Thursday, January 13, 2011

Emma will be 12!

Hi sweet friends. I told you I'd be back...and, yep, sure enough, here I am...back!! Today I have a card featuring a sweet little 'tween girl playing video games. This adorable image is yet another brainchild of the uber talented Mo Manning! Now, listen, kiddos, if ya haven't been over to Mo's, take a few minutes and pop on over there...no WAIT!! First finish reading my post...because if you're anything like me, once you start looking at all of Mo's delicious artwork in her online store - available as digi images and perfect for instant gratification - you won't want to leave! LOL!

Now this week's challenge comes to us courtesy of fellow DT member, Elaine...who has chosen "Playtime - kids & their toys" as our theme! Well, since Emma (our first "grandbaby") turns 12 in just a few short weeks, this cute Mo image called "Video Girl" (available HERE at Mo's Digital Pencil shop) seemed perfect! Em is at that age where she can be talking about clothes and "accessories" one minute and volleyball and video games the next!! OK...I'll stop babbling and show you what I came up with...


I've seen so many gorgeous white-on-white cards lately...so I thought I'd try my hand at making one! Well, let me say this...easier said than done!! I struggled with the simplicity...I'm so accustomed to lots and lots of frills and embellies...that this card actually feels naked to me! arrggh! You can see that I did have to break down and add a few "goodies"...for example...I secured the image flush against the embossed white cardstock...but then popped up the die-cut frame on foam dimensionals...giving it an interesting 3-D effect.

Note the cool purple sneakers! Emma got a new pair of those this year from Santa Claus!

I added a couple of die-cut corners (by Cuttlebug)...some matching ribbon and buttons...and, one of my fave embellies...this fabulous paper flower made with my Magnolia Doohickey Die!!



Thanks again for stopping by for a peek at my latest paper creation...I'm going to try the white-on-white technique again since I kinda cheated this time by adding so much color! hehehe! Oh...and be sure to take a look at the other DT creations...they are - in a word - exquisite! Then...put on your creative thinking caps, pull out your supplies and your fave Mo Manning image(s), and get busy craftin'! Just make sure you enter your creation into this week's challenge at Mo's HERE...because, once again, one lucky winner (chosen at random) will win a new digi image from Mo's Digital Pencil online store. I can't wait to see what you come up with! OK...now that you've finished reading my post, you can go shopping HERE!! LOL! Thanks again...until next time....

25 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad I am peeking in before I head out to work... This is adorable, a perfect tween card. love the purple, a color I find I don't use enough.. and as for that image, well, it's a perfect rendition of a child in front of a video game. Is it Ok, now that I read all of your post that I swing by and check out the rest of the images?

Hugs Debbie

Karen's Fun Blog said...

This is so pretty!! : )

Elaine L. said...

Pat, this card is lovely! Your coloring of the image is perfect, of course, and the layout and embellishments are wonderful.

Sharon Keanly said...

Ohhh Pat, this is a fabulous card. That flower is to die for! Stunning design, love all the elements on it and fabulous colouring. Wow!!!

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous Pat! Love the purple and white and the sneakers are just awesome!

Donalda said...

Oh this is just beautiful dear and I am sure your granddaughter will love it. I know I would and its even in my favorite color lol Hugs

Tracy V. said...

I love it pat!!! I have done the video boy before, but now i want the girl!!! Adorable!!!!! Oh and congrats on the Mo' DT!! I dont know how I missed that...awesome for you. Love Mo's images!! ;-)
Tracy

Christina C. said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

She's a maniac, maniac with the video games and she's playing like she's never played before. I think these images are good for your creative spark! Cute card Pat!
Sandy

Cathy said...

Pat, love your coloring of the tween. Love everything about your card and thanks for showing a close up of your beautiful flower. Wonderful Challenge card!!

Candy said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL in it's simplicity!!
Gorgeous colouring, Pat.
Love the embossing, fancy corners, raised frame and that gorgeous flower. The purple touches make it sing.
The focus is definitely Mo's wonderful image.
I did Mo's boy card like this one for my nephew last February when he turned 13. He had dyed his wonderful blond hair jet back and purple - so I coloured it just like him - it was a big hit!
Big hugs, Candy

Ribbon Girl said...

Perfect for a teenage girl and your paper flower is gorgeous! Mary G

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A fantabulous card Pat, and perfect for the occasion! The purple and white are so striking...gorgeous x

Sabina said...

hello,
thank you for your very nice comment, i' am happy when you like my calendar :-)
If you want one for your office i make you a exemplar...send me your adress.
I looked your great cards on your blog. compliments.
hugs Sabina

Sheila said...

Love this one Pat, gorgeous purple one of my fave colours of all time!, Emma will be stoked with it it's a great tween card.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous!
Beautiful colours and design:)
I love the image and your colouring is fantastic.
Hugs, Heidi;)

Iulia said...

Hi!
Your "grandbaby" will be certainly thrilled about this card! It is very elegant (for the "fashionably" side of her)and for the "boyish" side... well, the image speaks by itself:))I love Mo's images, they are so meaningful, and one can easily discover a familiar figure in them!
Love the magnolia die too! One more thing I've got to have!
Hugs and have a great week!
Iulia

Gwendolyn said...

This is card is lovely! The colouring is so pretty!

Hugs Gwendolyn

Pops x said...

Stunning you do such gorgeous work big hugs pops x x x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Happy Birthday Emma! A fab make, the colours are very pretty, Pat. She just needs a volleyball next to her purple sneakers! Hugs, Lesley

Tine said...

Fab card Pat and congratulations on being picked for the DT here.
Tine :)

Teri said...

Awesome card, Pat!! Mo's images certainly are fabulous!!! I love the way you did the card, and I don't think it looks like it's missing a thing!!!! Your Emma will adore it!!!
Hugs,
teri

PepPop said...

Gorgeous card Pat - I love your colouring on the image, especially the shoes matching Emma's ones. Jaqui x

Janie Printz said...

What a beautiful card & colored so wonderfully ... Reminds me of my granddaughter playing one of her games. Love all your embellihments & the purple sneakers are too cute.
Love that cool flower too.
Hugs, Janie

Cheryl of Sassy Cheryl's said...

Your card is Gorgeous Pat, as is ALL of your work. Thanks for sharing the link!!!