Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peach = pastel ORANGE, right?!

Hi friends...it's me again!! LOL! Gosh, it seems like ages since our last Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog challenge!! Hope you all had a beautiful holiday...and that you're starting to settle into 2011. Can you believe, we've all just recovered from Winter Holiday cards...and we're moving head-first into Valentine's Day and soon afterwards, St. Patrick's Day and Easter!! So many cards to make...and sooooo many fun images...and never quite enough time!! So, in the interest of time...I'll get right to it...

Our color challenge this month comes to us courtesy of our very own, crazy talented, DT sister, Cabio Tse!! She chose ORANGE & GREEN!! And here's the photo she found to "inspire" us all....


Isn't this just the most gorgeous flower?! Sooooooooo, since I'm not so much into bright orange, I opted for the "pastel" version...which is PEACH!!. And, ta-daaaa...here's my card....


I used "Peachy Tilda" and "Tilda Picking Peaches" (mini) available at Magnolia-licious HERE.

I masked "Peachy Tilda" and stamped mini "Tilda Picking Peaches" so that she appears to be standing behind...giving some nice perspective. I must give a shout out to the uber-talented Magnolia-licious Highlites DT member, Mindy Baxter. (I borrowed this fab idea from one of her Christmas Cards! Thanks for the great inspiration, Mindy!) I rather like the effect...and it was soooo easy! I will definitely use this technique again with my "minis"!

Here are a couple of side views...



And, of course, the token "artsy" view (well, my version of "artsy" anyway! LOL!)

I decided to keep the inside pretty simple...but I did add another of those darling mini Tilda's...this one is the smaller version of "Peachy Tilda" available, of course, HERE at Magnolia-licious.




Here's my card "recipe"...
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel & Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Paper w/peaches (Magnolia), and rest came from my stash
Inks: Tuxedo black (Memento), Creamy Caramel (used to "dirty" up the edges) and Chocolate Chip (SU)
Ribbon & Lace: stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Cuttlebug Embossing folder - "Retro Kitchen"
Trellis Punch (Martha Stewart)
Sentiment: LOTV
And Nestabilities circle & scallop dies, as well as Fiskars corner rounder
Copics:
Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000; Cheeks: R20
Greens: G28, 24, 21, 20, YG93
Hair: YR21, 20, E35, 99
Oranges: YR02, 00, 0000, 12; Y23
White: N1, 0, BG000
Peaches: YR02, 00, 0000, Y2
Leaves: G20, 24, 99
Pinafore: G21, 20, YG000
Green boots: G20, 21, 94; Brown boots: E35, 33, 31, 30
Ground: C2 & 1
Shadows: W1 & 00
And I used W3 & W2 to tone down the greens & peaches

OK kids...this is the longest post in the history of posts, I think. Now...pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog HERE and check out the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the Design Team. They're just stunning...trust me!! Then, after you do that, pull out your craft supplies and get busy on your own challenge entry! One lucky winner (chosen at random) will win a $25.00 gift certificate to spend on anything your heart desires at Magnolia-licious. Oh...and did you know...Diana Crick (owner of Magnolia-licious) is the SOLE DISTRIBUTOR in North America for the Magnolia Minis!!! Just think how many minis you could get with $25.00!!!

That's it for me! (I know...you're probably thinking...that's more than enough, crazy lady!! hehehehe!) Thank you soooooo much for stopping by for a visit...and, as always, thank you for your kind comments that truly make me smile all over my face!! Until next time...

40 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Pat, this is so creative. Love the combination of the regular and mini Tilda used together on this card and they go so well together. Your card is not only a beauty, but very elegant too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Pat, I love your colour combo and your colouring is stunning.A beautiful card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Patti Jo said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!!! Love the peachy gals and your colors! Fantastic layout inside and out Pat! Beautiful work!!!

Kylie said...

STUNNING Pat! I love everything, from the rounded corners to the "soft orange" hehe. The inside is gorgeous!
Hugs
Kylie xx

Iulia said...

You DT people always come with something new! Now, we, the others:)) are supposed to be as imaginative as possible to acquire some bits of interest too:)) I was joking!
Well, you know better you have a great card there, beautifully colored and so:) These are two of my favorite Tilda. Great papers and I really need that MS Trellis Punch too. It looks fantastic and also gives dimension.
Just great!
Hugs, iulia

Maria Therese said...

Cuuute card Pat!!!

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh Pat, this is absolutely ADORABLE. I'll have to get me some of those sentiments. Love all the layers,and your colouring is superb. Wonderful design for the inside too... Love it! hugs Sharon

becca said...

I agree with you Pat - peach = pastel orange! This is so my type of colour and I love what you have done with it. Your card is beautiful!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Wow!! Stunning card, I love it!! : )

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card Pat, love the use of the mini.....

Angela said...

Pat this is such a clever scene! Love how you've combined these 2 Tilda images! And your coloring is just lovely my friend! Wonderful card layout too! Flowers are displayed beautifully and I love the border punch layered under your lace. So so pretty! hugs, Angela

Jean said...

Goodness Pat, no wonder sometimes I think I am not good enough to enter anything (well most times) just look at who I am compteing against.. each of you are so great and have such beautiful cards and coloring is so perfect on your card.. your "artsy" layout is so gorgeous as is your masking of Tilda and your flower placement.. then we go to the inside and you say it is just plain and simple.. wow it is, wow..... Yes this is a hard card to follow for me.. but I will try... Thanks for sharing..
Hugs, Jean

Regina said...

So gorgeous !! I LOVE this!! Love the colours you have chosen and this Tilda image is so cute!!!

Rene said...

Oh Pat, can I even begin to describe how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card?!? It is so GORGEOUS! (Sorry, I will quit "shouting" at you now!). I love the colors, the layout, those fantastic details...perfection!
Rene :D
P.S. Can you tell I really really really love this card?!? ;)

Teri said...

Pat, this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The soft colors, the images, the punches and your "simple" (haha!) inside!!!! Perfect in every way!!! I love it!!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Sandy said...

Hey Tabby - I have seen people go on for days on their blog - your writing was quiet short actually.
I must say, if I don't copy the inside of this card, it's not because I didn't try. And yes, please tell Rene not to shout so loud - I thought oranges were orange and peaches were peach -- I knew I had trouble with colors.
Love you!
Sandy

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! Love all your fabulous detailing, and your coloring is perfect! I really like the rounded corners too! Amazing work as always, Pat! I will have to borrow the idea about using the minis for perspective! What an awesome look!
hugs, Sharon

Myrna said...

This is super sweet Pat! Love the addition of the minis!

Barb Hardeman said...

Yes! Peach is pastel orange,and I must say I would have a hard time working with bright orange! You, however, pulled this off so successfully with your punch backgrounds, beautiful flowers and two awesome images combined together to make such a cute scene! Beautifully done my friend!
Muggies,
Barb

charlene said...

Pat that is just the cutest little card ! Love your coloring and your everything about it... I think I will be casing this idea for sure if your don't mind :)
Hugs

Leslie Avila said...

Love your interpretation of the challenge. Definitely a stand out card for me! You've got talent girlfriend!

Blessings to you~
Leslie

megline said...

Georgous card,
Hugs, Line

Card Crazy said...

What a wonderful combination. Beautiful peachy color and the two cutest Tildas! The minis are such a great addition to the Maggie line.
Sue S.

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image really sweet, gorgeous colours and papers too, big hugs love Pops x x x

Shelly said...

Oh, so pretty Pat! I'm loving the soft pastel colors you used. Gorgeous soft coloring =) You are so talented!
hugs,
Shell

Jacque said...

Pat, this is absolutely darling...love the perspective you created for the major focus...beautiful coloring...and those colors are so yummy!! HUgs for you..Jacque

Pam S. said...

lovely creation Pat! Gorgeous Tilda coloring and the scene with mini Tilda in the background is fabulous!
Pam Going Postal

Candy said...

Hi Pat!
I have to confess that the bright orange scared the dickens out of me too! I thought of pastels until I found paper I didn't know I had LOL
Your card is beautiful in all its wonderful details - WOW!
Love the use of the mini Tilda in the background making such a wonderful scene.
Your wide punch with the lace and ribbon make your card so elegant.
Your colouring is perfect. Beautiful work!
Hugs, Candy

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Pat, OH!!! This is so sweet! Love the idea of stamping minis behind, it creates a wonderful scene...(idea to remember: thank you). Gorgeous colors, love the pastel tones: soft and delicate. The inside of your card, isjust as lovely.
TFS. Hugs. Danielle.

Kath McMahon said...

What a lovely card. I haven't really seen anything so far using the minis, and I think you have used it well. Not only do I get to see a great card, I can see a size comparison

Grenouille Greetings said...

When I saw the new challenge was orange and green I thought "uh oh" but I love your take on it. Peach is definitely pale orange in my mind and your peach and soft sagey green works a treat. A stunning card, Pat. Delightful! Warmest wishes, Lesley

MyAuntKath said...

Wow, oh, wow! This is such a great card! I love the use of the mini in the background! The colors are beautiful--love all the matching peach. love, love, lov Kathie

Cricket said...

Your card is beautiful!

Julie said...

Orange and green is a challenge color palate, and you have done an absolutely fabulous job! I love this card. It is gorgeous!

Hugz,
Julie

jodyb said...

Hi Pat!
OMG, your card is gorgeous! Love the colors! Your technique is to die for..... hope to see you again soon!
Love ya! Jody (Va. Beach)

Kelly Neis said...

This card is perfect in every way, I love it.

Tanya R said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the pastels!
Hugs
Tanya

PepPop said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love the colours and what a clever idea to use the mini-Tilda. Jaqui x

shaz*crafts said...

What a beautifaul card WOW!!!
Youre work is stunning Sharonx

Norma said...

Yeah, peach works for me--I love peaches, the fruit (yum yum) and the colour too. Pat, gorgeous gorgeous card. Love your use of multiple images and the minis to boot. I must try the masking idea myself--thanks. Fabulous colouring as always and your DP's are gorgeous. Aaah, they inside of your card is beautiful also.

Hugs,
Norma