Thursday, January 6, 2011

Remember when...

Hi kiddos...I hope you're having a fabulous week so far! Only a few days into 2011 and my desk at work is already piling up (LOL!)...and I find myself longing for the weekend so I can get into some serious craft-therapy!! Coloring and creating are such fun!! Know what else is fun? Coloring images by the uber talented artist, Mo Manning!!! And...know what's really, really exciting? This is my first post as DT member for Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Challenge Blog!!! So...without further ado...


This little darlin' is a new creation of Mo's called "Wonderful Day"...and she was available for free this past weekend on Mo's Facebook Page. That's right...I said FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! No kidding...frequently Mo shares her new images with her Facebook Friends before she adds them to her online store HERE...so, if you aren't already one of Mo's "friends", pop on over to her Facebook page HERE and check out what's happening around the crafting world...and make some fun new friends too!!

Now...this week's challenge is "Looking Back – Go Retro to the style of 30’s 40’s 50’s or 60’s"...and comes to us compliments of fellow DT sistah, Elaine...who wants us all to take a little trip back in time!

So...since I grew up in the 50's & 60's, I went with some of the kitchy colors and patterns from my childhood! And this little darling reminded me of simpler times when I was a kid. We ate apples straight from our neighbor's tree...and played kickball in the street...and walked to school in 4 feet of snow, uphill both ways! hehehe!!


Here's a quick "side view"...


And, finally, here's the "recipe" for this little "retro cutie"...

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pear Pizazz, Melon Mambo, & So Saffron (SU)
DPs: October Afternoon
Ribbon: So Saffron (SU)
Flowers & those cute little brads in the corner: my stash
Inks & markers: Memento Tuxedo Black & Vintage Photo Distress Ink for edges
Copics:


Thanks soooooo much for stopping by for a peek at my latest creation. Now...pull out one of your fave Mo Manning images and get busy making your own "Retro" project for this week's challenge! Oh, one last thing...this is cool...one lucky participant (chosen at random) will win a free Mo Manning image!! Whooohooo!! Happy crafting!

28 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. Love your image and the colors are just so pretty dear. Again Big Congrats on your Dt position dear. Hugs

Debbie said...

It's 6:12am and I had to do something on the computer, and am so glad I checked out your blog so that I didn't miss this... You Go Girl!!! this is so retro..love the Pinks and greens they go so well together. Will definately check out the facebook page.

Have a great day..have to head out to work in a few..

Debbie

Dena said...

Super duper cute Pat! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

Dawn B. said...

Pat this turned out great.. I love the sentiment you used.. So glad to have you on the team.. Can't wait to get to know you better. Congrats.

Dorcas said...

I'm really lovin this, pat!

paola said...

Great minds think alike! snap! Fab coloring and design my friend, love how you added the sentiment on one of your layers, GREAT to have you on the team.
smiles
Paola

Deeeeeeeeeeeee said...

As usual, crazy neat! You forgot to add that not only did we walk to school up hill both ways, but we also only had one shoe/boot to share!! Ahhhhhh, those were the days! CONGRATS on your new DT achievement!

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, i love this, love the colours you have chosen too,big hugs love Pops x x x

Cathy said...

Pat: What a wonderful card. Love the colors and your coloring and layout are great. Welcome to the DT, can't wait to see more of your beautiful work!!!

Janie Printz said...

Wonderful card & oh so beautifully colored ... Love all the elements & that sweet Mo image.
Hugs, Janie

Iulia said...

Happy New Year and congrats on your DT position! You have a super cute card here, just the way I like them:) I'm not very sure what retro exactly stands for when it comes to cardmaking, but I'm doing a bit of research by visiting some talented ladies' blogs:). I wouldn't want to miss any of Mo's challenges! Thanks for the inspiration!
Warmest wishes, iulia

Elaine L. said...

Pat, So happy you are on the team! This card is perfect for the theme. I love the patterns colors and wonderful details!

Linda Carson said...

I saw your card on the challenge blog & just had to come by to comment! WOW! What a delightful card! Love the layout & colors plus your coloring! Then I see you made Mo's dt! Yea for you! Looks like a perfect fit!

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful layout design Pat and it is such a cheery and happy card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

meeshka said...

What a fab card, Pat! So much thought has gone into it. Love the colours and patterns you've used... very retro! Exceptional colouring skills :) and a lovely little story to go with it :D

Congrats on the DT position... you must be thrilled to be on the team.

Hugs, Meesh. xx

Welmoed said...

Thank you for you lovely comment on my blog! Your card is beautiful and you coloring....wow! Super! Can you give a workshop over here in the netherlands.....!!!???
I will follow you on you blog...and it is great to see you as dt member by any blog!!!
Welmoed

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Pat! You and Paola must be twins! Your minds are in sync this week!! Your card is gorgeous, your coloring skills are more than exceptional and your choice of dp and the layout are stunning. AND...what fabby news to hear of your new DT appointment. WoooHooo!
Big congrats hugs,
Barb

Rach said...

oh this is just adorable, what a awesome card, love the colours the image .. flowers.. everything.xx

joey said...

Hi Pat

Congrats on becoming a full time DT member over on Mo's Challenge. I adore your card, the vibrancy of colours, and the layout is gorgeous, I agree her little nose is too cute!!!

Joey xx

Tracy V. said...

Hello Pat!!! Long time, I know...those holidays I tell you. Wow..you have been doing some awesome things. You changed the look of your blog too..yes? Anyways, I love the background! I wanted to let you know that I left an award on my blog for you!! ;-)
Http://tracysstampingcorner.blogspot.com

Tracy Valure

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Pat!!

Tracy said...

First off let me thank you for the sweet comment on my blog and the tip about the Cryogen paper. Next . . . WOWZA! I just looked through several of the cards you've posted recently on your blog and you are one uber-talented lady! No wonder you made the Dream Team. :) I really am hooked on Mo's images. My wallet is screaming-NO! but I know I'll be buying more so you'll probably find me hanging around DP2 some more. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sheila said...

Hi Pat like you I'm also a child of the 50's..:-), I love this little cutie she is such a sweetie, love your Lime Green & Pink combo.
Really looking forward to working alongside you on the team.
Happy New year to you and I hope 2011 is a great one for you Pat.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Happy New Year, Pat. I am finally catching up with my blogging adn this card is a beauty! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Sandy said...

Hey fabby tabby hoody woody - did you miss me? A cute card Pat and now I am gonna have to enter at least 3 challenges a month - oh woe is me! The Carolina Stamper rocks and I can't wait for you to move to South Carolina! Love your cards oh lady friend - I guess the way you spell talent is PAT!
Love you!
Sandy

Violets Corner said...

What a wonderful card, it's totally adorable, love the colours and the colouring.

Hugs
Maarit

Shelly said...

Another cute card Pat! Congrats on making the DT for Mo's, I'm doing a happy dance for you. I really like how you did the different nesties for the frame, brilliant. Lots of beautiful bling on your flowers and your coloring is divine! Thank you for leaving your sweet words on my blog, hun.
hugs,
Shell

Barb said...

Pat, congrats on your DT spot at Mo's! I am crazy about Mo's images and what you did with this card is fantastic. Thank you for your generous and kind comment on my blog. Looking at your profile I see you live in one of my favorite states and like to haunt B & N, too. I'm looking forward to following your blog and more of your gorgeous creations.

Barb