Thursday, June 13, 2013

"School's Out" at Mo's this week!

Hey there, m'darlins!! Wow . . . I had so much fun with last week's "Children's Challenge" at Mo's!! A total of 25 children (between the ages of 3 and 12 years) entered cards into the challenge!! Such amazing talent . . . even from the youngest of them!! If you haven't had a chance to see these amazing creations, pop on over to Mo's HERE and check 'em out!

Okey dokey . . .  it's time for a new challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And this week, the lovely and talented Elaine is our hostess! She's chosen the perfect theme for this time of the year (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) . . .

"School's Out"

And here's my card . . .
 OK . . . so here's the deal . . . all of my children are grown and have children of their own, so I get to celebrate "no school" all year round!! hehe! But I got to thinking about summer vacations when I was a little whipper snapper . . . and remembered walking to the lake to go swimming! We would leave first thing in the morning and not come home until dinnertime!! Sunscreen? What sunscreen?? We didn't have that in the 1950's & '60's . . . which might explain the outcropping of "age spots" I'm noticing on my hands and face! Oops!

Anyway . . . as you can see, I decided to go with a sort of vacation/swimming/beach theme!! Here's a close-up . . .
This adorable image is called "Pool Party" and is one of Mo's more "vintage" images! I just love, love, LOVE this little cutie! How many of you remember swim caps? I have to admit, I never looked this cute in mine! LOL!! You can find "Pool Party" HERE in Mo's online store. I realized that it's been a few weeks since I'd made an easel card . . . so . . . surprise!! I made a "twisted" easel card for this week's challenge!
 My Card "Recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Matallic White paper
Bashful Blue and Lucky Limeade cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Barefoot Bliss" by Bo Bunny
Corner die: Whimsy
Sun stamp & Tag die: Magnolia
Waves die: Memory Box
Ribbon, twine, blue diamonds (hehe!), safety pin, charm & sentiment stamp: My stash
Copics & Colored pencils

A look from the other side . . . 

And one last "artsy" pic for good measure . . . 
Isn't being "out of school" so much fun?! I think so . . . and now I can't wait to go to the beach!! Please stop on over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the gorgeous "School's Out" projects created by Elaine and the rest of my talented DT sisters! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . . just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image! Easy peasy!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And . . .  that's it for me! Thanks bunches for stopping by to visit! Hugs . . . until next time!!