Monday, June 18, 2012

Sugar Nellie DT - "Artistic Goddess"

Happy Monday, my lovelies! Hope you all had a beautiful weekend. I spent both Saturday and Sunday in my fave room of the house . . . my studio, of course! hehe!! I can't believe it's already time for me to show you my newest Sugar Nellie DT project. Now, before I show you my latest creation, I just have to say that I went a bit overboard with embellies! Let's just say . . . I was REALLY an "artistic goddess" this week!
This is one of Krista Smith's "Simply Sassy" images created exclusively for Sugar Nellie. Her name is, "Artistic Goddess" . . . and I do believe she was my very FIRST "Simply Sassy" stamp. I just love her facial expression . . . and funky specs! And, ohhhh, that hair! What fun!! "Artistic Goddess" is available HERE at Funky Kits.

I colored this cutie with the following Copics:
Skin: E21, 00, 000, 0000
Cheeks: R30 & R20
Hair: E25, 23, 21, 50, 15, YR21 & 20
Eyes: G46, 43, 40
Purples: V28, 25, 22, 20, 000
Peachy pinks: R22, 20, 00, 000

Here's a bit of a side view . . . 
I had to laugh . . . I showed my husband this card and, of course, he told me he liked it! (He's so good like that! hehehe!) Then he said, "I hope the theme isn't 'Clean & Simple', cuz if it is, you're in big trouble!" I tell ya, I was ROTFL! 

My card "recipe" . . . 
Creamy Caramel, Black, & Very Vanilla cardstock: Stampin' up
DPs: "Almanac Collection" by Prima
Lace, feathers, pearls, buttons, flower, Scrabble tiles, & twine: My stash
Film, hangers, & "clock die: Tim Holtz
Butterfly medallions: Bo Bunny
Mini Clips: Stampin' Up
Sentiment: Stampers Anonymous
Artist stamp (inside): 100 Proof Press
Wonky Rectangle Nesties: Spellbinders
and a few colored pencils on top of my Copics

. . . a peek at the inside . . .
And a closeup of that hilarious sentiment! I must admit, I can't disagree with it at all! LOL!
And, finally . . . 

I've decided to enter this card into the following challenges:

And . . . that's it for me, kiddos! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card . . . and for your sweet comments! Until tomorrow when I'll be back with another little something! Mwahhhh!
post signature

22 comments:

Renkata said...

wow pat
this is such a sensational card.
Amazing design.

cards2love said...

This is amazing!! So much to see!! A jewel!!
Greetings Mary

Ivonne said...

WOW Pat! Stunning card, I can't stop looking at it. SO many gorgeous details, WOW!! Love it! Hugs, Ivonne

Dorcas said...

What? I thought YOU were the artistic goddess?? This is an awesome card, Pat. The embellishing is perfect especially for the subject matter of the card. You know how much "stuff" us "artistic types" generate! ;)

catherine said...

Fantastic card Pat and love everything you have done to it inside and out
x catherine

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie wow this is stunning, just perfect huggles Pops x x x

Molecraft said...

Wow, this is brilliant Pat, a gorgeous creation, very CAS, LOL!
Helen x

cathylynn said...

Hey Pat this is FANTASTIC! Love your coloring and all the embellies!
Great inside and out!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Michelle said...

Love EVERYTHING about this card! WOW!

Blessings,
Michelle

Candy said...

WOW Pat!
What a card!!!
Big hugs, Candy

Iulia said...

Hey sweetie! Is that a card you made for yourself? He he! Wowzers, you have a little masterpiece here, with so many details; I don't think I've seen a more complicated Mo card. It must have taken you hours to make it look so charming! And these Simply Sassy suit you so perfectly!
Love the sentiment inside and the papers; well everything! You know it's a perfect card, don't you?:)
Hugs, Iulia

Sheri said...

Oh no....Now what the heck are your going to make me want?! This is....so cute!! Darn you Pat!! ;)

Sheri said...

OH! and one more thing...those Scrabble tile...brilliant! :)

Alyce said...

WOW!!! Pat this is incredible! I absolutely love it but you do know I am not a cas person ;) hehe. All of the details are just so perfect - and your colouring! Amazing! I really like that movie film...and the word tiles! :D

Joann Burton said...

I know you had a blast with this card. Krista is sooo talented and wow what a job you have done. I bet hubby is a hoot....I love the card and that flower is wowzie...Love it my friend...joann sassy raggedy

Bea und Doreen said...

fantastic card Pat. Love all the papers you used. Gorgeous
Hugs
Doreen xx

Danielle said...

OMG Pat. I just could not help laughing... and remembering. she looks sooo much like one of my art teacher, this is increadible. She was a true hippie, and wore such over socks on her shoes in weird colors! and always had big bows in her hair LOL... Love your card so much. All the elements are wonderful, the little hanger, and the film strip are my favourties. Wonderful layout. have a nice day! thanks for the memories. Hugs.

Dannii said...

WOW OUTSTANDING!

Christina C. said...

OMG..........OMG..........OMG.....I ADORE THIS CREATION!!!!! I can't stop admiring all the fabulous details on this beauty and the image is so darn cute and colored to perfection!!!! I especially love your hubby's comment....made me laugh out loud!!!!
This is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shazza said...

fabulous card, I love everything x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Pat. I've lots to catch up on but my blog journeys are not considered complete until I've been for a visit with you. I see you've made real beauties every time. This one is stuffed full of prettiness and I love the sentiment! Your new granddaughter is gorgeous by the way - lovely names your girlies have! Hugs, Lesley

Debbie Dolphin said...

Hi There
Such a beautiful card.
Thankyou so muchfor playing along with us this month at CLP.
Big hugs
Debbie xxx