Thursday, October 4, 2012

"Anything Goes" at Mo's . . .

Happy Thursday, my sweet friends!! What the what? It's Thursday already?! Where does the time go? I swear, it's FLYING by!! But . . . wait . . . this is cool . . . it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! And since it's the first challenge of the month, this week's theme is . . .

ANYTHING GOES!

Now, I'm guessing that many of you are knee deep into Winter Holiday cards by now . . . and I certainly should be too!! LOL!! However . . . this week's card is a special "commission" for my friend, Wendy. One of her darling grand-daughters is having a 3rd birthday . . . and the "birthday girl"  loves purple!! I sure had fun creating this little card . . . I hope she likes it!
This sweetheart is called "Baby Fairy with Buttercup" and is available as part of a set of fairies HERE in Mo's online store. I just can't get enough of Mo's fairies!! They're all so stinkin' adorable, don'tcha think?! Here's a close-up . . . 
I love the lavender hair (I used Copics V28, 25, 22, 20 & BV000 & 0000). And sprinkled some Ultra-fine glitter EVERYWHERE! hehe! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
And a peek from the other side . . .
My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Elegant Eggplant cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Nitwit (Digital) "Promises Too"
Sentiments, ribbon, pearls, & doily: My stash
Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Butterfly die: Memory Box
Fabric Butterfly Applique: Martha Stewart
Corners: Whimsy
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils

Here's what the inside looks like . . . I purposely kept it very simple . . .
And, last but never least . . . the "artsy" view . . .
And there ya have it . . . my "Anything Goes" creation!! Oh . . . please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my lovely and talented DT sisters! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).
 
Oooh . . . I've decided to enter this beauty into Wild Orchid Challenges #60 "Anything Goes"!

Thanks bunches and bunches for stopping by . . . and, as always, for leaving such sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugssssssssssss!
post signature

20 comments:

Danielle said...

Welllll Helllo Pat! I love lavender period. Anything in lavender, it is like pink... I an unconditionnal to these colors. I love love love the little baby and how you colored her. love the pearls around the background and the lovely butterfly. How precious. Like a fairy tale card! Hugs. and have a lovely day.

catherine said...

This is just stunning Pat and I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated and loved by the receiver. Great image and stunning colour
x catherine

Christina C. said...

What a brilliant creation, Pat!!! Such a darling image, colored to perfection. Love, love the pearls along the background die...truly stunning! The papers, colors, ribbon...love it all!!!!! It is always such a delight to visit your blog!!!

Dorcas said...

Oh my! She is just going to love that!! I loved purple when I was little too (particularly purple hair on old ladies~ I know, I was a strange kid). I love how you twined the pearls around the doily frame. And you found the perfect ribbon to match your paper, so cool!!

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Pat! I love the colors and all the pearls and flowers! Fabulous coloring of Mo's adorable fairy!

Boxofcolours said...

Hello Pat, love the card and as always it is a pleasure to pay your blog a visit.
Hugs
Jane

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Pat, I love the image and wonderful colouring..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mau xx said...

This is gorgeous Pat, I so love purple/Mauve and this little fairy is so sweet. Loving all that beautiful detail too. She is going to be one very happy little girl xxxx
Huggles Mau xxx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable and so gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Candy said...

Pat,
The little girl and her mom are going to love your card!
Beautiful colours and FAB colouring.
Love the hair and sparkles :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Sol said...

yup.. I agree.. those images are stunning.. But I am not so god at printing.. so I am still hoping for rubber stamps of all the stunning images.. :o)
Your Card is AMAZING.,, Gorgeous Coloring and Beautiful Details.. Lovely Coloring too.. I love it! :o)

Debbie said...

Pat, this is just stunning, It would be perfect for the baby blanket I just finished for my SIL just now...I love how you interweaved the pearls in the frame like that. It really is just perfect in every way and those butterflies in the center are also the perfect touch.

Hugs
Debbie

Tracy said...

Lilac loveliness Miz Pat! Those pearls strung through the die cut are so pretty and the image is colored so beautifully. Beautiful GF! Hugs!

Iulia said...

Lovely, sweet , very glittery, just perfect for a 3 year old. Loves purple, you say? Hmmm, that girl surely knows what she wants. Not sure if my 3 yr old knows what purple means, but well, they say girls are more precocious:) Love the way you added the pearls and the ribbon matches perfectly the sweet paper! So clever!
Have a great week hon!
Iulia

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card sweetie ♥♥

AnjaCardz said...

Wowzers Pat, this is stunning! I do love purple too and it's goes so peferctly with this cute little fairy. Your embellies look so precious, there is so much to discover on the card - I am sure, the birthday girl will love it!

Huggies my dear,
Anja

jokesfb said...

Beautiful card collection , I also got some idea to see these cards , Thanks so much for these lovely cards

Kim Bell said...

Pat
Just love it! You know Purple is my FAV!!Smiles. Love the pearls. Another amazing card.

Hugz
Kim

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous! Thank you for taking part in our anything goes challenge at WOC :)
Hugs, Lena Katrine

fairysparkle said...

Hey sweetie ,i love love love her hair its so cute.She reminds me of one of my daughters when she was just that size ,anyways i digress not here to go down memory lane lol.This card is stunning and you should win with this ,well you would if it was picked without the random thing .xx