Thursday, July 11, 2013

Celebrating LOVE . . . underwater!

Happy Thursday, my sweet friends!! It's time for another super-de-duper fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And this week, my cleverly talented friend and DT sistah, Anja, wants us all to . . .

"Celebrate LOVE"

Hmmm . . . which image to choose? So many options . . . well, here's what I came up with . . .
OK . . . so here's the deal . . . I do NOT love to snorkel!! Breathing while my face is submerged in water is terrifying for me. In fact, just sitting here thinking about it is making me hyperventilate! It's not natural to breathe underwater! BUT . . . it just so happens that my husband's daughter and her husband went SCUBA diving a year ago on their honeymoon.

So . . . while I have no intention of celebrating the love of being unable to breathe underwater . . . I wanted to honor the love Jenna and Adam have for one another as they celebrate their 1st Anniversary! Here's a close up . . .
These fabulous images are a couple of Mo Manning's latest creations! Say hello to "Snorkel Girl" and "Snorkel Boy" . . . which I've merged. You can find them HERE  and HERE in Mo's online store!

I decided to make a Crossover Card because they're such fun! Here's a side view . . .
  My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Matallic White paper
Night of Navy cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Barefoot Bliss" by Bo Bunny
Raffia ribbon, charm, twine, & seashells: My stash
Shasta Daisy flower die: Cheery Lynn Designs
Glossy Accents on bubbles & goggles
Front sentiments: Stampin' Up
Inside sentiment: Verses Rubber Stamps
Copics & Colored pencils

A peek at the inside card . . . 

 And, of course, the  "artsy" view . . .
Fun, huh? I hope Jenna and Adam enjoy it! Now . . . please visit Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the fabulous projects by Anja the rest of my talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let the crafting commence!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs . . . until next time!!


11 comments:

AnjaCardz said...

Ooooh, honey, I soooo love to see you using the snorkle kids - even merged together! Your card really reminds me on the song "underwater love" and it looks so awesome. Perfect papers and embellies - Jenna and Adam will love it! Fantastic take on the "Love" challenge!

Huggies, Anja

Debbie said...

Well Scarlet... This came out GORGEOUS... I am sure they are going to love it.. and what a perfect sentiment as well

Mr. Butler Approves...lol

Talk to you later
Hugs
Debbie

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat your card is precious and will be perfect for the anniversary card. Love your color choice and those shells. Another gorgeous card.

Candy said...

Hi Pat,
A very unusual Anniversary Card, but perfect for this special couple! They will love the memories it brings back. Perfectly coloured and great job of merging - it looks like they came that way :o)
Fabulous work!
Big hugs, Candy

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, brilliant colouring.
luv
Debby

Linda Compton said...

Love to watch those kids snorkeling.Very creative design too. You are such a card pro. I loves ya, sugar booger.

Cathy said...

Ms. Pat, you certainly have mastered the merging now :) This is just the cutest card and the couple will absolutely love it!!! The colors and all of the details are so perfect. The inside as always is gorgemous. The word I had to make up a long time ago for your creations :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hey there Mz. Pat...this is such a lovely card for the honeymoon couple...i love how you combined the two images...Beautiful..Huz, joann

Elaine L. said...

This is adorable, Pat! I love all the water-themed papers you've used!

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie!
Another fab creation!! Love it!!! The dp is just perfect with the images!! I know your babies will love the card!!!

Hugz
Kim

Tracy said...

Wow will they love this card. Great job on the merging Miz Pat. :-) My face underwater doesn't set well with me either. This is really a clever card in so many ways. Love it!