Thursday, June 21, 2012

What? Another BOY card?!

Hello and hap-hap-happy Thursday to you, m'darlins! It's time for another fun challenge over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's theme is to make a card that is . . .

"Masculine"

I can hear you all groaning! hehe! I must admit, I much prefer girly and frilly cards . . . but, I'll let'cha in on a secret . . . when I have to make "boy" cards, I usually make baby cards! That way my card can be "sweet" even though embellies have been kept to a minimum! So . . . here's what I came up with . . .

This sweet little Mo Manning image is called "Buskettie' . . . and you can find it HERE in Mo's online store. I have to say, I think spaghetti is just made for eating with your hands! So much more efficient!! hehehe!! Here's a close-up of this cute little fella . . .

I broke out my Caran d'Ache and Faber-Castell colored pencils for this cutie . . . over a base of Copics. What fun!! Here's a side-ish view . . .

My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Certainly Celery & Bashful Blue cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Recollections (from Michael's Craft Store)
Peony Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Button die: Memory Box
Buttons & bakers twine: My stash
Hardware & Certainly Celery ribbon: Stampin' Up
Sentiment (front): High Hopes
Sentiment (inside): Stampin' Up
Copics & colored pencils

A peek at the inside . . .

One last view . . .

See? "Masculine" cards can be cute too! hehe! Now, don't forget to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the fabulous "Masculine" projects created my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oh . . . and remember . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks bunches for stopping by . . . and for your sweet comments! Until next time . . . Mwaahhh!!
post signature

20 comments:

amanda stokes said...

Hi Pat,
There's nothing wrond with a masculine card especially when made with such a cutie!!!
He's adoreable,gorgeous papers and design :) x

Boxofcolours said...

Adorable! And who is going to clean up his mess??
Hugs
Jane

fairysparkle said...

Hey sweetie pie im same as you i always go for the girlie cards .This is so cute and he is adorable ,love it all and the colours are are just so pretty even if it is for a male .x

Carla S. said...

Fantastic baby card, Pat! Love the button border and adorable image! Awesome coloring and design, as always!

Dorcas said...

THis is great Pat! Your copic coloring always amazes me, so vibrant! And hey! I love your new blog design! I'm diggin the blues! The header is so cool!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love your card - inside and out - the colors are so pretty! This is one of the cutest baby images! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Ivonne said...

Wow Pat!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! LOVE the soft colors and papers. The button's die is amazing. The image super cute and perfect colored as always. LOVE it!! Hugs, Ivonne

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥

Alina said...

I love it, Pat, gorgeous colour combination and embellishments and the image so beautifully coloured!
hugs, Alina

Vicky said...

Totally adorable Pat...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Christina C. said...

WOW....I am blown away by your amazing coloring!!!!! Absolutely phenomenal, Pat!!!!!!

June Nelson said...

Fabulous card Pat and I love that btuton border and all your little extras, its lovely huggies June xxx

Mau xx said...

Hi My sweet friend,Thanks for your good wishes...they are working :))
Love the card, I haven't got this image...yet!! you are a pesky woman showing me images that I haven't got. No fret I just blame you when I tell Hubby I had to buy more :))
I love the detail on your card too, that button border is amazing.....hmmm I haven't got one of those either!
I had better go.. Hugs xxxx

Debbie said...

This is utterly adorable for a masucline card. You are so right, a boy card can be cute, but then again it was touched by your talented hands so what could go wrong. This is just too cute.The soft blues and greens are perfect for this making it just perfect both inside and out.

Hugs
Debbie

catherine said...

This is just so beautiful Pat inside and out. fab image and such great colours
x catherine

Alyce said...

Pat this is adorable! I love the cute image and your colouring is just amazing :)

Tracy said...

Cute as a button! LOL I couldn't resist all those buttons are so much fun. The coloring is gorgeous on this card Pat. You really nailed this little sweetie! Hugs

Candy said...

Absolutely delightful, Pat.
Beautiful colouring!!!
Big hugs, Candy

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loved your recent patriotic number. Wonderful colouring as always! And as for this little guy! How clever of you to do baby cards for boys - he is sooooo sweet and I love that button die! Hugs, Lesley

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Pat, this is FABULOUS!!! I love the colors & DP you chose for this design and your coloring is gorgeous as always. ~jeni :)