Thursday, June 7, 2012

Waiting for the Parade . . .

Happy Thursday . . . and welcome, once again, to my little corner of the world! I've been spending lots of quality time in my gorgeous new studio. My sister says I'm spoiled. My response . . . "Maybe" hehehe! So, I had the best time with my card for this week's challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! As you may know, since this is the first challenge of the month, our theme (as always) is . . .

Anything Goes!

Here's what I came up with . . .
This little darlin' is called "Waiting for the Parade" and she's one of Mo Manning's newest digi images I fell in love with her immediately . . . isn't she so cute sitting there with her Raggedy Ann doll? You can find this adorable image HERE in Mo's online store. Here's an extreme close-up . . .
 And a "sort of" side view . . .
My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Very Vanilla, Real Red, & Night of Navy cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Liberty Collection" by Bo Bunny
Square square die: Nestabilities
Star dies: Sizzix
Night of Navy ribbon: Stampin' Up
Stars: my stash
Sentiment & stamp die: Whimsy
Inside star stamp: Magnolia
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

A peek at the inside . . .
And finally . . .
So, that's what I've been up to lately! Now, please be sure to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous projects created my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oooh . . . and don't forget . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so much for visiting . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . hugs!

26 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

wow fantastic inside and out luv the sweet little image she is a cutie.
Chris x

Christina C. said...

Such a sweet card, Pat! I adore Mo images and you do such a fantastic job coloring and showcasing them!
Love everything about this gorgeous card!

Alyce said...

What a great layout Pat! I love those layered stars and that image is just the cutest! :D

Dorcas said...

Oh she's too cute Pat! Another image I need to get! Mos coming out with some real winners!! I love all the dimension and texture on this card!

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pat! I love the red, white and blue color theme and all the stars! The image is adorable and you've colored to perfection!

Gina L said...

What a darling card. Adorable image. I love that ribbon and all of the stars.

Sheri said...

Love all the beautiful layers on this Pat and of course...you're coloring is sheer perfection! :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, my friend! Love how you've colored her and the papers and embellishments are perfect! Love it!!
hugs, Sharon

Lorraine said...

Great image, fab colours and love the bow and stars!
Lorraine x

Lisa Lynn said...

Pat, love your coloring. I just did this image too since I find it too adorable.

catherine said...

Stunning Pat as always. Love the colours, image and embellishments - everything!!
x catherine

Molecraft said...

Totally brilliant Pat, love it!
Helen x

Debbie said...

She is a cutie patootie Miz Pat waiting for the parade, waving her flag as the marching band goes by. And I must say you used the perfect paper and embellishments for this patriotic card.

Hugs
Debbie

Tracy said...

You couldn't have picked a better combination of elements Pat. This is spectacular! If this card doesn't make you want to stand up and salute I don't know what will. :-) Awesome!

Danielle said...

So so sweet Pat, I love this cute image so much, and you dp could not be more perfect! love the stars and the big bow. Enjoy your craftroom and yes be spoiled! I remember a day when the only space I had in my own house was the kitchen and the bathroom... so I guess we all went throught that period. so ENJOY without guilt LOL have a beautiful day! hugs from Montreal. (and my new craftroom in process!!!)

Joann Burton said...

Hi Pat,
I did this cute image the other day but yours puts my to shame. So pretty and nice. You know I had to try it because of that raggedy ann...Great job...joann sassy raggedy

Alina said...

absolutely beautiful card, Pat, I love the image and the papers and all the matching embellishments! gorgeous!
hugs, Alina

Nela said...

Beautiful card!
Love your coloration and the image is so adorable!
Nela xx

Ivonne said...

OMG Pat, I love it. LOVE all papers, the ribbon, the stars! The image is so cute and it is colored so amazingly beautiful. I LOVE it!! Hugs, Ivonne

Bernadet said...

absolutely beautiful card Pat!! Your coloring is as usual stunning!!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is simply stunning, hugs Pops x x x

cards2love said...

Wow, this is sooo beautiful!! Papers, embellies, colours , sketch........just gorgeous!
The image is adorable!
Greetings Mary

Michelle said...

Oh how I love this card! I will be heading back to Mo's to get her for myself! I really liked her until you mentioned the Raggedy Ann doll, now I LOVE her! lol And I love ANYTHING patriotic, such a great card!
Blessings,
Michelle

Rene said...

Oh Pat...I was sitting here thinking I haven't popped by your blog in forever and I am so glad I chose this moment! What a doll she is and so patriotic in her red, white and blue!!!!
Gorgeous!
Rene :D

fairysparkle said...

Hi sweet friend ,this is such a delightful card and such a sweet image .Pat your colouring is amazing .
love ,fairy

Iulia said...

Totally adorable and your flag colors are just perfect for this image! Mo really thinks of everything!
I just love the way you embellished it; evrything is so beautifully chose, as always!
Love the backing paper with the flag, how perfect!
Hugs