Monday, August 13, 2012

Oops . . .

Happy Monday, my sweet friends! I hope you had a great weekend! Mine was filled with live jazz music (we went to a Jazz festival) and hanging out with my sweet hubby! We won't even mention the rain or the fact that there were no public restrooms . . . just creepy porta-potties! Ugh!! Now that you have that mental image burned into your brain . . . . Aaacck!!! Let's move on, shall we?!

So . . . guess what? It's August and I haven't even started on my Christmas cards! And today's Sugar Nellie DT project won't qualify as a Christmas card either! hehe! I'm still in a "Summer" frame of mind, I guess!
For today's card, I used one of my favorite Sugar Nellie stamps! I just realized, I say that a LOT! They're ALL my faves, I think! hehe! But I have always been especially fond of "Honey Pip." She's from the Sherbet Pip Collection of Home Grown Sugar Nellie Stamps . . . and is available HERE at Funky Kits.
This card is a belated birthday card . . . I made it for my art teacher whose birthday was last week! Aacck! Shame on me!! But I bet she'll like this . . . even tho it's a little late! Here's a bit of a side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . . 
Blushing Bride cardstock: Stampin' up
Kraft paper & DPs: my stash
Ruffled ribbon: Stampin' Up
Corner die: Whimsy
Tag & envelope: Melissa Frances
Flowers & lace: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tag sentiment: Stampin' Up
"Oops" sentiment: Stampendous
Inside sentiment: Sweet Stamps.com
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

Here's a look at the inside . . .
 A close-up of the inside sentiment . . .
And, finally . . .
And . . . that's it for me, my darlins! Oh, wait . . . I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! And, as always, thanks so much for your very sweet comments! Until next time . . . hugs!!
post signature

14 comments:

Alyce said...

Aww so sweet Pat! Love the beautiful embellies and the pretty soft colours. The little tag sitting in the envelope is a really cute idea too! Sounds like you had a fun weekend :)

Mau xx said...

Totally adorable! ..lol Yes you too Pat :)
Love the card, the papers are beautiful and love the ribbon detail and Lace.
Hope you had a great time regardless of the Porta potties...yuk!
Hugs Mau xx

craftynatalie said...

beautiful card

CaroleAnn said...

Pat
I was pulled right into this card! Love everything about it - the coloring is awesome and the design!! Thanks for sharing - what a beautiful card for some lucky person to receive and to treasure forever!
Hugs

caroline said...

gorgeous card, lovely sweet image,
lovely colours and colouring
caroline woodhall x

Debbie said...

Pat, how could she not like it. It is STUNNING!!!! Holy Toledo Batman it really is perfect in every way. I love the way you did the tag!!! Have to remember that...

Talk to you later gater
Hugs
Debbie

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Pat! Love the sweet image! Your coloring is fantastic and all the embellishments are beautiful, too!

Bea und Doreen said...

stuning card Pat. The image and the colours are great and the sentiment is .... perfect for me *lol*
I'm always to late *lol*
And the tag is fab too
Big hugs
Doreen xx

A Casa di Ale said...

MOLTO BELLO IL TIMBRO DELIZIOSI I DECORI CHE HAI USATO

CIAO DA ALE

catherine said...

This is so fantastic Pat and one of my fave images. Fantastic job with the colours and love how you have finished the inside too. the sentiment is super. Glad you enjoyed your festival
x catherine

Molecraft said...

Totally gorgeous Pat!
Helen x

Christina C. said...

OMG...how did I miss this beauty??? Darn it, life seems to interfere all the time with my crafting and blogging!!!!! This is incredibly gorgeous, inside and out....wow, love the colors and your coloring of this darling image is amazing!

Ivonne said...

Another gorgeous card. Love the color combo and the image is so sweet. The inside of the card is gorgeous as well. Hugs, Ivonne

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is amazing,thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs Pops x x x