Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We're doing "Sparkle & Shine" at Sassy Cheryl's . . .

Just when I thought I might be done with making Christmas cards and tags . . . my sweet hubby decided I should make just three more! hehe!!

Hey . . . hellooooooo! And Happy New Year!! That's right . . . today we officially close out 2013 so that tomorrow we can ring in 2014!! And to end and start things with a BANG, there's a new challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog where the theme is . . .

"Sparkle & Shine"
w/a Sassy Cheryl image, of course!

So . . . here's what I "whipped" together for my favorite guy to give to some of his fave co-workers . . . the nurses he works with!
OK . . . so here's the deal . . . I just discovered the coolest - and sparkliest - product!! 

Here's a brief and easy TUTORIAL . . .
I created and colored the tags, as always . . . but then applied some Versamark watermark clear ink all over the tag. I then immediately dusted the entire surface with Heat & Stick Powder (from Stampin' Up . . . I hear Judikins also makes a similar product). I heated the tag surface with my heating tool . . . then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds (also from Stampin' Up . . . although I suspect any very fine glitter will work as well) . . . and applied heat again, just to set the glitter. And VOILA! Glittery gorgeousness!! I love this stuff . . . and plan to use it often! 

Here are some closer views . . . 
You may recognize this cutie! It's my sweet Maddie, of course! This image is called "Warm Winter Cocoa" and is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's. Here's another tag . . . 
Say "hi" again to Lucy Lou! She's all dressed up like a Christmas Tree! This little darlin' is one of the images in the "It Takes One to Know One" digi set . . . and can be found HERE in the "Oldies but Goodies" section of Sassy Cheryl's online store. And, next up, a closer look at the last tag in today's collection . . . 
This sweetheart is Sassy Sally . . . and the image, titled "Tangled Up Christmas Caroler," is available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's! Such a fun addition to any gift!!
 
Ohhhh . . . wait . . . one more thing . . .
Sassy Cheryl's is having a 2 day New Year sale.
That's right . . . 50% off all orders over $15.
Have fun shopping HERE!

So, there ya have it . . . my last Christmas tags for 2013! Now, I hope you'll take a few moments to visit Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and see what my talented Design Teamies have created this week for inspiration! Then . . . please join us for this week's challenge! Who knows? You may just be the winner of 2 free Sassy Cheryl digis!! 

Thanks for stopping by to visit! And HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hugs . . . until next time . . .

11 comments:

Za ovinkom said...

Love them all Pat. I'm sure they love them too. Thank you for tutorial.
Happy New Year!
Jasmina

Cole Meyer said...

Wonderful tags! And thanks for the introduction to a new product!

Dawn said...

Lucky nurses is all I gotta say! How cute are these, Pat...
and OH-SO-SPARKLY!!!

HAPPY SASSY NEW YEAR!!

Cynthia said...

Wow, you rocked this challenge, Pat! Gorgeous tags. You've created such a vintage feel with the sparkle. Have a great New Year!

Claire said...

WOW Pat these are just gorgeous and look at all that sparkle! Hope you have a fabulous 2014. Hugs, Claire x

Kecia said...

I was wondering how you got all of that sparkle! I will be investigating those products for sure because it looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Sassy Raggedy said...

So glad to hear of those wonderful products. Will have to look for those. Your tags are just lovely...I so love viewing your wonderful creations Mz. Pat...You are such a talent!!! Happy New Year...Hugz, joann

Linda Compton said...

I wondered how you did this. I have some of those products in my stash. Going to dig them out and play. These are fabulous. They look sugared, sugah!

nwilliams6 said...

I am going to try this! I have done it with sparkly ef, but this looks even better than that. Wonderful tags!!! Hugz!

Sassy Cheryl said...

I bet your 'fav' guy was a hit with these sweet and sparkling tags. These are beautiful!!!!! Love them all!

jkreucher said...

Oh My Gosh Pat! Are these fantastic or what!!! Awesome, super creative idea!
you go girl!
Hugs
Judy