Thursday, August 23, 2012

We're so "distressed" this week at Mo's!

Wheet whooooo!! It's Thursday . . . and I am so, soooooo excited that it's almost the weekend!! Guess what I'm doing this weekend . . . give up?! I'm taking the train to New York City to hang out with my "bestie" and sweet DT sistah, Debbie! And we are going to eat and drink and laugh and go to the theater and just play "tourists"! I can't wait!!! I promise to take pics to show you all next week! hehe!!

OK . . . so, it's time for another fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's challenge theme is . . .

"Distressing"

So I tried something just a little different . . .
For this week's card, I decided to make a "Joy Fold Card" with one of Mo Manning's most adorable fairies EVER!! This sweet image is from the "3 Baby Fairies" collection and is available HERE in Mo's online store. I just love this cutie's wispy hair and chubby tummy! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
I actually made this card for my sweet daughter-in-law, Christy (mother to 3 of our 6 grandkiddos, Ava, Mia, & Isla Bleu). Her birthday is TODAY!! Ruh roh!! Good thing she doesn't read my blog, 'cuz if she did, she'd have to fake being really, really surprised when the card finally arrives in her mailbox next week! Yep . . . it's true . . . I haven't mailed it yet! But, hey . . . I MADE it in time, at least!! That's good for me!! bwahahaha!! Here's a peek at the inside . . .
My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Strathmore 400 drawing paper
Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' Up
Kraft paper
DPs: "Reunion" collection from My Mind's Eye
Round sentiment: Lili of the Valley
"Small wonder" sentiment: Stampin' Up
Corner die: Whimsy
Flower: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls, ric rac, & ribbon: my stash
Inside sentiment: Stampendous
Caran d'Ache & Faber-Castell pencils
and . . .
I distressed the edges with my Zutter "Distrezz-it-all"

And last, but certainly not least . . .
So, that's what I've been up to lately!! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created by my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 voucher at her online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, thanks for your kind comments! Until next time . . . .
post signature

21 comments:

Joey said...

Pat this is ADORABLE! Absolutely love the whole design, might have to try this fold. Joey x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat your card is gorgeous, love the layout.

Alyce said...

Pat this is just so sweet! I love the beautiful layout and the colours are just gorgeous :)

Jenée said...

Those fairy babies are some of Mo's cutest creations, and you've made this one look totally adorable with your FAB coloring and the pretty papers. I'd say have fun in NY with Debbie, but then that would be stating the obvious because I know you are going to have a fantastic weekend, so I'll just say "be safe."

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! Love the fold and the papers! Great coloring of Mo's darling fairy! Have fun with Debbie this weekend!

Tracy said...

LOL I agree. You MADE it on time. :-) I haven't made a joy fold card in a long time and I don't know why cause I really like them. The fairy makes a darling topper. Another fabulous card sistah Pat! Hugs!

Danielle said...

Hello Pat, waht a lovely card! this cute little baby fairy is adorable. Love the happy colors you used, and this fabulous papers. I love joy fold card! Have a nice day Hugs.

Christina C. said...

Beautiful card style and such a darling image!!!!! Love the colors you used to showcase this cutie!

Mau xx said...

You Lucky lucky girls, have a fantabulous time and be good... well maybe thats too much to ask.....lol
have a love girlie time Pat, Lots of love to Debbie too, don't forget to tell her :).
Your card is amazing! Oh! I struggle so much with Distressing, not sure how mine will come out...gulp!
Love your papers and your image is gorgeous.
Huge hugs Mau xx

Debbie said...

I absolutely love this card, Those fairies are the bomb and you once again surpassed your creativity with this one. Love the colors, Christy is going to love it. And don't worry, I never send cards on time either...

and you know New York will never be the same once the two of us hit it...

Hugs
Debbie

Cricket said...

Oh my goodness, this image is just too stinking cute. Great card.

Candy said...

What an adorable card, Pat!!

This fairy is sooooo sweet.
Your card is awesome as always.

Have a great time this weekend. Sounds like a blast :o)

Big hugs, Candy

Dorcas said...

Pat this is just precious! I love the fold and of course your awedome colori g :) And oh my! You and Debbie together?? Do you think NY is ready for that?? Lol Have a wonderful time! And a pretzel. :)

Kathleen said...

Pat!! This is my fav image from Mo, I adore the ickle pudgy tummy that is just yelling to be tickled! This was the very first image I bought from Mo and I still love it so so much.
Gorgeous colouring and design, just wonderful
Hope you have a great weekend sweetie
Love and hugs
Kat xx

Franz♥ said...

Oh Pat! She's simply adorable!

Perfect colouring and fab card's design, really original!

Love the colors combo too...a big hug, Franz.

Elaine L. said...

Pat this is just so sweet! You've used some of my very favorite papers...I just love orange! This little fairy is the cutest, and you've colored the image beautifully, as usual!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just adorable, I love that fold and your coloring, wow!

Kim Bell said...

Pat
Your cards are just AWESOME! The detail is OMW! Love it. I especially love the little belly!!! Awe.... So dang cute. Love my sweetie. Ok now I have to try to Joy Fold next on my list. SMILES.

Hugz
Kim

AnjaCardz said...

Your card is so much fun, Pat! I adore your colouring of the sweetest baby fairy ever. This tummy ... just too cute! The entire design of your card is absolutely stunning. Love it .. as always!!! ♥

Hugs, Anja

fairysparkle said...

Hello sweetie so glad to be looking at your wonderful cards again .Pat i have said it once and i will say it again ,you are the best .I adore what you have done here and im going to get that image .xx

Iulia said...

Wow, this is so lovely- didn't realize it was folded like this! Love these papers and the optimism your card conveys! Beautiful sentiment and coloring as well!