Thursday, June 27, 2013

We're having "Fun in the Sun" at Mo's!

Hello and welcome once again to to my little corner of the world! It's Thursday . . . and this month is flying by!! One of these days I really AM going to make a Christmas card!! But not today!! For this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog, my sweet and very clever DT sistah, Elaine, has chosen an exceptionally "non-Christmas" theme . . .

"Fun in the Sun"

And we've certainly had plenty (sunshine, that is) lately here in Richmond, VA, USA!! In fact, we're already seeing mid-90 F degree temperatures! Oh how I want to be at the beach!! Soon . . . but never quite soon enough! hehe! Here's my "Fun in the Sun" card . . .
Oops . . . I forgot to tell you to grab your sunglasses! This is another rather "bright" card!! OK . . . so here's the deal . . . I've had this precious little Mo image for well over a year . . . and this is the first time it's come within "coloring" distance of my markers and pencils! (Hanging head in shame here!!) This sweetheart is "Maggie" and you can find her HERE  in Mo's online store! Oh, oh, oh . . . and I found this fabulous set of digi papers and elements at Nitwit Collections . . . they're by Mary Fran and are called "Sandcastles" . . . they're perfect!! Here's a close-up of sweet little Maggie" . . .
This image was absolutely delightful to color . . . especially that hair!! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
  My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Matallic White paper
Riding Hood Red & Whisper White cardstock & front sentiment: Stampin' Up
Digi DPs: "Sandcastles" by Mary Fran for Nitwits
Banner die: LaLaLand Crafts
Buttons, brad, & charm: My stash
Ribbon: Stampin' Up
"Sand": Flower Soft
Inside sentiment: Hampton Arts
Copics & Colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . . 


 And, of course, the  "artsy" angle . . . 
So, if this card doesn't SCREAM "Fun in the Sun," I don't know what does! hehe! Now . . . please visit Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and check out the fun projects by Elaine and the rest of my talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple, really, just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image . . . and let your imagination run wild!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And . . . that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hugs . . . until next time!!

14 comments:

Claire said...

Great card Pat, lovely image, fab colours and layout too and I especially love that big yellow bow! Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, what a fun card. Love your bright colors.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful....I love the yellows and your bow is fantastic. The layers are wonderful and that banner on the inside is great....Hugz, joann

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

Debbie said...

OMG!! I do need my sunglasses for this absolutely adorable card. Love that yellow that you used. The total design of this card is amazing. You Rock Girlfriend!!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Cathy said...

Pat, love the way you colored this wonderful sweet image in Yellow. Awesome embellishments as always. Perfect in every way as always.

Candy said...

Hi Pat!

Fantastic card!
What a sweet image. The papers are just right too :o)

Big Hugs, Candy

AnjaCardz said...

Christmas cards?!? Hope you are just kidding, hun!
I am just waiting for summer and you are alreading thinking of winter! LOL
But your card indeed is absolutely summery. Love the bright colours and the papers - just perfect for this cute image!

Hugs, Anja

Franz♥ said...

Too funny sweetie!

Love the colour combo and all the embellis and papers you used, just perfect for the card!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

This card is adorable too! She is such a cutie. Love that big yellow bow and the blue safety pin on the ribbon. So cute!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Elaine L. said...

I love this, Pat! Love the colors, the layout, that gorgeous bow....just everything!

Kim Bell said...

Sweetie
I just love your card. I was going to use her as well!! Great minds think alike. Love the Yellow and Blue.

Hugz aka CAS
Kim

Kathleen said...

Well will you look at that little cutie patootie! Isnt she adorable? I had a red bucket just like that when I was little, and I loved it! Lol
Brilliant card as always sweetie, I know I always say it but Im saying it again! You make the most gorgeous cards, I love all the detail that you do inside as well as out, anyone who gets one of your cards is indeed very lucky!
Hugs
Kat xx

Tracy said...

Boy am I cutting it short on commenting on this weeks DT cards. Looks to me like she has all the required necessities for a beach visit. Think we'll be having several rainy beach days here. Maybe it will cool things down a bit. Adorable Pat! Hugs!