Monday, June 28, 2010

To have and to hold...





Hi everyone. Well, here we are at the end of another perfectly wonderful - but far too short - weekend!! I spent a good portion of the weekend in my craftroom...between hanging with my handsome hubby and chatting with my sister in MN where they had really, really bad storms! Thankfully, my MN family members are fine.

So here's a little wedding card I made...I used Lady Tilda from the Fairytale collection...and masked her...and stamped little groom Edwin so he's standing slightly behind Tilda. I'm pretty pleased with how the card turned out. I want to thank my sweet friend, Sandy (in NC), who surprised me with this paper a while back. Thanks Sandy!! So...here's the "recipe"...

Cardstock: SU Pretty in Pink and Close to Cocoa
DPs: Confetti collection from Papermania
Ribbon, lace, & charm: stash
FlowersL Wild Orchid Crafts
Baubles: from Stamping Bella
Nestabilities: Peony
Copics: E11, 00, 000, R20 (skin), E35, YR21 & 20 (Tilda's hair...and I added E99 to Edwin's hair),R20, 21, 00, & 0000 (Tilda's dress), R29, 24, 22, & 20 (Tilda's headband & flower, and Edwin's tie & corsage), C5, 3,2, 0 (Edwin's tux...I added C7 for his shoes), G28, 24, & 00 (leaves).

I also roughed up some of the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool, and darkened some of the edges with Creamy Caramel ink from SU. So, that's what I've been up to this weekend. I hope yours was wonderful too! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Have a beautiful week. See you soon. Pat

22 comments:

Peggie said...

What a great wedding card. Love these two together. Love the lace and ribbons.

Card Crazy said...

Very dainty and elegant. Just lovely.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Pat! This card is just gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love how you put the lace around your couple and your coloring is fabulous! What a great idea to mask those two together. The flowers make the card so elegant! Wonderful job...hugs...Barb

Leonie said...

O wow! i so love how you have used Lady Tilda as the bride. She looks so perfect! love the lace, love the colours. Just gorgeous!
Hugs Leonie

Julie said...

Pat - This card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the use of those images as a bride and groom. Wonderful!

A Cards Delight said...

This is drop dead gorgeous! WOW, it is so beautiful and elegant. Love it

Diana Crick said...

Simply put...STUNNING, love the shabby chic feel and love the ruffle around the background circle, beautiful!
hugs, Diana

Candy said...

Beautiful!!!! Love your papers, ruffle of lace and gorgeous colouring!
Hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Very pretty & classy card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Anne Kristine said...

Oh..my... so beautiful card!
Hugs, Anne

Monique said...

It's gorgious !!

Hugs Monique

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous card Pat..It has a real shabby chic look, which I love. Great job on the masking and Lady Tilda works so well as 'Bride Tilda'
hugs
Jennifer

Jean said...

A simply gorgeous card, love the vintage look and your every detail is so perfect... love your layout.. Great card.
Hugs, Jean

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Pat your card is stunning! Love all the fine little details and your coloring is beautiful!

Blessings,
Gloria

Rene said...

What a gorgeous card! Everything about it is so soft and romantic!!

Myrna said...

Awesome card Pat! Very nice job with your coloring.

Christina C. said...

Your card is gorgeous, Pat....so romantic! Love your choice of images for this beautiful card!

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! Love the colors.
Hugs
Cordine

Pam said...

Beautiful card, Pat! You have hit it with this combination of image and papers! Fabulous Distress Ink!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Tracy S said...

So darlin! The masking is perfect. Love these two together. LOVE the roses and sprigs too.. they are the perfect touch.

kraftykylie said...

Hey Your card is absolutely stunning!! Everything works so well together and Tilda and Edwin are coloured beautifully!!!
Big Smiles Kylie :D

Debby said...

WOW!This card is beautiful .Went through your blog.You are very talented ,such lovely cards .Love how you decorate them from inside too.
Putting your blog in my favorites;)
Debby