Thursday, October 18, 2012

We're Having "Autumn Fun" at Mo's . . .

Hey there my sweet friends! How "arrrgghhh" you doing this week! hehehe! I couldn't resist!! Yeppers, it's Thursday again . . . and that means it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's theme is . . .
"Autumn Fun"
I tell ya, Autumn has always been my favorite time of year. I love seeing all of the fall colors . . . golds and reds and oranges . . . not to mention black and purple! That's right . . . one of the "funnest" things about Autumn is seeing all the little "Trick or Treaters"!! (I can't wait to see what our six grandkiddos will be wearing for "Trick or Treat" night! I promise to share pics when I get them!!) Soooo . . . with that little intro . . . here's my "Autumn Fun" card . . .

It's "Pirate Kai" . . . and he's available HERE in Mo's old online store. Ohhh . . . if you want any of Mo's "older" images (like this adorable little Pirate Kai), be forewarned, Mo is closing her "old" online shop later this year! So, you'd better hurry! HERE is the link. Would you like to see an extreme close-up of this little sweetheart? Of course you would (I went a little nuts with my camera this week!!) . . .  
Isn't he just a sweet as can be? Now . . . it's been ages and ages since I've made a "traditional" easel card . . . so that's just what I did!!
I'd forgotten how much fun these can be . . . and so easy! Here's an easy tutorial.
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Elegant Eggplant & Tangerine Tango: Stampin' Up
DPs: "October 31st" fom Fancy Pants Designs
Sentiments: Just Rite Stamps
Doohickey Border Die: Magnolia
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbons, pearls, gems, & Halloween candy embellies: my stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

I went a little nuts with embellies too (I couldn't resist!)!  Here's a peek from the back . . . 
And one last view . . . from above . . . hehe . . . it's kind of  "ahhhtsy" . . .
So, that's what I've been up to this week . . . having all kinds of "Autumn Fun"!! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join the fun this week! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE) . . . and remember to follow this week's theme! Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).
 
I thought it might be fun to enter this cutie in a few challenges...
 
Thanks so much for visiting . . . and thanks, in advance, for your sweet comments . . . they really do make my day! Hugsssss . . . until next time . . . .

20 comments:

Teresa said...

Brilliantly coloured and a gorgeous colour card, love all your little details.
Teresa x

Mote said...

Fantastic coloring:))))

Boxofcolours said...

Oh my goodness, that is just stunning!
I really must try and get my butt in gear and get another of Mo's fabby images coloured and on my blog.
Hugs
Jane

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Pat! Awesome design and fav coloring of Mo's cutie! This is such a great Halloween creation!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image and your colouring is fabulous. The papers and detailing you have added look wonderful.

Thank you for taking part in the Fab n funky Challenge

Sue

Joey said...

Pat this is totally adorable, stunning colourwork. Joey x

Debbie said...

Arrr...you kidding me...OMG!! My little southern bell, this is just to cute for words.. This is just so cute, I hope you send it to Sophie, she will just love it... I love how you did the stop with the bow and the flowers, and all the exras are just perfect.

Hugs
Debbie

Tracy said...

This card's just jam packed woman! Gorgeousness everywhere and the coloring on the image is just stunning. You rock lady! Hugs!

Candy said...

Magnificent, Pat!
Big hugs, Candy

Squirrel x said...

Pat - this is just stunning sweetie! Absolutely amazing, and your colourwork is awesome. Just love everything about it! Hugs Sxx

Iulia said...

Oh, come on, can't believe you embellished the back!!! Never did that...looks awesome. You've got plenty of time on your hands seemingly:) LOve, love love this card, Pat! The colors, the embellishments (never too many if you ask me:)) and that sweet image colored wonderfully... GORGEOUS!
I'm just jealous I haven't seen this image before. Gotta look more carefully in the old shop as well:)
Have a great rest of the week sweetie!
Iulia

Joann Burton said...

Absolutely Beautiful. The colors are wonderful...How adorable...I love that you finished the whole easel card. Much prettier that way. Wonderful job my friend...joann sassy raggedy

Franz♥ said...

What a cute card Pat, I love all that swirls and the one on the back...fantastic, brillant idea :)

About my box...yes, i've done it :) I've cut lot of pieces of cardstock, but finally i did it!
I'm looking farward to see the one you will realize for you daughter!

Hugs, Franz.

Felicia said...

Now I want to go trick a treating:)

Pat said...

Lovely card with a super image, thanks for joining our challenge this week at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Shirley said...

This is adorable!! Love the image the colours and the design! Thanks for the heads up on the site/store.
Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Kathleen said...

Hi Pat! Wow I love this card! Stunning design and colouring as always. Isnt he just super cute or what?
Hugs
Kat xx

Kim Bell said...

Pat
Just stunning as always! Love your inspiration. Love the details.

Hugz
Kim

Carol said...

One of the coolest cards ever!! Love the bright colors and such a cute lil' guy!

Sweet Fairy said...

What a lovely card. So lovely design. I like the colors used and love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.