Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rose petals...




Hi everyone. Well, thanks to all of your wonderful comments, I actually took the plunge and made a card with a little Tilda image that I painted with distress inks. OMG!! It took me THREE times to get her right. But, I'm pretty pleased with how this little lady turned out! So thank you all for your kind comments and great support!!

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Tilda from the Wedding 2010 collection; sentiment from SU (Whimsical Words)
Cardstock: SU (Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery)
DPs: K & Company
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: stash
Nestabilities label # 10 and my trusty Cuttlebug
Inks: Versafine black, Rose red (for sentiment), and Tim Holtz distress inks (Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo - skin; Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen -dress & anklets; Shabby Shutters & Bundled Sage - basket; Bundled Sage - ground; Vintage Photo & Brushed Corduroy - hair; Aged Mahogony - rose petals & hair ornament; Black Soot - shoes).
I also used stickles for the rose petals and hair ornament, Glossy Accents for her shoes, and Copic C0 for a slight shadow around the image.

Those little pink dew drop baubles are from Stampin Bella. I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool and added a bit of Vintage Photo to make it look ever so vintage!!

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I hope you enjoy looking at my very FIRST distress-inked card.

And, just in case you just MUST HAVE this card, it is available at my online Etsy shop...I'd love for you to stop by and check out my inventory.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a beautiful rest of the week! (It's almost the weekend! YAY!) Pat

24 comments:

Magical Land said...

This is very pretty and very vintage indeed!!!!!! You have done a wonderful job of the coloring :)

Hugs,
Noreen

Patti Jo said...

Your coloring is Fabulous! Love the colors you've chosen to go with your papers to look vintage! Great card design too! Beautiful work Pat!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

And pleased you SHOULD be, Pat! You did a beautiful job coloring with the distress inks, and I hear you on having to try three times to get it right! It's such a different technique than coloring with Copics! I love the outcome of your card, the dp's are gorgeous and the vintage looks is wonderful with this darling Tilda. I want to color her up next! Beautiful, beautiful work, but would expect nothing less from someone as talented as YOU! ;-)
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

Oh she is beautiful! The entire card is beautiful! Well done!!!

ultraroyale said...

Kudos on the card. The coloring is great. The overall cards is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Bob L.
www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

sandy said...

I agree with all the above -- next I think you should do a swimming Tilda!
Love you - Sandy

Gloria J. Dawson said...

Beautiful card Barb and Tilda is colored perfectly! Would never know it was your first try with distress inks!

Blessings,
Gloria

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty coloring and lovely distressing for this cute image. Nice & elegant card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Christina C. said...

What a fabulous card!! You did a super job with those distress inks...maybe I'll give it a try....sigh!!!

Myrna said...

Great job on your Tilda with distress inks!

megline said...

Pretty card, love the soft colors.
Hugs Line

Peggie said...

Oh so very pretty. Love the pinks and greens. Great coloring.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Pat, this is so lovely. The colors are beautiful and you did a fantastic job with Tilda.

Candy said...

Wonderfully painted!!!!! Such a gorgeous card - pretty papers and flowers.
Hugs, Candy

Kathy Gerace said...

Wonderful job, Pat! Tilda is just so beautiful. Don't you just love that die shaped like an old-fashioned standing mirror?
Kathy Gerace

Maureen said...

Wow Pat, what a great card and wonderful colouring!!! Your use of the distress inks is fantastic, and pairing it up with distressed papers is brilliant!

kraftykylie said...

Hey Pat,
I love your card its gorgeous!!1 Beautiful colouring and papers!!

Silvie Z said...

Hi Pat,
Amazing card! Love, love, love the colors and the DPs! The distress edges look gorgeous, too!
Hugs,
Silvie from France

judifarr said...

Pat, I don't think it matters what medium you use, your talent just shines through. Everything is perfect as usual. Another beautiful creation. Congrats on your latest accomplishment! Could you please share your source for the adorable charms you always have for your cards. Thanks. Judi

Dena said...

My goodness Pat this is GORGEOUS!!! Love those K&Co. papers they are always so perfect for the pretty Tildas. Your distressing is beautiful and lastly I think you did one bang up job on the distressed inks. They are always my medium of choice!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Pam said...

Hi Pat,
Fabulous card! I love your distress inking, and all the DP's coordinate so well. Great accents...love the dew drops!
TTIF!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Barb F said...

such a pretty card! Great job coloring, too! Hugs,

Tracy S said...

this is stunning! I love the vintage feel to it and the inking that you did

A Cards Delight said...

This is so beautiful! Love it!