, I know...I say that about EACH & EVERY ONE of Mo's images, don't I?!!) This little cutie patootie is called "Rocks for Sale"...and she's available at Mo's online store HERE.

I used some fun new Vintage Spring DPs from Stampin' Up...and used some matching fabric and a button (also available from SU) to make my handmade flower! Here's how I decorated the inside - using a Martha Stewart lattice punch and a fun Sizzix tag die that slips in (and out of) the lattice trellis fence...

And another fun view...you can really appreciate the dimension in this shot! I love these little (Martha Stewart) butterflies, don't you?!


Here's the rest of my "recipe"...
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, & Garden Green for leaves(SU)
Sentiment: 100 Proof Press w/Wild Wasabi (SU) ink
Rick rack, ribbon, & pearls: stash
Stickles on the butterflies
Copics: R85, 83, 81, RV10 (wagon); E53, 51, 50, 15 (hair); E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); B23, 21, 00, 000, 0000 (blues); G24, 21, 20 (greens); BG10 & 000 (sign); YG93, G24, 21, 20 (grass); C7, 5, 4, 3, 1 (greys & black); W1, 0, 00 (shadows).

So...you know what comes next, right? First you pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to drool over the gorgeous goodies made by my fabulously talented Design Teamies....

And then, you pull out your own "Springy" papers and markers, inks, etc., and create your own little masterpiece. Remember to use at least one of Mo's absolutely precious images...and throw on a fun or funky handmade flower. Then enter it into Challenge #71 at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog. After that, all you need to do is keep your fingers crossed...and maybe, just maybe, you'll be this week's lucky recipient (chosen at random) of one of Mo's images...yep...free!! Seriously can't get much better than that, right?!

Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...your comments always make me smile! Until next time, sweet friends....

35 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Pat.. I LOVE those yoyo flowers.. It is perfect for your lovely card. The butterflies are for sure a sign of spring.. Great job..

Dorcas said...

THis is WONDERFUL, Pat! I love the yoyo flower (MUST learn how to make them!) and the image is colored to perfection. The inside is brilliant too. Wonderful card!

Sharon Keanly said...

Another winner here Pat, just love how you've coloured Mo's little darling. Stunningly beautiful! You rock! hugs Sharon

9_LanciM said...

OMG!!! you make the best cards ever. This is just gorgeous. Your coloring is just magnificent, and that touch of pink on the wagon just the right pop. I also love what you did with the fabric and button. Ok off to see if one of my images fits so I can play along. If not, guess I'll be shopping again...lol

Have a great day
Hugs
Debbie

Debbie said...

Ooops, Didn't realize my son was already signed into his google account when I posted this.

So let's try that again!!!

OMG!!! you make the best cards ever. This is just gorgeous. Your coloring is just magnificent, and that touch of pink on the wagon just the right pop. I also love what you did with the fabric and button. Ok off to see if one of my images fits so I can play along. If not, guess I'll be shopping again...lol

Have a great day
Hugs
Debbie

Janiel/ janny said...

Pat, this is Stunning, beautiful very eye catching..LOVE THE SUGAR NELLIE below also..BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
hugs, Janiel

Sandy said...

I just gotta start making Mo Manning cards - this is so much fun this little girl -- I wanna buy rocks. How much are they anyway! I love this little girl and I WANT HER! Pat it is so boring telling you over and over and over what a wonderful job you do with your design work - Lady, you are without a doubt one of the best out there period. The inside of this card is drop dead gorgeous. Love you kiddo!
Sandy

Janette said...

Such an adorable card, I also love anything Mo does, her images are fabulous.xx

Sheila said...

You ROCK!! DT sistah!!, I totally fell in love with this one Pat, it's utterly jam full of gorgeousness :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Marianne said...

Such a card makes me speakless. You have such an eye for detail. And the image is lovely as ever. You make me shop every time! My compliments for the coloring , again. You're a genious. Hope we can see a lot more in the future.
Hugs Marianne

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Pat, this wonderful card is also an hymn to spring! Love all your delicate papers and colors. The image is darling, such a cutie.
Love this button-flower made out of material, GORGOUS.
Totally adorable.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs. Danielle.

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Pat, Such a happy card and full of colour!
Clairexx

Lisa said...

Hey Pat! This image is on my wish list! And what a pretty flower. Well done as always! = )

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colouring, Pat! Perfect coordination of all the elements too! This is delightful! Hugs, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

and I meant to tell you how beautiful the inside is too!

cathylynn said...

Hi Pat! YOUR CARD ROCKS!!!! I love it and this Mo's image is just so darn cute!! Your colors are as wonderful as always. Can't wait to see what you do next! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Tracy said...

Fabulous card pPt! Love the colors you've used and that paper is just scrumptious. You always make Mo's images look so great. :-) Hugs!

DEE said...

Awwww - it DOES remind me of spring.......I can almost remember what green grass butterflies and nice blue skies look like ... love the teeny weeny pears! It appears us folk up north need to go groundhog hunting !!!

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
Super super cute card. Love Mo's image and your wonderful colouring of her :o)
I have wanted that pack of SU paper since the mini catty came out!
You have decorated this one beautifully and I just LOVE it. Come on SPRING I wanna sell rocks too :o)
Hugs, Candy

Tanya R said...

Oh Pat, this is just amazing! I want her. More so, I want her spirit, she looks so enthusiastic, I would by a rock from her for sure.
Hugs
Tanya

Pops x said...

Gorgeous colours sweetie, fab layout a gorgeous creation, big hugs love Pops x x x

Nancy said...

Who wouldn't buy rocks from sweet Bethy. She is one of my FAVORITE images and Mo is definately one of my favorite artists.

You have such a knack for subdued Copic coloring. I am so envious. Card after card - your talents are simply TO THE MOON!

Thank you for sharing your talents and for the inspiration.
Nancy

Jan said...

Absolutely adorable xx Jan

Pam S. said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E Pat!!! Love that yo yo flower! oh no! Trouble! Now I want to order this paper and matching fabric! I love to sew by hand! Fabulous and so inspiring! What size circle did you use for your flower? You just do a running stitch around the perimeter and gather it up? That's what I remember... so cute! love it!
Pam Going Postal

Elaine L. said...

Pat, This is just gorgeous inside and out! Love the colors and all the wonderful details you've used.

Brook said...

Sweet card. Love the tags inside.

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. Everything on it is so beautifully layed out. Beautiful coloring too. Love the cute image.

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Pat, thanks so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments. :)

I saw your card on the challenge blog and was blown away by it. Stunning. One of my favourite images (though I like the one where she is pulling the little boy!!) lol

You have coloured this beautifully and your DP, details and butterfly are all amazing.

Brilliant card and very inspirational.

hugs

xxalisonxx

Dawn Knapp said...

Hi Pat! I just found your blog and I absolutely love it!! I'm very new to copics and I only hope to one day be able to color like you. So beautiful!!

Angela said...

That is cute as can be! Just love your design and WONDERFUL coloring! What a sweet image! Makes me want to pull out my Mo images and make a card right now! Love this Pat! hugs, Angela

Cricket said...

Adorable! Love the colors and the layout.

cabio's craft corner said...

So cute. Love that adorable image and your coloring is perfect. That fabric & button flower is super cool. What a lovely card you made Pat :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is adorable! I love all of the details of this sweet card, Pat. The color combo and your coloring of the image are fabulous. Thanks for stopping by to comment on my challenge card this week. I appreciate the encouraging comments!

Iulia said...

Hi, Pat! This card is about how perfect coloring can make a whole lot of a difference. Love the papers and all the details you added to it but it would have been just as beautiful without. This image is simply gorgeous and the coloring is just brilliant. Love your choice of colors too.
That MS punch is also a must have:)
Lovely, sweet and elegant!
Hugs to you darlin' and thank you so much for visiting my blog. You're such a dear.
Couldn't make it to Mo this week; look forward to join you for the next challenge:)
Hugs and take care,
Iulia

Norma said...

Pat, this is just gorgeous. You do bring Mo’s images to life with your flawless colouring. Am loving the way you colour—your blending of colours is so seamless. Love the cool colour scheme. Your DP’s are just to die for—so pretty. Sorry, I’ve been few and far in between with my commenting, but life get in the way sometimes….LOL.

Hugs,
Norma