Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Boys, Boys, & More Boys at Sassy Cheryl's!

Happy Tuesday, my sweet (er, or should I say "Sassy") friends! Are you having the most fabulous June so far? We've had a bit of rain here in Richmond, Virginia . . . and now everything is so, so green!! Although not officially quite yet, I do believe Summer has arrived! OK . . . enough on the weather . . . it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog?!!  But first a little reminder . . .

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog is having a Design Team Call!!
Find complete details HERE!

Now . . . onto this week's challenge!! Our very own talented and "sassilicious" Miz Judy is hostess this week . . . and she'd like to see cards and projects that are . . .

For the Guys/Boys!

Well, well, well . . . I am probably the worst when it comes to making "boy" cards! I am really all about girly and embellished with flowers and jewels! But, what the heck . . . boys need a chance to be showcased too, I guess! hehe! So, here ya go . . . 
It's Max!! I just love him (even though he is kind of a boy! hehe!) This handsome little skateboarder is called "Grip it & Rip it Max." He's available in Sassy Cheryl's online store HERE. And, if you prefer "girls," this image is also available in a "Maddie" version HERE. Although Maddie is certainly more of a "tomboy" in this image, she's awfully cute too!! Here's a close-up of little Max . . .
I made this card for our only grandson, Brody, who will be 9 years old in August. He lives in Arizona (far too many miles away from Virginia . . . and I miss my little buddy bunches and bunches!! So I decided to make this card for him . . . undoubtedly a gift card will find it's way inside the envelope! hehe! Here's a pic of our handsome little Brody (he is definitely my son's "mini me"!) . . .
Now I know I'm biased, but I sure do think he's a handsome little guy!! Gotta love those sunglasses!! OK . . . back to my card . . . here's a bit of a side view . . .
Card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen Metallic White cardstock
Kraft cardstock
Real Red & Night of Navy cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Americana" by K & Co.
Front stamp sentiment & die: Whimsy
Corner die: Whimsy
Flag punch: Stampin' Up
Baker's twine, buttons, & embellies: My stash
Colored with Copics & Colored Pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And one last "angled" photo . . .
And there ya have it . . . my "Boy" card! Please be sure to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at what Judy and the rest of the talented DT ladies' have created for this week's inspiration! Then, after you've done that, grab your craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's "For a Guy/Boy" challenge! Remember . . . 

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Oh . . . and  don't forget Sassy Cheryl's 
DESIGN TEAM CALL!!!

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Sending out lots hugs!!


16 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh no does mini me have your bawahahaha down pat.. now that can be scarey...lol

I love how this card turned out especialy since I saw it in its beginning stages. Brody is going to love it especially since grandma made it, and of course we know a gift card is going to find its way in.

Hugs
Debbie

CHERYL GRANT said...

Brody is a handsome little fella and he is going to LOVE the card. It's 'handsome' as can be. LOVE it Pat!!!!!! You may not like making boy cards as much, but it certainly is adorable. PERFECT!

Dawn said...

this card is almost as cute as Brody! he's gonna love it!! I do!! inside and out...perfection

Pat said...

Lovely card, super design and image. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet this week.

Pat xx

Tammy said...

Awww this is adorable! Such a fun image and fabulous bright colors! Your grandson will love it! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Claire said...

This is a fab fun bright and cheery boys card. Hugs, Claire x

jkreucher said...

Hey Miss Pat! Every photographed angel in A M A Z I N G!!
you always go the extra mile with fun banners, buttons and the fun chalk board name! Brody is one lucky little guy to have such a talented grammy! Love the colors and design-- you've got style my friend!
hugs to ya!
Judy

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Pat. Love the primary color combo with this fun Max image.

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh you make the boys cards just fine. I love this one, with all the bright colors. And Brody is a handsome dude...Reminds me of mine when they were young...I love those little staples holding the string on the inside. Will have to look for those...Great job, Mz, Pat...Hugz, Sassy Raggedy

Sara S. said...

Love it! The colors are so bright and fun. It's a wonderful boy card! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

Mau xx said...

A fabby card Pat, I love the gorgeous bright colours and sassy image. I really must try and buy some so I can play along.
Brody is a very handsome lad, no wonder you are proud of him.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Lindsay said...

This is so so cute! LOVE your coloring! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda Compton said...

Oh boy is Brady one handsome Dude. He is totally cool with those shades too. I don't want to hear another I Can't Do A Male Card Miz Pat. You rocked this and now I will be expecting many more. Maybe Brady is just the inspiration you need. Hugs, Linda

teresa ewington said...

Loving your little 'dude'. Really made me smile. And great technique too! Thanks for playing over at cardcrafterscircle. Teresa x

Deb said...

Pat, I love your little skater dude! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

nwilliams6 said...

Super fun image and card. Your Grandson will love the card (and the card - hehe). Such cool embellishments on this "boy" card. I can't wait for grandchildren - just got my first daughter married so my chances are increasing! Hugz!