Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bedtime Story . . .

Happy Thursday! Guess what? I'm getting into "Christmas Card Mode" here in my little corner of blogland!! I have a sweet little card to share with you today. I made it for this week's challenge over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog where this week's theme is . . .
"Cute and Cuddly"
Seriously? In my mind, ALL of Mo Manning's images fit this theme! They're certainly all cute . . . and I can always come up with a reason why they could be "cuddly"! Well . . . for MOST of them, anyway! hehehe! Soooo . . . here's my "Cute and Cuddly" card . . . and if this little cutie doesn't qualify as "cuddly," then her Raggedy Ann doll certainly should!!
Now . . . when my kids were young, they looked for ANY reason whatsoever to avoid going to bed. That was especially true on Christmas Eve. And I suspect our grandkiddos are no so different from their parents! LOL! This precious little darlin' is called "Just One Story" . . . and she's available HERE in Mo's online store. There are also boy images HERE and HERE! How about a side view?
And another . . . 
A peek at the inside which I kept very, very simple . . .
 My card "recipe" . . .
Image printed on Cryogen "metallic" cardstock
Blush Blossom & Chocolate Chip cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Winterland" fom Fancy Pants Designs
Sentiments: LOTV (front), and the inside one is from my stash
Doily die: Cheery Lynn Dies
Rose & metal corner: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon, pearls, charm, & pointsettie: my stash
Copic Sketch markers & colored pencils
 
And, last but not least . . . 
So, what'cha think? Cute and Cuddly? I'd say "ABSOLUTELY"!! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join the fun this week! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online store HERE and HERE) . . . and remember to follow this week's theme! Oooh . . . and don't forget . . . Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).
 
Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and thanks, in advance, for your very kind comments! Hugsssss . . . .
 

12 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous I so love that image which is coloured so beautifully and the layout is so pretty. Caroline xxx

Alyce said...

adorable pat!! loving the aqua and the whole card has a really beautiful vintage-y feel :)

Danielle said...

Just sooo sweet Pat! I need this image... Love the beautiful colors you used, this soft brown is gorgeous with the aqua. Lovely elements too. Hugs.

Christina C. said...

OMG....how precious! I can't believe I almost missed this one!!!!
Your coloring is superb...love this cute Mo image!!!! You showcased this doll to perfection!

Carla S. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love this sweet image and you've colored her up to perfection! Great design and details!

Tracy said...

I really like that you made this a Christmas card. I wouldn't have ever thought of that and it fits so well. Another perfectly composed card Pat. Hugs!

ednamburgess said...

Adorable! Love Mo's image and you did a great job of putting it all together. Edna

Candy said...

Yor little one looks very cuddly and ready for bed.
Just out of the bath and looking for daddy to read her bedtime story.
Wonderful card, Pat!!
!Big hugs, Candy

Franz♥ said...

Same here Pat..."Christmas card mode", love this expression hun! I love the way you've used this lovely Mo's image for a Christmas card...mmmm...i've to do it, me too! Fab colouring and embelliss and wonderful ornament on the corner!

Hope you're having a good time ;)

A big hug, Franz.

Mau xx said...

Sorry I never got to call last week Pat,Loving the card though. It certainly is Cute and cuddly. Great colouring and love the sentiment and Pin idea.
Huggles Mau xx

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie,
First, I hope from the heart you are safe and nowhere near that awful Sandy thing!
Now, how smart one can be to turn this delightful image into a Christmas themed card! And a perfect one! I agree, no child would ever go to bed, especially on a Christmas except for my lil one...lol. No matter what I do, at 10 am he comes to take my hand and says "Viens Maman" (we speak French) So Ill just have to leave everything and go to bed with him, read a story, lots of hugs and kisses, bottle of milk included:)
Love the background of your card, makes the image pop, great idea to add that safety pin! Great colors and of course coloring of this sweet image!
Hugs, Iulia

fairysparkle said...

Hey hunny bunny ,i love it when you use these colours together ,they are stunning and she is so cute .Beautiful job xxx