Monday, June 7, 2010

You are my umbrella...




Hi everyone. Well...another wonderful weekend...hope you all had a chance to relax. I had a lazy 2 days...and it was absolutely fantabulous!! I got a chance to finish a card and color a couple of images...oh, and I had some time to do some online shopping for new craft supplies! Seriously...I only purchased things that I need!!! So...here's a little card I created for my sister, Dee. (I have to send her an email and tell her not to check out my blog this week!) She's such a great sister...and I am just so thankful that she's my friend too. She really is my "umbrella in the storms of life"! So...here's my card recipe:

Cardstock: Stampin Up; DPs are from my scrap stash
Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs
Pearls, ribbon, & charm: my stash
Copics: Skin - E11, 00, 000, 0000, & R21 for cheeks; raincoat, umbrella, & boots - R89, 85, 83, 81; Hair - E25, 99, 33, & YR21; Puddle- BG72 & 10; shadow - C1.
I used Inkssentials Glossy Accents for ti;da's raincoat, boots, umbrella, and puddle; aqua stickles for the raindrops; and cotton candy stickles for the lace on Tilda's umbrella and to outline the image that was cut out w/my Cuttlebug & Nestabilities.

I hope you enjoy her...I generally use lighter colors, but wanted to color this image with "jewel" tones just for Dee! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week!! Pat

22 comments:

Card Crazy said...

I am so glad you remembered to send your blog address. This is just beautiful. I know your sister will be moved by the beauty and thoughtfulness of this card. I sure am.

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, this is just STUNNING! Love the colors and coloring! The ribbon behind the frame is fabulous, as is the entire card!
hugs!
Sharon

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning, Pat! Just stunning. I love your ribbon treatment, how wonderfully creative! Your coloring is wonderful and your paper is utterly divine!
Hugs,
Barb

Peggie said...

Lovely card. Love the pinks. Great use of the ribbons.

Scrappinangler said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is impeccable! ~Tori

Leonie said...

o wowsers!! This is amazing!! Love how you have done the ribbon treatment under the nestie shape. Colours and paper are just beautiful too
Hugs leonie

Jean said...

Pat, this is so adorable.. love your layout and the coloring is just wonderful... your ribbon behind the nestibililty is gorgeous. love your inside also.
Perfect card..
Hugs, Jean

A Cards Delight said...

This card is breath taking! I love the sentiment, the umbrella charm, the ribbon going around the Nestie, bow, roses and pearls! Can you tell I really love it!!

Candy said...

What a fabulous card!! LOVE your ribbon treatment and your colouring is perfect :o)
Hugs, Candy

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, another beautiful creation. I agree with all the previous comments. This card is spectacular! Soon you'll be on several design teams, hopefully the Magnolicious team. Then maybe you can quit your nursing job and spend time creating, creating. Judi

paola said...

I'M GOBSMACKED!!! This is STUNNING!! shall i send you my address? I am nuts for pink, you have done a fabulous job on this little darling
smiles
Paola

Silvie Z said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the strong colors and the ribbon behind the nestie!
Hugs
Silvie from France

cabio's craft corner said...

That is so stunning Pat. I love your ribbon treatment on the frame. Everything looks so gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Nancy said...

OMGAWD Pat...this is STUNNING!!! Everything about this card is PERFECT!!!! From the color choices to that stamp...I love love love this!! AWESOME job!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Shelley said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love all the ribbon detail. Great colours and great papers. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Cordine said...

great card!
Hugs
Cordine

Christine Riley said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you did the ribbon around the image. Love the coloring, colors, umbrella charm . . . I love everything! :)
Hugs, Christine

Kathy Gerace said...

What a beautiful card! You've done a fantastic job on every element of this card. Just wonderful!
Kathy Gerace

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Wow....what a beautiful card. I love all the details and colors.

Garnet said...

Love it!!!! I really like the ribbon turned out behind Tilda. And that little umbrella charm is darling.
Garnet

Dee said...

Yup, that's my card alright - and such sweet sentiments, too!!! You nut!! My husband the golf nerd even thought the card was awesome...for him to notice, that's something!!! This is so pretty - RICH colors!!! As I've said before the pics don't do it justice. THANK YOU - THANK YOU

Pam said...

So amazing! I love how you colored this image. You are such a talented creative lady!
Hugs,
Pam