Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My Sister . . . My BFF!

Hellooooooooo there, my sassy friends! It's time for another fun challenge over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog!! And this week, our very own "Sassy Gal" Miz Ann has selected the theme . . .

"Best Friends Forever!"

So, this week, I decided I'd make a little something for my sister, Dee . . . 
Surprise! I did NOT use Maddie, or Max . . . or my sweet li'l Sassy Sally!! This week I decided to pull out some of my Cheryl Alger Designs stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie's. These cuties are from the "Libby & Lulu" Set available HERE. Oh . . . plus . . . Kraftin' Kimmie has just released several adorable new stamp sets by Cheryl Alger Designs (a.k.a. Sassy Cheryl!) Here's a close-up . . .
Cute, huh? So . . . I decided to make a twisted easel card so my sister could proudly display this fab-u-lous card in her office for all the world to see! hehe! Here's a view of the card opened up . . .
  My Card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Riding Hood Red & Pool Party cardstock: Stampin' Up
Ribbon: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Farm Girl" by October Afternoon
Corner dies: Joy Craft & Whimsy
Shasta Daisy flower die: Cheery Lynn Designs
Pearls: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

Another view . . .
  And, one more . . .
And there ya have it . . . my "BFF" card for my sweet li'l sis! Please don't forget to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a peek at what Sassy Cheryl's talented DT ladies have created this week! Then I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge! Who knows? You may just be the winner of 2 free Sassy Cheryl digis!! Lots of luck!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great week!

16 comments:

Kim said...

OH Pat!!! That's absolutely adorable!! I love Lulu and Libby and your easel card is fantastic!!

Debbie said...

A gorgeous card Pat, just love it.
My Sister is just 3 years younger than me and this card would be perfect for her anytime. DebbieX

Dee said...

Awwww - sniff sniff. That's so sweet. Almost makes up for the time you pretended sleeping and dad spanked me. Almost... Really - that is adorable! Can't wait to get it - i'll act surprised, i promise.

Claire said...

This is a fabulous twisted easel - love the cute image, fab papers and layout. Hugs, Claire x

Linda Compton said...

Soo sweet of you to think of your sister in a BFF challenge. Says something special about the two of you. I love it, I love it, and I love it.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hey Mz. Pat,
I love your wonderful card. The color combo is beautiful and you really do these easel cards lovely. Of course your coloring is awesome. How sweet your sister is your best friend, as it should be. I lost my sister on 9/11 and still to this day I miss her so much...Lovely card, Hugz, joann

Cathy said...

Pat, this is just too cute, love that you and your sister are close. You created a beautiful card for her that she will proudly display in her office. I am going to have to try an angled easel card, they are way cute. Wonderful as always GF!!!

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Dawn said...

Whoa! I about fell off my chair... no Maddie...no Max! hehe

Too ADORABLE, and your sister does have the BEST sister!! I bet she's the envy of the office!!

Boxofcolours said...

Oh wowee I just love how you decorate the "entire card"! Mine look decidedly naked in comparison.
Awesome work as always
Hugs
Jane

Ann English said...

WOWZERS! How cute is this one! I've never made a twisted easel but thinking I'll have to try it! I know your sister is going to love this!

Ann Marie Governale said...

So love this card. Having two sisters this really touches a soft spot. Beautifully designed as always..you really bring these images to life..xxx Ann Marie

Janine said...

Such a lovely card Pat. Such a cute image and beautifully coloured. Love the papers and the design. Thanks for sharing it with us at Anything Goes.
Hugs, Janine xx

Jennifer said...

Oh how cute this is! love your little girls and the cloud background! Wonderful layered flower and corners to! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Za ovinkom said...

I don't have words, just G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S !!!!!
Looooove!!!
Jasmina

Kecia said...

Too stinkin' cute! What a beautiful card celebrating sisterhood.