Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Around the World" with Mo Manning!

Hi blogging buddies!! Are you ready for another really fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog?!! I know I am!! Whooohooo...like I really need an excuse to play with these adorable images! hehehe!! Elaine, one of the very talented DT gals, is our host again this week...and she's challenged us to use "Around the World" as our theme!! Well, as you can imagine, my biggest challenge was deciding which of Mo's images to choose!!

Now...a quick aside here, remember last week when I made the simple little, mostly white card for our sweet Emma? That could very well have been one of the toughest cards I've ever made! This week I threw simplicity out the window and went with a "more is better" approach! Phewww...so good to have my mojo back!! Here's my card...featuring "Fan's Cricket" available here at Mo's Digital Pencil online store.

I must admit, this DP seemed perfect...although I can't tell you where it came from...other than to say it was at the bottom of my plastic storage bin under my futon!! LOL!!

And while I was rummaging around in my craftroom, I unearthed a very cool set of Stampin' Up stamps called "Asian Artistry". The Confucius quote is "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." I love it...words to live by!

And here's a little more info about my card...
Cardstock: Blushing Bride (Stampin Up)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Scrolls: Sizzix Dies
Corner cutout: Cuttlebug
Butterfly: MS punch
Ribbon: stash
Copic sketch markers...sorry, I didn't jot down the markers I used
And, finally...in keeping with the whole "ethnic theme", the pearls are from Mikimoto!! (Just tricking!!) <--- That's what our youngest granddaughter, Mia, says when she's been caught fibbing!! LOL!! So, there you go, my lovelies! Another fun week at Mo's!! Now...pop on over the Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog here and take a gander at the gorgeous artwork created by my fellow DT pals! Then...pull out your supplies and get crafting! Be sure to use at least one Mo Manning image...and come up with a project that exemplifies Elaine's "Around the World" theme!! Don't forget to enter your project in this week's Challenge # 66! We're anxious to see what you come up with!

Oh...and one more teensy thing...I'm going on a bit of a holiday...without internet access...so I'll check out your fabby creations when I get home. I promise to have a Pina Colada for you while I'm gone!! Yep...I'm quite the sacrificer, aren't I?!! hehehe! Until next time, sweet friends!

26 comments:

Kylie said...

oh WOW Pat! She's adorable! I love your paper too :)
Hugs
Kylie

Debbie said...

You lose your mojo, never Absolutely adorable and I love the expression on her face looking at her treasured grasshopper.

Have fun on your little holiday, but please don't have one pina colada for me,have two.

Enjoy
Hugs
Debbie

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

Tracy said...

Fantastic card Pat! You're right, the papers are perfect. Your image is just colored so beautifully. Lovely, lovely project! Have fun wherever you're off to. :-)

Dorcas said...

THis is really beautiful, Pat!

Lisette Morris said...

This is just precious! Have a wonderful time on your Holiday!

Teri said...

Oh soooo sweet!! I just loved your card the other day and I love this one, too!!!!! You layer and embellie sooo perfectly!!! Have a super great time on your vacation, enjoy and relax and dream up some new creations!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card Pat, adorable image, just love the colours you've chosen and beautiful flowers too!
Kelly.x

Corinne said...

Pat your card is simply adorable. Love the colors and the image is so cute.
Hugs~
Corinne

Dawn B. said...

Pat this is beautiful.. Your embellishments really bring your theme all together.. Love this.. Have a great holiday and bring me back some sun..

The Wired Angel said...

Beautifully done, Pat.. the papers are just perfect for this image. Super card! Peggy x

Christina C. said...

Pat, your card is absolutely stunning. Beautiful work!!!!

Sheila said...

Pat this is utterly devine!!, I'm so in love with your card.
Papers....gorgeous!!, image... beautifully coloured to perfection!!, colour combo.. utterly devine!!.. you ROCK!! my friend you really do.
Have a fabulous holiday try not to miss us too much :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Leslie Avila said...

Pat,
Love Asian themed cards. I'm going to check out those stamps. She is adorable! Loving your soft color palette. Just all around loveliness.
Happy "almost" Friday!
Leslie
P.S. I love that you used the word "gander". Lol

Cathy said...

Pat, I love your soft sweet Asian card. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

This is outstanding, Pat! Your paper and layout work so beautifully together! Your coloring is stunning! Love all the beautiful embellishments and the softness of the whole card. Wonderful creation...now go and enjoy your cruise dear one...hugs...Barb

Candy said...

Have a great holiday Pat :o)
Your card is out of this world!!!
The paper you found couldn't be a better match for this image!
Love your beautiful colouring and decorating on this one.
It is fabulous in every way.
Hugs, Candy

Elaine L. said...

This is so lovely, Pat! The papers and soft colors are just perfect with the image you've used.

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely beautiful, Pat!!! I love the colors and your coloring is out of this world gorgeous!!! Have a fabulous vacation!!
hugs, Sharon

Kiki said...

Hi pat!

This is so amazing. Your card looks so soft and elegant. Your coloring is fantastic as always. And all those lovely details - gorgeous!

Have a nice weekend.

Hugs, Kiki

Sandy said...

Now how did all these people get here before me! Cute card and where in the world did you get the Chinese letter/word from -- I love it.
Ahhhh soooo cute! Have fun dear heart and thank you for all your help with my marriage!!!!!

Sandy

Ribbon Girl said...

Great card and have a nice holiday! Mary G x

Marianne said...

Hi Pat, I found your blog through your visit on mine and I was amazed. It's stunning what you make. You matching colors are very beautiful. You gave me, by going through your blog, a lot of inspiration for the next year!
This card is also beautifull. I also love the stamps from Mo.
Have a nice holiday and I'm looking forwards for your next creation.
Hugs Marianne

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie a gorgeous creation i love the colours, the papers are fab too, big hugs love pops x x x

cabio's craft corner said...

Your card is too very sweet Pat!! The adding of the butterfly is so cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous card, Pat. Beautiful colouring, stunning design and the sentiment is perfect. Enjoy your Pina Colada! Warmest wishes, Lesley