Thursday, June 14, 2012

At the PARK!

Looking for my newest Sugar Bowl card?
Please scroll down.

Hello again, my lovelies! It's Thursday, and you know what that means? It means there's another fun challenge over at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! This week's theme is . . .

"At the Park"

Perfect . . . especially since it's nearing summer here in the Northern Hemisphere. So . . . here's what I came up with . . .
This sweet little Mo Manning image is called "Make a Wish' . . . and you can find it HERE in Mo's online store. I remember blowing dandelions while making wishes when I was a little girl. Who knew that my "wish blowing" was helping to populate my dad's lawn with the prettiest yellow flowers?! hehehe!!
I took full advantage of my DPs for this card. Cutting out specific elements (like the tree and swing-set) and popping them up on foam dimensionals! This card is another "clean & simple" creation. I'm kinda liking the simpler cards these days. Although I'm just about ready to get back to using flowers and lace and lots and lots of embellies! LOL!

My card "recipe" . . . 
Image printed on Cryogen White  Paper
Crumb cake cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Playtime" by DCWV
Nestabilities: Spellbinders
Flower: K & Company
Sentiment words: Stampin' Up
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

One more view . . .
I hope you enjoyed my little creation! Now, don't forget to pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog HERE to check out the beautiful "At the Park" projects created my talented DT sistahs! Then, please join the fun this week at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog! Just remember to use one (or more) of Mo Manning's images (you can find them in Mo's online stores HERE and HERE). Oh . . . and remember . . .  Mo is giving away one $5.00 shopping spree at Mo's online stores for every 25 entries! (selected by Random.Org, of course).

Thanks so very much for stopping by . . . and for your kind comments! Until next time . . . Hugs!
post signature

18 comments:

Joey said...

Oh how much fun is this card! love it Pat, gorgeous colourwork and love the little swings in the background too. Joey xx

Boxofcolours said...

What a lovely card as always Pat!
Love and hugs
Jane

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Pat! I love the background elements and the sweet image! Fantastic coloring, as always!

catherine said...

Such a fantastic and so creative card Pat. Love the background effect
x catherine

Christina C. said...

Such a darling image, colored magnificently! Love the background design...brilliant!

Dorcas said...

Hey Pat! Welcome home. :)
I really love this one, GF. The playground you created is awesome. I could look at this a long time. Great job!
ps) I didn't get to do much extra commenting this past week, got a nasty case of poison ivy, like all over my face, neck, arms and shoulders...didn't feel like doing much of anything except scratch....

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pat, love the image and all the background details too!
Lorraine x

Mau xx said...

Hi Pat, hope you are well xx
Love the card, I bought this image a couple of weeks ago and she hasn't been coloured yet..watch this space...lol
Love the swing in the background and your papers are beautiful. I have missed 3 DP2 challenges can you just believe that!!! Its time I had some quality Craft time.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Pat! I love your coloring and the papers you used couldn't have been more perfect! Yet another fabulous creation!
hugs!

Tracy said...

Your coloring is always spot on amazing but putting the swing set and tree in the background just make this card so much fun Pat. Loaded or CAS simple, it's always well done here. :-) Hugs!

Candy said...

Oh Pat!
I LOVE your card!
Perfect image :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Erika said...

Oh I love this what a cute wee image and the park going on in the background is just fab.
Hugs Erika.

Alyce said...

Pat this is adorable! I love that little swing set in the background and that image is so cute! :D

Joann Burton said...

So cute. I love the way you have colored her skirt. joann sassy raggedy

fairysparkle said...

Hey sweetie what a beut this card is and love the colours and your colouring is fabby .xx

Iulia said...

Sweet and beautifully done, Pat! Love the see-saw in the back, what a great idea! I love simpler cards too but no idea how I never succeed to have them properly done.. I always have to add more and ruin everything lol.
Yours is just perfect and your coloring always brightens my day!

Cynthia said...

Adorable "Park" scene you've created here, Pat.

Sheila said...

Gorgeous as always Ms Pat, I love the swing in the background GF, and you do CAS so well too mwahh.
Hugs
Sheila xx