Thursday, December 19, 2013

My FAVE Mo Card of 2013!

Hey there, my lovelies! Welcome, once again, to my little corner of Blogland!! I'd like to take a moment to thank you all for visiting my blog this past year . . . and for sharing a little piece of yourself with me! I am delighted that I've had the opportunity to meet and get to know so many of you . . . "virtually" as well as in real life!!!

Guess what? There's another super fun challenge happening over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! Sooooo . . . here's the deal . . . our challenge for the next TWO WEEKS is for each of us to take a look at all the projects we've created in 2013 using one (or more) of Mo Manning's images . . . and then select a FAVORITE!! Whoa . . . choose just ONE? What?!! I love each and every one of my Mo projects!! This card, though, is one of my faves! You may remember seeing it. This is the Valentine I gave my sweet hubby this year.

The following post first appeared here on my blog on 1/17/13. Enjoy!
Isn't this the cutest image EVER?! OK . . . so, here's the story . . . (after all, it's always about the story, right?) . . . this is (can ya guess?) a Valentine!! Yep! Good guessing!! I made it for my sweet husband for a couple of reasons . . . one, he's kinda almost blind without his glasses! And two, when we first met, he sent me a little stuffed Hedgehog (which I still cherish)!! So, how perfect for his Valentine card, right? This image is called "You're kinda cute" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Here's an extreme close-up of this little darlin' . . .
It cracks me up that this nearsighted little hedgehog is so "smitten" with a pincushion! LOL!! Here's a side view of my card . . .
As I said . . . I used both wet and dry embossing. I used a little "heart" embossing folder from "Crafts-Too" . . . and then I embossed the metal filigree corner with black embossing powder and then heated it (I applied two coats). Here's a closer look at my embossing efforts . . .
My Card "Recipe" . . .
White & black cardstock
Digi DPs: "Love Dreams" by Bearly Mine (I think)
 Oval & Scalloped Oval dies: Spellbinders
Heart & Scalloped Heart dies: Spellbinders
"Cherish" heart border die: Memory Box
Front sentiment: Penny Black
Ribbon, rhinestones, doily, & pearls: My stash
Embossing folder: Crafts-Too
Metal filigree corner: Wild Orchid Crafts
Inside sentiment: Craft Smart
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And . . . last but not least . . .
So . . . now it's your turn. But first . . . please head on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the fabulous 2013 cards made by my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join us! Just upload a fave Mo card or 3-D project that you created in 2013.

Oh, oh, oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants! What an easy and fun way to get some new Mo images, right?!

Okey dokey . . . that's it for me! Sending much love and joy to you and yours this holiday season! And . . . here's to a very safe and prosperous New Year for us all!! Warm hugs . . . until next year!

6 comments:

Mau xx said...

awww!! its such a perfect choice Pat, I loved it when you posted it and I still do.
Thanks for sharing the reasons too...you big softie :o)
Have a wonderful Christmas and everything good wished for 2014
Hugs Mau xx

Amanda R said...

So sweet and I love the story and the fact you still have the little stuffed hedgehog. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Another beautiful card...I just love how you add that extra something that just make your cards stand out. That is going to be my New Years Resolution....lol Hugz, joann

Nela said...

Love your card, Pat!
You have colored the stamp so beautiful!
Hugs Nela

Za ovinkom said...

Stunning card Pat. Love cute image and heart doily.
Jasmina

jkreucher said...

Thanks for the smile! pure sweetness!
hugs
Judy